Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
Age of Decadence - Third Update Available
by Myrthos, 2014-03-05 12:38:43
Iron Studios announce the availability of the third update for Age of Decadence with the following changes:
Places to go, People to see, Things to get:
- Changed the area around the temple in the Slums to make it look like a busy little bazaar. We added a new, rather colorful character who greets you when you enter this square and introduces the area.
- Added another character and his followers near the tower of Zamedi. He will provide a fresh perspective on the tower and share valuable insights with you.
- Added a new artefact (a mechanical eye). You can acquire it and, in the best traditions of the Planescape Torment, swap it for one of your own. The eye doesn’t shoot lasers (would be totally cool if you did though), but it can see into other planes, which makes it a rather useful thing to have ... in your eye socket.
- The hammer crowd complained that they don’t have a cool hammer, so we gave them … *drumroll* … the Perforator! It’s a handy spiked hammer with a unique icon.
- 3 journal pages (not the entire journal yet, but it’s a good start). Now in addition to Quests and Techniques, you get Lore (to collect what you learned from different people in one place), Items for all the Artefacts you managed to get your hands on, and Characters to keep track of people you double- and triple-crossed. The Characters page has only the portrait and the intro text for each character; the effect of your actions will be added in the upcoming updates. Overall, you get 17 Lore entries, 29 character entries, and 15 Artefact entries. There will be a lot more in the full game, obviously.
- Added several rare alchemy components in the tower’s library.
- The trial-by-combat is now more customer-oriented. You will be offered a crappy weapon of your choice and even a shield!
- Now you can fight Hamza in MG5 if you decide to go to the meeting alone. Aso, you can convince Strabos to tell you what he knows without having to fight Hamza in IG4. You can thank Brandon and his 'smart soldier' and 'tough trader' characters for this suggestion.
- Now you can handle TG5 peacefully by paying the assassins crew a visit and discussing the situation with them, which means that now you can play the entire thieves questline without having to fight.
- Now you can get the key to the tower of Zamedi as a Daratan praetor and thief (not only as a Gaelius’ faithful servant), which should make the game more open. We’ll extend this option to the assassins in the upcoming updates.
- The scroll in Feng's house increases Lore to level 2. If you have 2 or more, you get 5 non-combat skill points instead.
- The scroll in Antidas’ palace increases Etiquette to level 2. If you have 2 or more, you get 5 non-combat skill points instead.
- The workbench in the blacksmith house increases Crafting to level 2. If you have 2 or more, you get 5 non-combat points.
- Coltan either teaches you some Alchemy increasing it to level 2 or gives you a bunch of reagents plus a bottle of liquid fire, if you skill is 2 or more.
- In Belios house in Teron you get a couple of quicksilver roots instead of a flat Alchemy increase.
- The amount of money you can give to Reggie has been reduced to reflect the adjusted economy.
- Added money and reputation rewards for the Arena fights and rebalanced SP gains.
- Infiltrating the palace now awards some SP.
- Fixed miscellaneous issues, dialogue loops, camera angles, icons, and such.
Information aboutAge of Decadence