Aeon of Sands - A Dungeon Crawler
We have recently been made aware of the game Aeon of Sands: The Trial, which is currently in development by two persons. The game is schedule for release in 2015 and claims to be in the style of the classic PC and Amiga dungeon games of the 90s.
Aeon of Sands is a "Dungeon Adventure": a story-driven role playing game and a love letter to classic PC and Amiga games of the 90s.
"The Trail" is the first chapter of the Aeon series, in which you follow the adventures of a young city clerk in a world that is orbited by two suns. The clerk Setrani is sent on a investigative mission: the search for a missing diplomatic caravan in a territory ravaged by bandits. Will he track it down? And what if he does? Will this save the dome city from the fall of its sacred tree?
Explore the long shadows of the gigantic Kinami tree, which is the sacred totem and protector of mankind. The world is permeated by a magical energy that is absorbed by all beings and things. People use items to adopt their magical energy. Magical items produce different effects depending on the ethnic group and their current magic skills.
- Story-driven role playing game with unique choices
- First-person perspective in real time
- More than 20 challenging dungeons with more than 30 monsters and bosses, more than 300 unique items, more than 150 illustrated scenes for plot nodes
- Style and feeling of classic RPG games from the '90s (Perihelion, Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Master […])
- Skill Gain System
- Item-based magicsystem (Characters gain their magical energy from objects)
- Completely hand-drawn & painted visuals
- Platforms: Windows | MacOSX | Linux
- Release: Early 2015
Information aboutAeon of Sands
Genre: Dungeon Crawler
Release: In development