Underrail - New Content Update
A new content update for Underrail adds new areas if you have the Expedition DLC.
Dev Log #69: Crossing the Styx (184.108.40.206)
We're rolling out a new content update. It's going to be a somewhat weird update because the main bulk of the content is centered around something that is not part of a mainstream playthrough. We added an interesting adventure and resolution to players who get... genetically compromised during their time in Underrail. Where and how is for you guys to find out (it does require the Expedition DLC though).
Also we've added more than a dozen new areas to the game, some of which will appear randomly in different playthroughs.
Mechanics-wise I've taken a look at firearm pistols, throwing, and super steel weapons and made some improvements and/or tweaks there.
Anyway, here's the full list of changes, minus the secret stuff:
- You can now throw acid vials
- Obscure weapon improved in an obscure way [Lemurian Spear works with High-Technicalities]
- Infused Bison leather will now provide more fortitude when crafting boots (not applied retroactively)
- Vigorous Belt now also grants 15 fortitude
- AI Scrambler and Hypno Goggle value will now scale with their effective level
- Reduced the max spec points that can be invested in Wrestling spec to 5, since more would just take you over 100% chance to apply. If you invested more than that: lol noob! (j/k You'll get those back on the next level up (unless you're max level in which case: lol noob!))
Metal Weapon Changes
- Increased critical hit chance of all firearm pistols by 3% (new base is 10% now)
- Firearm pistols damage increased by about 25%
- Firearm pistols now ignore up to 40% of target's evasion at close range
- Sharpshooter now grants the critical damage bonus to firearm pistols at all times regardless of focus
- Added Gun-Fu feat - When attacking with firearm pistols in melee range, your effective attack skill is increased by 40% (up to 60% through specialization) of your unmodified melee skill for all purposes, including the damage done
- Added Bullet Time feat - When activated, reduces action point cost of firing firearm pistols by 30% (up to 50% through specialization) until the end of the turn.
- Certain plasma sentries will now deploy their plasma cannons in real-time and wait for the player
- Added Napalm Barrels, a stronger version of regular explosive barrel that also spawns fire; these can be thrown by the usual suspects
- A certain very, very bad gas that's been released into an under-passage hideout now dissipates after some time
- Added the Lost Vault dungeon in Upper Caves
- Added new Core City sewers random fragments
- Added new GMS vault cave which are randomly selected when starting a new game. Ongoing playthroughs will still have the default map
- Added a new source of very bad gas inside a certain bunker in Upper Caves
- [Expedition] Added the ability to climb up the cliff at the entrance to the Black Sea (requires some high agility)
- [Expedition] Added a rift to Fort Apogee
- [Expedition] Added a certain mentioned wild boar to the Hathorian hunting grounds. Snort!
- Pyrokinetic stream will now properly apply Thermodynamicity when the invocation ends
- Pyromaniac's extra damage from specialization will now properly be applied
- Thermodynamic Destabilization can now trigger Pyromaniac
- Psi window will now be hidden while the character sheet is open like other windows are
- Invoking Psycho-temporal Contraction while already under effects of one will not grant you more action and movement points in that turn
- Fixed the value rounding bug when displaying character damage resistances
- Fixed the bug that caused doppelgangers to not despawn in real-time combat
- Fixed a long standing animation glitch that caused the animation to abruptly end after the psi ability is invoked
- Fixed the bug that would sometimes cause the game to crash when an acid barrel is thrown
- Fixed the bug that would sometimes cause the death screen to be uninteractble when you die during a cutscene
- Fixed being able to avoid confronting Jookhela through the power of turn-based mode exploits
- Fixed Tobias in Tithonus Lab turning on the power during turn-based combat instead of trying to make sure it's off
- Fixed Aran not getting a health buff on Dominating
- Fixed GMS level 3 doors not working with automatic door opening option checked
- Fixed sometimes not getting xp when completing a certain assassination quest for Edgar
- [Expedition] Fixed not being able to talk to Katya after visiting "the cave", as well as a certain dialog option not showing up regarding something you see at the entrance to the Black Sea
- Various minor dialog and map fixes and tweaks
That's all for now. Let us know how you like the new content.