Kickstarter - Shadow Remnants
Shorebound Studios wrote in about their Kickstarter for Shadow Remnants, a tactical turn-based fantasy RPG. The campaign is looking for $75k over the next 27 days. Here are some descriptive excerpts and the feature list:
Shadow Remnants is a turn-based tactical role-playing game for the PC. As you travel through the vast country of Avatia, you will battle against the tides of corruption to uncover an ancient power with a dreadful secret. Using the wide range of character classes at your disposal, assemble a band of followers to aid you in battle. Make your way to the very heart of corruption, crushing your foes with both magic and sheer physical might.
If you enjoyed Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea or other similar titles then you are not alone. The turn-based tactical RPG genre is a great one...so, why does it feel so neglected? We decided to create a game to reignite the excitement that these games brought us. We feel that infusing unique classes, non-linear talent trees, a crafting system, randomized encounters, epic boss battles, our soul fragment system, multiplayer and a lengthy single player campaign with dozens of side quests will make one awesome game.
- 13 unique classes which become available through a tree-style unlock system to allow maximum player customization and a wide range of party compositions
- 2 skill trees for each class, allowing for control over a specific character's focus
- A crafting system that allows you to use raw materials obtained in battle to forge new gear
- Turn-based combat on vibrant 3d battlefields where character skills, gear, timing and positioning all affect the outcome of a fight.
- Online multiplayer where you can take your party head-to-head against other players and compete for rare crafting materials and rankings
- Epic boss battles which will require every ounce of skill and strategy that you have at your disposal
- Soul Fragments drop at random when an enemy is slain. After you collect a certain amount, you will learn a new spell from the soul.
- A new and challenging gameplay mechanic that allows the player to directly influence the effectiveness of your abilities and spells by timing a charge meter. The closer the meter is to the critical zone, the more powerful the attack.
Information aboutKickstarter Games
Release: In development