Battlestar Galactica - final season

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Did anyone else catch Episode 1 last night?

All I can say is....WOW! It's hard to say anything else, as the entire episode was one incredible revelation after another. I'm not going to drop any spoilers though...

I couldn't even log on to the official forum at SciFi.com, it was apparently overloaded.

Episode 1? Do you mean 4.11?
We're at 4.09 here. I hope they don't take a break after the next episode.

Last edited:
Episode 1? Do you mean 4.11?
We're at 4.09 here. I hope they don't take a break after the next episode.

I mean the first episode of what they're calling "The Final Episodes" or Season 4.5.

Season 4 was aired over here last year, and consisted of 12 episodes. So the episode I just saw could be considered 4.13, although I think it's officially 4.5-1. Are they being aired on a weekly basis there Gorath?

Yes, season 4 started on pay TV in November or so. Free TV is only at ca. 3.03. That's a much bigger difference than the typical 6 months after pay TV.

IMDB says season 4 has 20 episodes. (Plus Razor)
They just made a break in the middle for some reason. Maybe the strike last year slowed the production down, or they thought they could wring more value out of it this way.
A TV movie is in production, directed by Edward James Olmos.

A TV movie is in production, directed by Edward James Olmos.

Plus another TV series, a prequel to the events in BSG, is also in production. Named Caprica, it's supposed to be about the struggle of two major families, the Adamas and the Graystones, set 50 years before BSG. Too bad they won't be using the cast from BSG.

Last edited:
I didn't take that one seriously. Sounds like Dallas. ;)

IMDB says season 4 has 20 episodes. (Plus Razor)
They just made a break in the middle for some reason. .

That is correct, there are actually 22 episodes total. Episodes 1-12 (Razor listed as being #1 and #2) are Season 4.0, Episodes 13-22 are Season 4.5. Details - Season 2 was also split in a similar manner.

They make you pay extra to watch certain shows over there??

They make you pay extra to watch certain shows over there??
Well... there are free TV channels and TV channels you can subscribe to. If you do subscribe to a pay TV channel, you must, well, pay for the subscription. Then there are some pay-per-view channels as well so you won't have to run to the video store if you're too lazy. I thought it was pretty much the same over there?

BSG is on free TV (older seasons) and on pay TV (new season). If you don't want to pay to see the new season of BSG (and the other 500 billion shows on that channel), you'll have to wait for the free TV channels to air it.

Well... there are free TV channels and TV channels you can subscribe to. If you do subscribe to a pay TV channel, you must, well, pay for the subscription. Then there are some pay-per-view channels as well so you won't have to run to the video store if you're too lazy. I thought it was pretty much the same over there?.

Well over here you either have cable or you don't. Basic cable is a set fee that depends on the provider (different providers for different regions). All the basic cable channels come in a package, we don't pay for them individually. Then there are a few movie channels: HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, etc, that show mostly movies, although they have a few original series as well. Those are an additional fee.

Sci Fi channel is included in any basic cable package over here.

That is MAJOR spoiler material there!!!

Gorath, Jaz, or anyone else who has not seen BSG up to that point, do NOT view what he posted.

Heh, the warning is justified. There's some serious stuff going on. Of course, first thing I did was read the spoiler, and then read up the rest in one of the online Episode guides :). I like spoilers.

They just made a break in the middle for some reason. Maybe the strike last year slowed the production down, or they thought they could wring more value out of it this way.

Indeed, £23 for a mere dozen or so episodes on the box set! I was robbed.

It was a really excellent show-ep. 1. For those who have watched most of this series, some spoilered questions follow:
I have to read/watch up on the shows I missed. But, does anyone know what was/is going happening on Earth, more then what the show revealed? How could the Battlestar crew be the same that perished in the apocalypse 2000 yrs.before? Are they Cylons, or clones?
How are they psychically experiencing 2000 yr. old memories that are being triggered in spots where the memories happened? Have psychic phenomena occured on the show before? (I missed that if it did).
Haha these are just some ques. I have floating around...

Indeed, £23 for a mere dozen or so episodes on the box set! I was robbed.
As far as I know, all series that were airing at the time of the writers' strike only had half the usual amount of episodes in that season.

It was a really excellent show-ep. 1. For those who have watched most of this series, some spoilered questions follow:
I have to read/watch up on the shows I missed. But, does anyone know what was/is going happening on Earth, more then what the show revealed? How could the Battlestar crew be the same that perished in the apocalypse 2000 yrs.before? Are they Cylons, or clones?
How are they psychically experiencing 2000 yr. old memories that are being triggered in spots where the memories happened? Have psychic phenomena occured on the show before? (I missed that if it did).
Haha these are just some ques. I have floating around...

They just arrived there at the end of the previous episode, so no, nothing has really been explained yet. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out in the following episodes. Perhaps that planet really isn't Earth?

Show last episode and I have to say that it was one of the best in the whole series.
BTW probably the best sci-fi show ever besides Firefly of course. ;)

Well it's over, the final episode just aired over here. :'( I have mixed feelings about how it all ended, but it doesn't change the way that I'll remember the show.

Overall the most powerful Sci-fi series I've ever seen, and an experience I'll never forget.

Over? Vhoa, please spoil me! :)

Saw the final episode myself. I liked the way it ended. Now I'm waiting for the second movie set in the BSG universe. The Plan is supposed to explore what happened during the first 2 seasons of BSG, but from the perspective of the Cylons.
I liked the circularity of it all.
And did anyone catch the appearance of Ronald D. Moore, series developer, during the last few minutes of the episode?

Back
Top Bottom