Well, that was a nice run, the only real problems we had were ... me - doing things I shouldn't have done :D - and those "soulless water elementals" (?) doing far too much cold damage, therefore resulting in several deaths.
It turned out that Murianni was one of the most ... uneffected ... characters by all this ... Being half undead seems to have its advantages - no wonder that half undead characters are so popular in the forums ...
We did VON Arena as well, after that I wanted to leave. I was hiting TEH WALL anyway. My icon says I can get level 11 at any time now. (Don't remember the rank, though.)
What frustrates me is that my Paladin is level 10 now and still has only "heal light wounds" as a heal spell. Am I doing something wrong, or is that normal ? The "Healing Hands" help a lot, though.

Paladins get Cure Moderate as a lvl3 spell, which they can access at toon lvl11.

You'll need to complete VoN2 before next week to stay on schedule for the VoN5/6 raid. Since you're so far ahead on level (as expected), you can take 11 before running VoN2 if you want. Losing the bravery bonus for that quest won't matter for you. For that matter, you could run it on normal since all that matters is completing the quest- it's not like a saga where the game tracks normal/hard/elite and rewards you based on what you did.

Don't forget to get dressed- you should have a decent pile of lvl10 bound-to-account Barovia gear to choose from and at least one of the sets is intended for paladins.

As far as the plan goes...next session we've got VoN3/4 which should be worth a rank and a half by itself. Tack on White Plume. Then we'll take Az's idea and run Slavers a level over. That should be sufficient to get everyone into 12.

You're right, I should use my stuff I had accumulated.
My problem right now is that I have to do some "item tetris" again. But I'll solve that, eventually.

What I'll never quite understand is, why the group has such a high quests-per-hour ration, thouh. I do understand that you rush through quests because you all more than know them, but the ratio of quests-per-hour seems to me still a little bit high. But you know my background, maybe I'm just bickering.

Sometimes I just wonder how the group would do in Genshin Impact, but that'll never happen. Plus, you'd be through it in half an hour. ;)

What I'll never quite understand is, why the group has such a high quests-per-hour ration, thouh. I do understand that you rush through quests because you all more than know them, but the ratio of quests-per-hour seems to me still a little bit high. But you know my background, maybe I'm just bickering.

Sometimes I just wonder how the group would do in Genshin Impact, but that'll never happen. Plus, you'd be through it in half an hour. ;)
The flaw in your logic is when you say we're rushing. We're just playing. That happens to be at a higher pace than you seem to favor, but it doesn't mean we're running a race.

Some of us like to smell the roses and enjoy the sunsets, while others want to know what's over the next hill, or around the next bend. It takes all types to make a world and we're just such a cosmopolitan group!! :)

He has never run with Gat at Gat speed! lol

He has never run with Gat at Gat speed! lol
You gain a new appreciation for how fast the game can be played, that's for sure. And it's not like he's ignoring everything to get to the final boss- he's just learned lots of little tricks and has painstakingly developed his toons into complete buzzsaws.

We need to get Gat in one time with Alrik, just for that.

Remember that today is the beginning of the Dragon Lord giveaway. Get a free archetype this month, the Dragon Lord, which is a Fighter/Barbarian thing. It is a VIP giveaway, so... get a month of VIP.

Code:
Now through March 26th, 2024 all players can acquire the Dragon Lord archetype for FREE by visiting the dragon Xatheral in the Eberron Hall of Heroes! The Dragon Lord archetype will continue to be free to VIPs after March 26th, and available in the DDO Store as well. NOTE: VIPs must speak to Xatheral to claim the Dragon Lord from February 28th through March 26th. VIPs will be able to make a Dragon Lord after March 26th without speaking to Xetheral once the Year of the Dragon promotional period for Dragon Lord has ended.

Code:
[HEADING=2]Dragon Lord[/HEADING]

[LIST]
[*]New Fighter Archetype: Dragon Lord: Based on the Dragon Lord prestige class from 3.5e's Dragon Magic book, the Dragon Lord is a Fighter archetype that models their tactics after the ferocity of dragons to demoralize and subdue their enemies. They excel in crowd control, defense, and Draconic power.
[*]Class Trees:
[LIST]
[*]NEW: Dragon Lord
[*]Stalwart Defender
[*]NEW: Ravager
[LIST]
[*]This is a modified version of Barbarian's Ravager tree, which does not give or rely on Rage. You cannot spend points in both this tree and Barbarian's version of Ravager at the same time.
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[*]Class Features Dropped compared to a base Fighter:
[LIST]
[*]Kensei, Vanguard trees.
[*]Dragon Lords do not innately get Shield Proficiency. That said, you have Bonus Feats and could take Shield proficiency.
[*]Instead of a Fighter Bonus Feats at class level 1, 8, and 16, you take a Draconic Aura feat.
[/LIST]
[*]Class Features Gained vs. Base Fighter:
[LIST]
[*]Will Save Progression moves from "Poor" to "Good".
[/LIST]
[*]New Feats: Draconic Aura
[LIST]
[*]At levels 1, 8, and 16, Dragon Lords select a Draconic Aura Feat (instead of a Fighter Bonus Feat). You select one Basic Aura at level 1, one Secondary Aura at level 8, and one Tertiary Aura at level 16. These auras run constantly and simultaneously.
[*]It is intended that these Morale Bonuses do not stack with everything, especially low level spells - Upgrades in the Dragon Lord tree eventually help these exceed the bonuses of those spells. We do not intend to change this to a unique typing.
[*]Feats Available at DL 1: Basic Aura
[LIST]
[*]Nevalarich's Hunger: You and allies close to you get a +2 Morale Bonus to Attack Rolls.
[*]Aussircaex's Defiance: You and allies close to you get a +2 Morale Bonus to Saving Throws.
[*]Thraxata's Instinct: You and allies close to you get a +2 Morale Bonus to Tactical Feat DCs.
[/LIST]
[*]Feats Available at DL 8: Secondary Aura
[LIST]
[*]Velah's Fury: You and allies close to you get a +3 Morale Bonus to Damage Rolls.
[*]Sinvala's Toughness: You and allies close to you get a +3 Morale Bonus to PRR.
[*]Eternity's Ward: You and allies close to you get a +3 Morale Bonus to MRR.
[/LIST]
[*]Feats Available at DL 16: Tertiary Aura
[LIST]
[*]The Truthful One's Might: You and allies close to you get a +4 Morale Bonus to Melee Power.
[*]Aurgloroasa's Ascended Wrath: You and allies close to you get a +4 Morale Bonus to Ranged Power.
[*]Kor Kaza's Forbidden Power: You and allies close to you get a +4 Morale Bonus to Universal Spell Power.
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[*]Unless specifically listed, assume the class is otherwise identical to Fighter.
[*]Ravager Tree
[LIST]
[*]This tree is identical to the Barbarian Ravager tree, with the following exceptions:
[LIST]
[*]All abilities that scale with Barbarian Level instead scale with Dragon Lord level.
[*]Dragon Lord Ravager's Max HP and Healing Amplification bonuses from Cores in the tree have been reduced by 50% to better balance with their access to Stalwart Defender.
[*]Core 1: Furious Rage: Does not require you to be Raging.
[*]Core 5: Subsiding Fury: Instead of triggering on Barbarian Rage, this triggers on using Second Wind.
[*]Tier 1: Barbarian Power Attack is renamed to not say barbarian.
[*]Tier 1: Hardy Rage is replaced with Extra Action Boost (+1/2/3).
[/LIST]
[*]General Ravager Changes in This Update
[LIST]
[*]These apply to both Barbarian and Dragon Lord Ravager:
[LIST]
[*]Ravager's Visage of Terror now has a DC of (1d20 + Intimidate Score).
[*]Ravager's Visage of Terror no longer requires Rage Charges.
[*]Cruel Cut now has a 6-second cooldown (was 30)
[*]Rank 3 of Cruel Cut now adds +1d6 of additional Constitution Damage for every 2 Character Levels you have
[*]Festering Wound now lists its Max Stack Size of 10, since it's now actually relevant
[*]Rank 3 of Festering Wound no longer adds Festering Wound stacks, but instead applies 3 stacks of Greater Festering Wound. Greater Festering Wound deals 1d6 Poison Damage plus an additional 1d6 Poison Damage for every 10 Character Levels you have per stack. This still scales with 200% Melee Power.
[*]Dismember has been changed to "When you use Cruel Cut, you gain +5 Melee Power for 10 seconds. In addition, targets hit by Cruel Cut take 6d4/6d6/6d8 Slashing damage which scales with 200% Melee Power and have their movement speed reduced by 50% for 5 seconds. Rank 3: Your Slashing Damage from Dismember increases by +1d8 for every 2 Character Levels you have.
[*]Pain Touch (Core 12) now adds +2 Intimidate in addition to its other effects.
[*]Subsiding Fury (Core 18) now adds +2 Intimidate in addition to its other effects.
[*]Visage of Terror (Core 20) now adds +2 Intimidate in addition to its other effects.
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[*]Dragon Lord Tree
[LIST]
[*]Cores
[LIST]
[*]Core 1: Soul of the Dragon: Multiselector:
[LIST]
[*]Pick a Draconic Soul to commune with, which will influence the rest of your power in this tree. Passive: You gain +1 to Tactical Feat DCs.
[LIST]
[*]Red (Fire)
[*]White (Cold)
[*]Blue (Electric)
[*]Black (Acid)
[*]Green (Poison)
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[*]Core 2: Draconic Arms:
[LIST]
[*]You gain an Imbue Toggle that adds 1d6 damage of the type you selected for your Draconic Soul to your Melee and Ranged Attacks. This damage scales with 200% of the higher of Melee and Ranged Power.
[*]Passive: The bonus of all of your Draconic Auras increases by 1.
[/LIST]
[*]Core 3: Reckless Devotion:
[LIST]
[*]Target Ally gains a Morale Bonus to Critical Confirmation and Critical Hit Damage equal to 1 + a quarter of your Dragon Lord level for 20 seconds. 40 second cooldown.
[*]Passive: +5 Melee and Ranged Power, +1 Imbue Die, +3 to Critical Hit Confirmation and Damage.
[/LIST]
[*]Core 4: Conqueror's Command:
[LIST]
[*]When you use Reckless Devotion, the power of your Draconic command grants that ally the effects of the Panacea spell, curing many afflictions and healing that ally for 1d6+2 Hit Points plus 1 per Dragon Lord level. This healing scales with 200% of Melee Power.
[*]Passive: +1 Imbue Die, and the bonus of all of your Draconic Auras increases by 1.
[/LIST]
[*]Core 5: Dragon's Defense
[LIST]
[*]While you have any Draconic Aura active, you and nearby allies gain a +3 Morale Bonus to Elemental Resistance for the element of your Draconic Soul and +5% Morale Bonus to Elemental Absorption of the element of your Draconic Soul.
[*]Passive: +10 Melee and Ranged Power, +1 Imbue Die.
[/LIST]
[*]Core 6: Sunder Soul: Target Sundered enemy must make a Will saving throw (DC 10 + Highest of STR and CHA mod + Sunder bonuses) or have their Soul sundered, killing them instantly. If an enemy is killed by this, nearby enemies have a chance to be Cowered for 6 seconds with no save.
[LIST]
[*]Passive: +2 Strength, +2 Charisma, +10 Melee and Ranged Power +2 Imbue Dice, and the bonus of all of your Draconic Auras increases by 2.
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[*]Tier 1
[LIST]
[*]Dragon's Protection I: You gain +3 Resistance to the element you selected for your Draconic Soul.
[*]Battlefield Tactician I: +1 to Tactical Feat DCs.
[*]Unbreakable Will: +1/2/3 Will Saving Throws
[*]Skills: +1/2/3 to Intimidate, Jump, and Haggle. Rank 3: You gain +2 to Attack
[*]Martial Superiority: Multiselector:
[LIST]
[*]Deft Strikes: +3/6/10% Offhand Strike Chance (antirequisite: Shintao/Sacred Fist deft strikes)
[*]Improved Second Strikes: +5/10/20% Strikethrough (antirequisite: Knight of the Chalice improved second strikes)
[*]Strike Twice: +1/2/3% Doublestrike
[*]Shoot Twice: +1/2/3% Doubleshot
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[*]Tier 2
[LIST]
[*]Dragon's Protection II: You gain +3 Resistance to the element you selected for your Draconic Soul.
[*]Battlefield Tactician II: +1 to Tactical Feat DCs.
[*]Draconic Resilience: +2/4/6 Natural Armor
[*]Action Boost: Multiselector:
[LIST]
[*]Action Boost: Tactics: For 20 seconds, gain +3/6/9 Action Boost bonus to Sunder, Trip, and Stun DCs
[*]Action Boost: Haste: Activate to gain +10%/+20%/+30% Action Boost bonus to attack speed for 20 seconds.
[/LIST]
[*]Dragonslayer: You gain Favored Enemy: Dragon
[/LIST]
[*]Tier 3
[LIST]
[*]Dragon's Protection III: You gain +3 Resistance and 5% Absorption to the element you selected for your Draconic Soul.
[*]Battlefield Tactician III: +1 to Tactical Feat DCs and Breath Weapon DCs. When you attack with Trip or Sunder (or their Improved variants), you deal 1d4 additional damage per Character Level of the Element you selected for your Draconic Soul. This damage scales with 200% Melee or Ranged Power.
[*]Dragon's Roar: Tactical Feat: Enemies in a cone ahead of you must make a Will Saving Throw (DC 10 + Highest of STR and CHA mod + Stunning bonuses + Breath Weapon DC Bonuses) or be Dazed for 6 seconds. Affected enemies have a 25% chance to be broken out of the Daze on damage. 20 second cooldown.
[LIST]
[*](Also note: This is a Tactical Feat, but you DON'T make an attack as part of this. No damage. Ranged-user friendly.)
[/LIST]
[*]Trance: Multiselector:
[LIST]
[*]Might in Order: (Cannot be used while Raging) Battle Trance: You gain an Insight bonus to Attack, Damage and the DC of tactical feats equal to 1/2 of your Strength modifier for 30/60/120 seconds. Each time you successfully use Trip, Sunder, Stunning Blow, or Dragon's Roar (or their Improved variants), you have a chance to restore 1 charge.
[*]Draconic Conviction: (No restrictions) Battle Trance: You gain an Insight bonus to Attack, Damage and the DC of tactical feats equal to 1/2 of your Charisma modifier for 30/60/120 seconds. Each time you successfully use Trip, Sunder, Stunning Blow, or Dragon's Roar (or their Improved variants), you have a chance to restore 1 charge.
[/LIST]
[*]Ability Score: Multiselector
[LIST]
[*]STR
[*]CHA
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[*]Tier 4
[LIST]
[*]Dragon's Protection IV: You gain +3 Resistance and 5% Absorption to the element you selected for your Draconic Soul.
[*]Battlefield Tactician IV: +1 to Tactical Feat DCs and Breath Weapon DCs. When you Sunder enemies, it makes them vulnerable to the element of your Draconic Soul for 10 seconds. Additionally, if you successfully Sunder (or Improved Sunder) a target under the effects of Trip (or Improved Trip), that target takes an additional 1d6 damage per Character Level of the Element you selected for your Draconic Soul. This damage scales with 200% Melee or Ranged Power.
[*]Untouchable Soul: You have Displacement, giving opponents a 50% chance to miss you due to concealment. This cannot be dispelled.
[*]Lead the Charge: Melee Rush Attack: Rush forward up to 30 feet to your selected opponent and deliver a +20%/30%/50%[W] strike. 12 second cooldown. Shares cooldown with Shield Charge. Note: This works with any melee weapon, and not just a shield.
[LIST]
[*](This is identical to the KOTC one, though slightly higher up).
[/LIST]
[*]Ability Score: Multiselector
[LIST]
[*]STR
[*]CHA
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[*]Tier 5
[LIST]
[*]Soul Scales: You gain +15 Magical Resistance Rating. +25% Competence Bonus to Max HP, and you have a 5% chance to ignore damage of the element you selected for your Draconic Soul.
[*]Tactical Commander: The cooldowns of your Trip, Sunder, Stunning Blow, and Dragon's Roar (and their Improved versions) are reduced by 33%.
[*]Improved Dragon's Roar: Your Dragon's Roar now Cowers enemies instead of Dazing them. In addition, when you use Dragon's Roar, you gain a +20% Morale bonus to damage vs. Helpless targets for 20 seconds.
[*]Flight of Kings: "Memories of flight lie within you. You are able to leap through the air to bring the fight to your enemies or traverse chasms that make normal adventure balk. Cooldown: 15 Seconds. When you use Flight of Kings, you gain a +20% Action Boost bonus to movement speed for 6 seconds.
[*]Conqueror: +1/2 Competence Bonus to Critical Multiplier with All Weapons.
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[*]Past Life: You were a Dragon Lord in a past life. Others find you strangely compelling when you speak or take to the battlefield. Each time you acquire this feat you gain +1 Damage with Melee Weapons and +1 Breath Weapon DC. This feat can be stacked up to three times.
[*]
[/LIST]

Good chance I have to pull a very long day at work Friday. Might manage to make the session, but unlikely. Don't think my little toaster arty can solo VoN elite so I'll have to dump y'all on the epics for a week.

Where are we at level wise on the epics? I've got an evil ranger needing her legs stretched, but I'm only level 20; I doubt I'll have time to get much further before Friday.

Rhogu from the last group is 24. I think he was a level behind the majority. That said, I expect that group has at least partially disappeared. Corwin's druid and Alrik's trap monkey might be the only other ones still parked at level. It will probably end up catch-as-catch-can. You were on a FvS bard that could color spray decently (we had traded roles from the prior group where you had the barby and I sprayed everything). JM was a trap monkey assassin, Peter was on a fire sorc with a surprisingly effective mass charm monster, and I think CM was running a pally.

edit- I jumped on Rhogu for a moment and noticed that the uber-heal in exalted angel is gone. Boooo.
edit2- think you had a bard, not a FvS

Last edited:
The Anniversary Event is also on, means that we could get additional xp via that.

Besides : VON2 = The Sorceress, right ?
The flaw in your logic is when you say we're rushing. We're just playing. That happens to be at a higher pace than you seem to favor, but it doesn't mean we're running a race.
Well, it often looks to me like a race, I'm sorry for that.

Regarding Epics ... I need to sort that out. I have a few in Epics. Not many, but a few.

All epic toons have to make a trip to the fate spinner, go in junction of spheres, then go to the arcane sphere and claim the new destiny. Have to do that on all your epic toons. You will have to re-spend your destiny points so plan on it taking some time.

Last edited:
Rhogu from the last group is 24. I think he was a level behind the majority. That said, I expect that group has at least partially disappeared. Corwin's druid and Alrik's trap monkey might be the only other ones still parked at level. It will probably end up catch-as-catch-can. You were on a FvS bard that could color spray decently (we had traded roles from the prior group where you had the barby and I sprayed everything). JM was a trap monkey assassin, Peter was on a fire sorc with a surprisingly effective mass charm monster, and I think CM was running a pally.

edit- I jumped on Rhogu for a moment and noticed that the uber-heal in exalted angel is gone. Boooo.
edit2- think you had a bard, not a FvS
Yep, I had a Stormsinger. I was thinking of bringing out the Vistani Hunter build though; but she's a bit squishy due to a lack of medium armor in my collection (or at least that I can find). Being 2-4 levels behind won't help her survivability much though, but she does have pretty meh DPS at least. Debating bringing her around as a Vistani Dragon Lord as well, but I have to look at the new tree, see if I actually want to.

Build plan for tomorrow is going completely to shit so I might make our session after all. We'll see. Corwin's druid is probably still at 20 since the whole reason we ran up to 24 was because he was out of pocket for a month, so that group (assuming there's much of it left) is going to have a lot of spread anyway.

Alrik, yes VoN2 is the sorceress with the 3 beholders and maze.

Az, take a peek at epifying the Deneith Heavy Chain out of Sentinels. Not too hard to get if you don't have 4 copies already laying around, generally plenty of mats to do the epify, and the result is pretty solid.

Got VON2.

Build plan for tomorrow is going completely to shit so I might make our session after all. We'll see. Corwin's druid is probably still at 20 since the whole reason we ran up to 24 was because he was out of pocket for a month, so that group (assuming there's much of it left) is going to have a lot of spread anyway.

Alrik, yes VoN2 is the sorceress with the 3 beholders and maze.

Az, take a peek at epifying the Deneith Heavy Chain out of Sentinels. Not too hard to get if you don't have 4 copies already laying around, generally plenty of mats to do the epify, and the result is pretty solid.
Well, that'd be great except I don't have either. :p Guess I gotta actually run the Sentinels chain for a change.

Bank storage is once again on sale.

Sales: February 29th - March 7th​

Get the latest sales here!​

Double Bonus Points is back!
Get twice the Bonus Points in the DDO Store through March 10th!
Otto's Boxes have returned!
Find Heroic, Epic, and Improved Epic Otto's Boxes in the DDO Store through March 10th!
Store More Loot! Get 20% off:
Select Character Banks
Select Shared Banks, Deposit Box space, and Plat Storage
Select Inventory Space
Select Bags
Now through March 7th!
Weekly Coupon
Free Enchanted Repair-All Kit
Coupon Code: REPAIRALLITEMS
Now through March 7th!
LOL, in another game I play, "March, 7th" is actually the name of a character, because she was removed from ice that day ...

Last edited:
Update from last night-
Everyone has 12 now, take it. We'll do raid week next: Tempest Spine and VON. I've got one side job in mind and then we'll roll into Barovia. I'm trying to avoid the Desert this life, but that leaves us painfully thin at 11 as Barovia2 is only a couple ranks at best. Tempting to add in Necro3, but...ummm...yeah.