HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The vampire RPG V Rising has been released:

V Rising - Launch Trailer

Awaken as a Vampire. Hunt for blood in nearby settlements to regain your strength and evade the scorching sun to survive. Raise your castle and thrive in an ever-changing, open world full of mystery. Gain allies online and conquer the land of the living.
More information.

Looks interesting but I feel like I read this name used on another game?

Haven't heard about the name, though it doesn't affect the quality of the game in any case. I've had this one in my list pending the full release, I'll be sure to try it over the weekend, it looks pretty good.

I've been following this and it's been in EA for a while. It already has a bunch of DLC - Sinister Evolution, Dracula's Relics Pack, Founders Pack, Legacy of Castlevania Premium Pack.

Mostly positive reviews. I've read some and watched videos as it looks fun.

I don't like the castle decay mechanic, as it sort of pushes you to get online and play, but you can disable it on a private server. I forget at the moment but I think its a bit like Conan Exiles in that you could set it up to just run on your local PC privately and adjust rules as needed.

However, like other games like this, I don't think it's as much fun to play solo although depends on the person. I'm not an MMO gamer these days so for now its not in my plans to purchase. I got plenty of games to play as it is.

I’ve been following this one for a while and really like everything I’m seeing and hearing. But the concept of being a bad-guy vampire who feeds on villagers doesn’t appeal to me very much and has stopped me from purchasing it. I guess I’m too attached to being the good guy.

However, like other games like this, I don't think it's as much fun to play solo although depends on the person. I'm not an MMO gamer these days so for now its not in my plans to purchase. I got plenty of games to play as it is.
Yeah I think the game shines in multiplaye content, both cooperative and PvP, for people who enjoy that kind of thing. Even better if you can play it in a private server and people you know than random people who are prone to toxicity and griefing.

As a single player, it's probably still fun, but you're missing out on its full potential.

Hmm...seems it was another game called Vampire Survivors that I was thinking of.