How would you prefer to donate on RPGWatch?

• Recurring small monthly sum

• Recurring medium monthly sum

• Recurring large monthly sum

• One-off small sum

• One-off medium sum

• One-off large sum

• I would not donate

• Other (please explain in comments) or staff member

Results are only viewable after voting.
I guess that's purely subjective. For one-off donations, I'd consider small to be in the $1-20 range, medium in $21-50 range and large $51 and above, but obviously YMMV, so everyone can vote according to their perception of the ranges.

For recurring donations it's a somewhat different story; for one person $5 per month is little, for someone else quite a lot. So anyone who prefers to make recurring donations Patreon-style, I'd appreciate to hear feedback on what you would consider to be sensible sums to offer in the donation tiers.
I have been using patreon for years, and Kristin Hersh's pre-patreon similar idea. Monthly? Depends on what I get, 10$ to keep the site going is fine, higher becomes (sorry) but what's in it for me?

I made the 7 year donation because walking my dogs today I saw a bee on a flower on Feb 21 in Northern Ohio. The lifetime seemed like a waste because I'm not sure if we are even going to get the 7 years. ;)

I'm buying my assless chaps and getting a mohawk asap. I already have an Australian cattle dog like Mel Gibson so I should be good.
are you as short as he is? That is why the Japanese loved the first movie.

For example, I started with a 1-year donation because I feel comfortable with that period, but what if I wanted to donate a little more per year? I also wondered what would happen if I donated for 2 years right now: would the subscription last for 2 years (resetting the counter), or 3 years (accumulating)?
So, I got the answer to this from the horse's mouth. What actually happens is that each subscription gets started separately... so if you donate multiple times via the account upgrade system, you end up with multiple concurrent subscriptions. There is no way to make it so that subsequent donations would simply extend an existing one automatically. The PayPal integration that XF uses is somewhat outdated and not very flexible, so for anyone who donated multiple times using the account upgrades, I would have to manually extend one subscription and delete another. Not really a problem, just something that people would need to request individually. The alternative would be to donate via our Ko-fi donation page and just put down your username there and ask for an extension of the existing subscription.

Ko-fi also has the option to choose a custom donation amount.

Last edited:
Thanks for checking, @Taluntain. :)

It sounds like trying concurrent subscriptions could be messy and may require you to fix things, but Ko-fi is perfect. And I see it does anonymous donations on top of that, nice! So it fixes everyone's problem?

Hopefully it's not too much hassle for you.

I've updated our donation info page with some additional information on donating anonymously.

I've also reorganized the Notable members page. Each category now lists either all or more users than before. New is the "Supporters" category, which lists all the users with the old donor tags and all the new ones with the supporter tag.

Thanks again to everyone who's donated or is supporting RPGWatch in some other way!

How I would donate would depend largely on my financial situation.
Right now, it is balanced due to several factors. But, I'm currently looking for a new flat closer to the firm I work in, and the rent prices are very high there. If I find one, things will change very much for me, very likely forcing me to cut down nearly anything that costs money. The rent of living space in the area around me is *very* high. At that time, I perhaps won't even have any internet coinnection until everything becomes worked out and balancec again (if ever). I might even change my living style completely, and rather get away from the internet at all. Means that I won't be able to donate anything at all at that point, or only a small sum.

How I would donate would depend largely on my financial situation.
Right now, it is balanced due to several factors. But, I'm currently looking for a new flat closer to the firm I work in, and the rent prices are very high there. If I find one, things will change very much for me, very likely forcing me to cut down nearly anything that costs money. The rent of living space in the area around me is *very* high. At that time, I perhaps won't even have any internet coinnection until everything becomes worked out and balancec again (if ever). I might even change my living style completely, and rather get away from the internet at all. Means that I won't be able to donate anything at all at that point, or only a small sum.
Not to derail things but why would you want to put such a financial strain on yourself just to move closer to work? Unless your cutting out literally hours of commute what you’re describing doesn’t seem worth it. Don’t mean to pry as it’s really none of my business, but it seems extreme.

I need a change so much. I have been living in the same place for 30 years now, and I need a change in order to further develop my self.

Just donated a little. Will get a little money back from taxes in a few weeks and thought it fitting to spend some of it here 🙃

Btw: If the name displayed is yours @Taluntain , then you have the same surname as my wife's best friend and her husband :)

That would be nice, but no... I haven't really done a full tally, but at a very rough estimate we're currently probably around $500 short of covering the most essential expenses incurred since I've taken over RPGWatch. There was a very long period when donating wasn't available, so it'll take a while to offset expenses going back that far. But we're getting there. :)