Too Human - Gone Gold
We've missed this throughout it's development but Silicon Knight's Too Human looks to be squarely in our coverage, so I'll toss this bit up and add it into the database at some point.
The X360-only action/RPG has apparently gone Gold with a release date of August 19th. Since we haven't covered it before, here is the feature set (does anyone know why the protagonist is named "Baldur"?):
- Thrilling action/RPG gameplay: The excitement of an action game is combined with the creative economy features and social experiences of a typical RPG. With a wide array of weapons, armors, cybernetic implants, and skills, players have an unprecedented level of customization with their characters.
- Explosive melee and firearms combat: It takes more than raw strength to supplant the machine hordes. Using a sophisticated blend of seamless melee and high-tech weapons combat, players have the power to vanquish foes near and far. Witness the fluid grace of heroes and enemies in battle as enacted by the acclaimed motion-capture group Full Action Stunt Team (FAST).
- Advanced cinematic presentation: Characters and environments come to life with amazing visual fidelity. Experience the full excitement of combat through a dynamically driven presentation system that portrays the combat with cinematic quality. Survive pulse-pounding battles against hordes of on-screen enemies. A sweeping orchestral score sets the mood for heartbreak, anger, and bloodlust as each tune encapsulates the gamer within the immersive gaming environment.
- Intuitive combat: Perform Baldur's elaborate and complex combat maneuvers, and chain together rapid-fire attacks and combos with ease. Through the use of an intuitive combat system, Too Human delivers gameplay that is easy to learn and rewarding to master.
- Shared experience: Conquer the world alone or with friends in advanced, online two-player co-op gameplay through the Xbox LIVE service. Online co-op play requires Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.
- Modern take on classical Norse mythology: In a world ruined by centuries of war, Too Human chronicles the epic story of Baldur, favored son of Odin and one of a group of humanity's protector, the Aesir. As Baldur, you must destroy the ancient war machines that threaten the world, but to do so you must balance your sense of duty and honor against your lust for revenge—perhaps even sacrificing your humanity in the process.
Information aboutToo Human
SP/MP: Single + MP
Platform: Xbox 360