HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Rogueliker checked out MythForce after the recent update:

MythForce Updated - the '80s throwback gets harder, better, faster, and stronger

I've been tracking MythForce since the first time I clapped eyes on it. You see, I'm an old git, an elder millennial if you prefer, and the MythForce aesthetic is aimed squarely at me - I am this game's core demographic (and that doesn't happen so much anymore). Yet the game was first released to very mixed feedback, and at the time I decided to skip it so I could focus on other games.

More recently I noticed that this roguish first-person shooter/brawler had been given a huge mechanical overhaul, and I decided that now was the time to take another look. And you know what? I'm glad that I did, because I think that MythForce is in pretty good shape now thanks to the aptly named Harder, Better, Faster, Story Update.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

On Steam right now there's 5 people playing this game, and it has a 24-hour peak of 19. Guess that update from a couple weeks ago is really drawing people in :LOL: Such a dead flop that it seems like a waste of time to even write about it.

The game doesn't even look bad, but yeah, Beamdog, a beloved studio for me, is not what it used to be, unfortunately.

Yeah Beamdog has become a huge disappointment. I had high hopes when they did the remasters, but they always end up failing when it comes to original games.

Last edited:
I tried the playtest or whatever it was they had on Steam, and I thought it was very bland. The more recent reviews are more positive, although, like @Stingray mentioned, hardly anyone is playing it.

Not a roguelike fan and yet this kinda appeals to me... but it seems too pricey for what it is (people finishing the game in 7 hours?). Maybe on a future sale...

Not a roguelike fan and yet this kinda appeals to me... but it seems too pricey for what it is (people finishing the game in 7 hours?). Maybe on a future sale...
It was already 50% off during Steam's spring sale, so you probably won't have to wait very long for discount.