pibbuR who informs the watch that this is about football. Proper football. Not the American travesty which doesn't need any type of intelligence.

pibbuR who now will spend an undisclosed time hiding.

"The method trains AI systems to think before they respond to prompts, just as many a few people consider what we should say next before we speak". (edited by me).

pibbur who is comforted by CodeProject: "Monday. I have decided not to kill them all. Yet."

I don't know if scams promoted during Google search has increased after the Search Generative Experience' algorithms, but "Google's SGE is recommending spammy and malicious sites within its conversational responses, making it easier for users to fall for scams."

Again, I suppose we (watchers, at least to some degree computer literate) aren't very likely to be fooled, but the target are of course those who are.

One thing puzzles me: "In BleepingComputer's tests, the redirects most commonly lead you to fake captchas or YouTube sites that try to trick the visitor into subscribing to browser notifications."

Occasionally I get pop ups on web sites saying they would like to notify me of things, Yes or No (even the watch has done that). I've always said no, I don't see the use of notifications. If I want to know more about something, I go on my own initiative to places where I can find it. I don't need to be pushed. So why do people say yes?

One question: Are search engines(?) like DuckDuckGo also affected by this?

pibbuR who now forces the watchers to know that he's a 69 year old Norwegian, and made a size 220 herbarium at high school.

Degenerative AI?

[...] “One surprising finding was the role of sensitivity to rewards,” Abbas told PsyPost. “Contrary to expectations, students who were more sensitive to rewards were less likely to use generative AI. Another surprising finding was the positive relationship of generative AI usage with procrastination and self-reported memory loss – and negative relationship between generative AI usage and academic performance.” [...]

I'll ask ChatGPT a summary (tomorrow).

"The [Belgian] ale family has long been a favorite of connoisseurs worldwide, yet one group of scientists decided it could be brewed better with the assistance of machine learning."

pibbuR who suggests calling this AI (barefooted) "Kwak". And who will be very disappointed if he doesn't get some kind of like from the red glyph.

pibbuR who always, admittedly to some degree influenced by (lack of?) skill, paints what he tells himself to paint.

The mechanical Turk was a robot playing chess, developed in 1770. Apparently it was very good at it as well.

Some of you may remember that back then computers were very slow, and definitely not with future-proof architecture. So, no surprise, it turned to be run by a natural intelligence rather than an artificial one, and is in general regarded as a hoax.

Now I'm tempted to employ Occam's razor. Since we know humans can perform intelligent operations, the simplest and therefore most likely explanation for the current AI boom is that in truth there are humans (probably more than one) operating it.

pibbuR who now is relieved.

Last edited:
Now I'm tempted to employ Occam's razor. Since we know humans can perform intelligent operations, the simplest and therefore most likely explanation for the current AI boom is that in truth there are humans (probably more than one) operating it.

pibbuR who now is relieved.
You reassure me; I thought I was the only one thinking that. I mean, it's obvious when you know all the people we can pay a few cent to solve captcha (check 20 - work as a captcha solver). They've only evolved to other tasks, like 'draw me a smiling Mona Lisa' or 'make a deepfake video of Musk fighting Zuckerberg'.

Let's found the Generative Ai Sceptical Party - or GASP, which should be the natural reaction after hearing about all this AI nonsense. ;)