Expeditions: Conquistador - Free Content Update
Logic Artists SRPG Expeditions: Conquistador has received a free content patch that provides a bunch of gameplay, graphics, and usability improvements.
We promised actual content, didn’t we? Well, you’ll be excited to hear that we’ve added 14 new events: three new Guard Failure events (each of which involves a new battle), two Tinkering events, one new Patrol event (with another new battle!), one new Treatment event, two new Travel events, and five new personal camping events for certain followers that didn’t have any.
There’s a bunch of other little tweaks and additions that you can find in the full changelog, but the last important thing to mention is that Mexico is now substantially harder. If you want the true Conquistador experience, you’ll still have to dial the difficulty up to Aguirre, but all difficulty settings now have much improved balance in Mexico:
- You’ll routinely come up against enemy groups that match your troops in rank and equipment.
- Certain fights are now on a turn timer.
- Food from hunting no longer scales with your party size (such that the more followers you have, the harder it gets to feed them all).
- There’s less meat and herbs in Mexico in general.
- All critical hits break your equipment.
- All enemies now get random passive abilities corresponding to their rank.
- Construction costs for items have been massively increased.
- There is now a limit to how many items of each type you can bring into a battle based on your Tactics skill.
The update is already available on Steam and awaiting approval on Desura. GOG and GamersGate will follow in a few days, they need time to build their own update installers. We hope you’ll enjoy all this new stuff and convenient improvements, and we hope you’ll now find Mexico is the challenge that it was always meant to be. Don’t be afraid to turn up the difficulty if you find yourself steamrolling through! And please do swing by our forums (yes you have to register to comment) and let us know what you think of the update, and above all – have fun.
Information aboutExpeditions: Conquistador