South Park - Sold to Ubisoft
It seems the rumours were true and Ubisoft has purchased the publishing rights for South Park: The Stick of Truth from the now-defunct THQ. No word on the objection from South Park Digital Studios but Kotaku has a letter from THQ bosses Brian Farrell and Jason Rubin:
To All THQ Employees:
We now have the answers we've been seeking through our financial restructuring and
Chapter 11 case. While much will be written, here are the facts of the bids and auction
that occurred t:
- Yesterday morning, we received a competing bid for the operating business,
along with Clearlake's offer, and numerous offers for separate assets.
- During an auction process that lasted over 22 hours, the final conclusion was
that the separate-asset bids would net more than a single buyer for the majority
of the company.
- Shortly, we will, present the results to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, which must
concur with our assessment.
- The proposed sales of multiple assets is as follows :
- Sega agreed to purchase Relic
- Koch Media agreed to purchase Volition and Metro
- Crytek agreed to purchase Homefront
- Take 2 agreed purchase Evolve and
- Ubisoft agreed to purchase Montreal and South Park
We expect these sales to close this week.
Information aboutSP: The Stick of Truth