I spent tonight playing the demo for Swordhaven. It's pretty good even if I find the combat a bit bland. I still feel like I'm constantly fighting the camera though.

Started Diablo 4 to see what the fuss is about, some good looking chars at the creation menu, went with the sorcerer. And as expected when i went to see some artwork on the steam page, already some 18+ with Lilith getting fucked :LOL:
Ps the game is now playable on battle net through pc game pass.

Well, the Steam community is so full of trolls, it doesn't surprise me. The mentality of some groups hasn't really evolved much since the Roman republic, sadly.

I've kind of hit a lowpoint in HZD and I think I realized something. While fighting the creatures is fun, fighting humans is absolutely the worst.
There's usually loads of them in camps, and this coupled with the high detection rates they have on this difficulty is just a pain in the ass.
And there's really nothing too interesting to do when fighting them. Maneuverability is barely helpful, since most use ranged weapons.

EDIT: it could also be that I had a rotten week at work, and probably am too tired.

I've kind of hit a lowpoint in HZD and I think I realized something. While fighting the creatures is fun, fighting humans is absolutely the worst.
There's usually loads of them in camps, and this coupled with the high detection rates they have on this difficulty is just a pain in the ass.
And there's really nothing too interesting to do when fighting them. Maneuverability is barely helpful, since most use ranged weapons.

EDIT: it could also be that I had a rotten week at work, and probably am too tired.
Try lowering the difficulty a notch. I played HZD on Hard and felt it was just about perfect. Imo, Very Hard simply becomes tedious after awhile.

Try lowering the difficulty a notch. I played HZD on Hard and felt it was just about perfect. Imo, Very Hard simply becomes tedious after awhile.
I ended up uninstalling it, kept away for 2h, and then reinstalled it. And cleared the camp easily by giving up on stealth, and just using my bow. Somehow it was very easy this time.
I also got the sharshot bow that has those electric shots that explode after a few seconds. Those are amazingly fun, since they knock robots to the ground and then I can just swipe in and stab them to death. But they cost resources. That's probably the most annoying thing about the game. That most of the fun ammo costs resources that you need to grind for :(

Also, not sure what the hell is wrong with the weather in my game. I feel like 70% of the time I'm always in either foggy or stormy weather and can't see shit.

Last edited:
Finished Pentiment on Nintendo Switch (still a wonderful game, basically identical in look & feel), and working through Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 ... I actually never played it before, and barely got started after buying it late last year when it launched. Having a blast - it is pretty linear and I hate constantly getting overloaded with loot, but it is fun stuff.

I'm replaying Fell Seal, I never did play with the additional content so I'm starting all over and playing from scratch. It's been a little over three years since my first run in the game concluded and after only two battles so far I'm totally in it all over again!

For some reason I'm just not feeling it with HZD. Not sure if it's another bad at work (this was probably the week from hell), but I'm considering jumping onto something else.
I think the story and the side quests and characters are just not doing it for me. The world is beautiful and the combat is decent, but I'm just maybe in the mood for something more story focused.

These are the ones I'm considering
Aliens - Dark Descent
Baldur's Gate 3
Witcher 3 (never played Blood and Wine, but am kind of dreading the whole thing until getting there)
CP2077 (I'm actually thinking about another playthrough, with a stealth melee build; enjoyed myself so much the first time)
Returnal
Prey (the rpg)
Pillars of Eternity 1/2
Pathfinder 1/2
Mass Effect 1/2/3
Kingdom Come - Deliverance

Any strong recommendations?

EDIT: Maybe I'm just burned out and need a long break. I don't know.

Last edited:
I also hit a hard burnout with HZD, just too many points of interest highlighting in the map that give you a massively overwhelming check list of redundant tasks to do. Those kind of games (like Assassin's Creed or, to certain degree, Bethesda games) always end up the same way for me, despite enjoying them for the first 30-40 hours.

On your list, all of those are great games, and you can't go wrong with about anything you play in that list, but to me the clear Dark Horse is Returnal. I never expected much from it, and I spent over 80 hours playing it, having a blast as I unveiled the thrilling story that is told in the game as you play it. That's even though I'm not a fan of shooters (or games that essentially play like a shooter).

If you're itching for something different, I'd recommend it.

For some reason I'm just not feeling it with HZD. Not sure if it's another bad at work (this was probably the week from hell), but I'm considering jumping onto something else.
I think the story and the side quests and characters are just not doing it for me. The world is beautiful and the combat is decent, but I'm just maybe in the mood for something more story focused.

These are the ones I'm considering
Aliens - Dark Descent
Baldur's Gate 3
Witcher 3 (never played Blood and Wine, but am kind of dreading the whole thing until getting there)
CP2077 (I'm actually thinking about another playthrough, with a stealth melee build; enjoyed myself so much the first time)
Returnal
Prey (the rpg)
Pillars of Eternity 1/2
Pathfinder 1/2
Mass Effect 1/2/3
Kingdom Come - Deliverance

Any strong recommendations?

EDIT: Maybe I'm just burned out and need a long break. I don't know.
Isn't that due to playing at the highest difficulty level? I'd say lower the level or take a short break (though I don't know how many hours/week you play). Playing high difficulty if you are super-busy at work doesn't sound like a great recipe. ;)

Otherwise, if you haven't played them yet, definitely try Prey or KCD.

Isn't that due to playing at the highest difficulty level? I'd say lower the level or take a short break (though I don't know how many hours/week you play). Playing high difficulty if you are super-busy at work doesn't sound like a great recipe. ;)

Otherwise, if you haven't played them yet, definitely try Prey or KCD.
Not sure it's the difficulty, though it probably does have some effect.
With HZD I found myself dealing with a few quests, some that seemed to be more long-winded (they sent me pretty deep into new territory) and so I also took the opportunity to explore the wild lands. And by the time I got to those NPCs, they made remarks and referred to NPCs that sent me here, by name, and since I had multiple quests ongoing, I could not remember what I was even doing and who the person they referred to by name was. That kind of killed it, as I suddenly felt I was just going through the motions.

The difficulty was definitely not helping at this point, since I seem to find less and less grass to hide in. And I've gotten into scrapes with one Sawtooth that just demolished me. And then into a pack of 4 scrapers, that seemed to be much high in level than the previous ones, and they also took me to the cleaners.

I can't imagine playing through Horizon games entirely using stealth. Far too slow and (to me) dull. The game obviously includes stealth mechanics, but the combat is primarily based around blowing off body parts. There are a ton of quests (and crafting in general) that involve doing that.

I'm playing Dragon's Dogma 2 - I'm 14 hours in but I think half of that time was spent on re-doing my Arisen and Pawn's face lol. My main focus in this game is fashion hunting :D

My Arisen:
20240330124902_1.jpg
Hubby's Pawn on left and my Pawn on right
20240330132653_1.jpg
Outdoor shot:
20240330142354_1.jpg

Just floundering on what to play, so I started Alone in the Dark, the remake that just came out.
It's seems pretty good, though there are parts where it shows the studio that handled this isn't the most experienced.
The worst is absolutely the performance. There's moments where it's almost unplayable. They've got some serious issues with it.

I played through one of the original Alone in the Dark games, namely The New Nightmare, and I very much liked the atmosphere.
Though I remember using a game guide for a lot of it. And I barely remember anything about the story.

I might just have to put gaming on pause if I just can't find the spark in anything.

Just floundering on what to play, so I started Alone in the Dark, the remake that just came out.
It's seems pretty good, though there are parts where it shows the studio that handled this isn't the most experienced.
The worst is absolutely the performance. There's moments where it's almost unplayable. They've got some serious issues with it.

I played through one of the original Alone in the Dark games, namely The New Nightmare, and I very much liked the atmosphere.
Though I remember using a game guide for a lot of it. And I barely remember anything about the story.

I might just have to put gaming on pause if I just can't find the spark in anything.
Future Press should finally ship their anniversary DS Trilogy Compendium, so you'll get it very soon if you haven't already. You could replay one of those. :)

Future Press should finally ship their anniversary DS Trilogy Compendium, so you'll get it very soon if you haven't already. You could replay one of those. :)
Yeah, I got the notice too. And it might already be on the way, apparently. Either that or the Baldur's Gate 3 physical edition.
But related to that, I'm probably a long way until I replay the DS games. I'm currently saving that bandwidth for when Elden Ring's expansion lands.

Currently I'm giving it one last shot, with Kingdom Come - Deliverance.

I can't imagine playing through Horizon games entirely using stealth. Far too slow and (to me) dull. The game obviously includes stealth mechanics, but the combat is primarily based around blowing off body parts. There are a ton of quests (and crafting in general) that involve doing that.
I like using stealth as long as possible when attacking bandit camps, to make it less dull. I try to take the first people out with stealth or with the sharpshot bow, then I start to make them confused and panicked, and finally I finish them up out of stealth.

But out there in the wild, I only used it when there's an opportunity or to avoid enemies.