Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
Shroud of the Avatar - About the Music
by Myrthos, 2013-08-07 12:44:40
Richard Gariiot was hanging out at Google+ and shared his views on the music in Shroud of the Avatar.
If you can't be bothered to watch the video, there is also a brief summary available.
For Shroud of the Avatar, I have musical goals which include inspiration from Ken Arnolds work in Early Ultima's, historical style pieces akin to Iolo's Stones and other work. http://www.moongates.com/music/
I still have a strong affinity for the early Ultima music scored by Ken Arnold, that even with only 3 voices, had great memorable melodies. Don’t listen to the simplicity nor the instrumentation, just the fact that they have memorable simple melodies.
My favorites for inspiration are:
· Captain John’s Hornpipe
· Worlds Below
Other Music that inspires me while working on SotA
· AWOL Nation – Sail: Love the power, instrumentation and melody, lyrics unrelated.
· Beats Antique – Beauty Beats : Love the instrumentation and melodies
· Beats Antique – Mission: Ditto
· Synthetic Dream Foundation – The One Eyed Maiden: Ditto
· Steam Powered Giraffe - Automatonic Electronic Harmonics: Ditto
· Metallica – Enter Sandman: Metallica Power Ballads fit the melodic, powerful style I would like to achieve for some parts and the “intro” theme song.
· Metallica – Unforgiven
· Metallica – Nothing Else Matters
Found at UltimaCodex.
Information aboutShroud of the Avatar
SP/MP: Single + MP
Release: In development