HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
IGN and Fextralife checked out Kingdom Come: Deliverance II:

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 Gameplay FIRST LOOK & EXCLUSIVE INFO @ Fextralife

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 Dev Reveals Hidden Details in Announcement Trailer - Rewind Theater @ IGN

IGN interview:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II Interview: New Setting Will Feature 'Wide Range of Ethnicities and Different Characters'

Warhorse Studios on what it means to be "twice as big" as the original and more in our new interview.

Earlier today, Warhorse Studios officially announced Kingdom Come: Deliverance II, the sequel to its popular RPG set in medieval Bohemia. In a private presentation to media, Warhorse Studios revealed it would be "twice as big" as the first game, among other details. It also confirmed that the sequel will continue the story of Henry, the protagonist of the first game.

Speaking with IGN over email, Warhorse Studios spokesperson Tobias Stolz-Zwilling shed additional light on what to explore from Kingdom Come: Deliverance II, including some of the practical implications of what it means to be "twice as big" as the original game. Warhorse Studios also touched on how the sequel will approach historical accuracy, and what the introduction of Kuttenberg will mean for the setting overall.

"The story and plot of [Kingdom Come: Deliverance] has evolved -- it's darker, deeper, and more cinematic, yet also crueler with pivotal decisions and plot twists that challenge the players's conscience. Nevertheless, it retains its humor and down-to-earth approach," Stolz-Zwilling said. "As mentioned already, Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively cosmopolitan city that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey."

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II is currently under development for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, with a release date set for later this year. Read on for the complete interview.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

wow just wow. i am impressed
if needed, i will buy a new setup to enjoy this marble!

I had no idea this was in the works, and just recently purchased the first one for peanuts during the last steam spring sale (had been on my list for a while). Played for a few weeks. Enjoyable, but felt a little dated, and the save system was driving me a little crazy. I also got killed pretty much every fight and only lived by pure luck and cheesing each fight. The combat learning curve seemed steep. Now I will probably just go right to this new version. Just not enough free time I guess to play all good older games in the world :(

Looking good so far. The first game suffered some performance issues for a while, though I never found it impeding, despite the general performance reports which was the only thing really bringing the game's popularity and success down.

I find that to be a pattern with a lot of games (people reporting performance issues while I'm having none), and at times I wonder if I'm the luckiest person in the world, I have a high tolerance before I consider a game is "having performance issues" or just nobody builds proper rigs with components that match well with each other. Likely a combination of all of those.

Either way, this one will hit my must-play list. Hopefully development is in advanced stages and they won't do any Early Access shenanigans that may delay the release.

More details from Reddit.

• Warhorse is happy with the development so far
  • the story will provide an ending to Henry's story (finally, yay!)
  • the combat system should be more accessible for those not willing to learn all the in depth mechanics, yet you will be still able to master all it's mechnics and features as you could in the first game (more like a polish than making it more casual)
  • for example they analysed the original "star with dot" system, saw that many people had trouble with having five of them, so there will be now ONLY 4 positions (up, down, left, right and center I guess) and they decided to make more combo opportunities instead for you to master -> that should make combat more clear, yet give you still enough toys to play with and feel like a medieval combat master
  • then they talk about the old school complexity of KCD (combat, perks, skills) and how they try to modernise them for you to have fun
  • for example they like their perk/skill system because it doesn't really force you to manually put points somewhere which could give pressure on you and force you to google some builds and stuff -> they like how to progress is totally smoothly going and that you can explore the game instead of minmaxing it's systems (there is still depth to their systems, so you cant ofc research and minmax, but the game is made so it doesn't look like you should)
  • the crime system is newly done, you can get new punishments like that mark of a thief for example which make new interactions
  • the second game should be a little bit more open in it's open world, yet still have a linear going cinemtic story for you -> basically making it very similiar to first game, but better
  • ranged weapons are treated historically, crossbows will be common but gunpowder weapons will be percieved as a scary new invention, some characters will be really scared of them and the fear factor may be there as a thing
  • a part when Prokop is asked about comparison to Baldurs Gate III, jsut praising it basically.
  • then again classic talk about Cryengine talking about why they stick to it
  • Kuttenberg, it should be a totally different experience to Rattay -> they talk mainly about it's making and implementation. -> he talks about how hard it is to fill it with enough content to it's size
  • The countryside is not overfilled with content, you will find plenty of UNIQUE points of interest, quests, and stuff, but there will be spots where you can just get lost in a forest and enjoy the beautiful sightseeing without feeling a constant presence of some small filler stuff (hello there ubisoft)
  • They again focused on side quests to make them unique, interesting and fun
  • Warhorse got bigger, but still sticking to it's freedom, not trying to become a corporate
  • Savior schnapps WILL BE AGAIN IN THE SECOND GAME! (but if you hate it, Prokop also said that there will be more autosaves as the drink will be more accessible, they just want to do something about the classic bethesda F5 abuse before doing risky stuff)
  • New events between NPCs (random brawls in pubs)
  • Henry and NPC interactions should be similiar but again new interactions should be present
  • There will be NO children in the second game, bcs of the issues with it (rating, animations, etc.)

Looking forward to it. The first is a very interesting, very different sort of game and I'm interested to see them iterate on it.

For me, I hated the save system in the first game. I think I read they're keeping the same system for this game too? I also did not like the combat in the first game very much... if those two things remain the same this isn't something I'll likely ever play.

For me, I hated the save system in the first game. I think I read they're keeping the same system for this game too? I also did not like the combat in the first game very much... if those two things remain the same this isn't something I'll likely ever play.
Not sure about the combat, but the save system will be a non-issue because there will be a mod for it within the first week.

Ack, that's one change I was truly hoping for, a more robust save system. Oh well, what cannot be cured must be endured.

Well if you read the reddit link they are going to include alternate ways to save.

They even made combat and archery easier based on feedback.

Last edited:
I'm worried about making things easier, one of the biggest selling points of the original game to me was its brutal and unforgiving combat. I'm not about to panic yet, but I hope, at the very least, they make the easier combat an additional selectable option, and not the only setting the game can be played on.

Well if you read the reddit link they are going to include alternate ways to save.

They even made combat and archery easier based on feedback.
Yeah, they didn't understand the problem at all. They're talking about reducing the star to 4 branches. *facepalm*

I must have missed the archery system being simplified. But they're talking about other range weapons, which is cool.

Last edited: