Mount & Blade - September Release Date
GamersHell posts that Paradox Interactive has issued a press release promoting Mount & Blade's free form sandbox medieval combat and other features. The only new detail I saw here (and it may not be that new) was the September 2008 ship to stores date.
Here's the list of features:
- Free-form sandbox gameplay. Trade, serve, or even joust. Go anywhere, do anything in a world thriving with hundreds of locations.
- Distinctive horseback combat. Mount up and attack your foes with swords, lances or arrows.
- Highly advanced and intuitive sword-fighting system.
- Be a lonesome adventurer, conniving merchant, or a commander of armies.
- Interact with hundreds of characters; hire mercenaries to build a private army, accept quests to assassinate troublemakers, or boost your reputation by buying a round of beer at the local tavern.