Solasta: Crown of the Magister
Solasta: Crown of the Magister Review
Forgottenlor had a look at Solasta: Crown of the Magister, spotted some shortcomings, but still enjoyed the game quite a bit
» Continue reading the article...
Farflame reached out to Rat Tower Software to talk about their game Monomyth, currently being Kickstarted
» Read the article
Some other action genre
You forgot this one..
Forum WatchBioSynth: Rising - Turn-based Sci-fi RPG by Couchpotato
What are you reading ? by khaight
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help by Nereida
The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread by Arhu
Prometheus Wept: The new turn based RPG from the developer of Vigilantes by Timeslip
Saturday - September 18, 2021
Prometheus WeptSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Guild Wars 2SP/MP: Massive
Solasta - Trading Cards & Discount
Solasta features Steam trading cards now and can be bought ona discount:
Steam Trading Cards are out & 35% Discount on Solasta!
Heya you lovely folks!
We're still some way until our next update, but in the meantime we're putting out Steam Cards for y'all! But before that, we're going to treat you with another feline picture - two in one week, that's crazy!
35% Discount - Time to grab a copy!
It's time for some week-end sales! If you had some friends on the fence about Solasta, now's the time to tell them about it! The 35% discount is running this week-end and ends on Monday 20th at 10 am PST / 1 pm EST / 7 pm CEST. Also slightly unrelated, but we're seeing some people asking about the Mac version - don't worry, we haven't forgotten about it! We're still working on it, and we'll inform you as soon as we have a date.
Steam Trading Cards, woooooh
That's right folks, Solasta's getting some Steam Trading Cards! We wanted to do that at launch, buuuuut you all know how busy that can be, especially for a team that have less than 20 people. So, we're fixing that right now! Actually, they've been out for a few hours already, so you might have noticed them popping in your Steam inventory.
Alright folks, this is the end for today! Take care, and enjoy hunting for them Steam Trading Cards! Also, check out our Forums and our Discord Server to chat with other players
Article by Tactical Myzzrym
Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - Update
The tactical RPG Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children got an update:
We beg to inform you that the game contents update and system maintenance.
During the maintenance, gamers who use Online mode can't play the game. Please exit the game in a safe place within the game if possible before the maintenance begins.
During the maintenance, gamers who use Offline mode can play the game.
Daylight saving time is not applied.
Date: September 17th, 2021
Friday 11:00 ~ 13:00 CET
Friday 18:00 ~ 20:00 JST
Friday 02:00 ~ 04:00 PST
Friday 09:00 ~ 11:00 UTC
Added a new scenario mission "The Communion of Heart with Heart".
Added a function that copies mastery information to the clip-board and paste it to other mastery board on the "Mastery Board".
- This function has been developed for easy sharing of mastery information.
Added the "Show Module List" menu on the office and Shooter Street menu list.
Added a food list that you've found already on the food UI.
Added an additional alarm mark that describes an event with a specific NPC other than quests.
Added a BGM that is played when you encounter a boss.
Added recipies of "Flash Pen" and "Pen Camera" that can be acquired by completing the quest from Dimitri.
- You can buy them on the Valkylie Shop of the Maximillion's Junk Shop
You can turn the Playing-conversation-automatically function off using X key.
Added Steam achivements.
- Telepathic Communication
- It's a Good Time to Escape
Changed the item that you acquired at least once to be registered on the Transmog list.
- It is also registered on the Transmog list when a new craft recipe is unlocked.
- Unique items that you once acquired will be registered to the list after this update.
Changed the responsive attack like "Pincer Movement" or "Cover" not to use item abilities.
Changed the "Press Any Keys" situation not to responsive to F12 and Print Screen keys
Changed the default value of "Show Dialogues When a Character Talks" to "Use".
Changed some UI.
- The dev team knows that changing the UI could cause inconvenience for those whom were already used to it. But for the better visibility, we decided it is inevitable.
We ask for your understanding that we cannot maintain the form of the existing UI because there are changes not only in the external part but also in the internal system. If you have any ideas about newly updated UI, please let the development team know whatever it is.
Fixed a bug that the counterattack hadn't been activated when an unit revivied from Out of Action while it was in moving.
Fixed a bug that "Red Panda Style 1st Form - Red Panda Kick" and "Body Blow" hadn't been strengthened by "A Million Years of Training" or "Endless Training".
Fixed a bug that an unit used only one ability when the unit tried to "Cover" and "Pincer Movement".
Fixed a bug that responsive attack used by designating land in a specific condition hadn't been activated.
Fixed a bug that the Battle Fog hadn't been applied properly when a player restart a mission.
Troubleshooter: Abandoned ChildrenSP/MP: Single-player
Gamedec - Virtual Worlds and Deduction Gameplay Overview
Fextralife gives an overview of the main features of Gamedec.
Gamedec Cyberpunk CRPG: Should You Play? Virtual Worlds and Deduction Gameplay Features Overview
Gamedec Cyberpunk CRPG: Should You Play? Virtuals Worlds and Deduction Gameplay Features Overview. The isometric cyberpunk detective game Gamedec just released, so we’re taking a look at what makes this game uniquely interesting, from its deduction gameplay to its different virtual worlds. Before we jump into the best parts of this game, let’s talk about Gamedec and what it is.
This is a sponsored post. Please note sponsored posts are only sponsoring coverage our opinions on the game are our own and not affected by any business relationships with developers or publishers.
- 0:00 - Gamedec Overview
- 0:23 - What is Gamedec?
- 2:04 - Gamedec Gameplay
- 3:39 - Character Customization
- 4:32 - Gamedec Virtual Worlds
- 6:05 - Final Thoughts
Kickstarter Games - The End of Scarlet Republics
@vanedor has spotted that the Scarlet Republics project had ended, unfortunately failing for multiple reasons detailed in their last update.
Scarlet Republics was a renaissance-inspired tactical RPG, which had a very successful campaign. It reached its goal on October 1st, 2020, with 46523 EUR pledged of an initial 10000 EUR goal.
The End of Scarlet Republics
We have failed...
Now it is time to talk about it.
We have given it our best, tried everything to push through our obstacles and challenges. Despite our best efforts, we have run out of energy and money to sustain Audacity Interactive and the development of Scarlet Republics.
We faced many challenges along the way, and those challenges wore us down slowly. We have to look reality in the eye: we have run out of steam. Also, it has taken a toll on our health, with several members having symptoms of stress and experiencing burnout.
Here is what happened on the inside.
Demo and Other Assets
We will make the latest playable demo of Scarlet Republics available to download. We will also look into potentially releasing other content, such as the game code, the writing, audio and visual assets. If it's feasible with proprietary third-party licenses, hosting, and the like.
Here are some of the lessons we take away from this experience.
- Creating and running your first startup business is HARD. It is really hard. There are so many things you don't know, and we made so many mistakes.
- We started out way too big, we would have been much better off with a smaller scope of the game.
- We pushed forward with a strong, and sometimes blind, optimism. It is important to not let that optimism drive you past a sustainable state of operation. You can't force things.
Kickstarter GamesSP/MP: Unknown
Release: In development
Friday - September 17, 2021
Jagged Alliance 3 - Announced
Jagged Alliance 3 is back:
Jagged Alliance 3 - Announcement Trailerloading...
A true successor to a beloved franchise - Jagged Alliance 3 is coming soon to PC.
Grand Chien, a nation of rich natural resources and deep political divides, is thrown into chaos when the elected president goes missing and a paramilitary force known as “The Legion” seizes control of the countryside.
In Jagged Alliance 3, select from a huge cast of mercenaries, all with their own unique personalities, quirks, and backstories to find the President and bring order back to the country.loading...
Jagged Alliance 3SP/MP: Unknown
Release: In development
ELEX 2SP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Colony Ship - Major Update & New Location
Colony Ship has been updated, and Iron Tower Studio reveals a new location: Mission Control.
New Location: Mission Control
We proudly present another important location - Mission Control ruins:
The century-old wreckage of the Ship Authority government complex that once controlled every aspect of life on the Ship.
The mutineers’ attack was months in the making, a decisive, disabling strike at the electronic heart of their world. It should have been over in less than an hour, but such things rarely go as planned. The Ship Authority was made of harder stuff than anticipated and the first assault was driven back.
In the following months of attack and counterattack, the mutineers’ failure to quickly secure the complex cost them much in lost lives and spent firepower. When forced to surrender ground, both sides adopted a policy of destroying anything not of immediate use, so as to deny it to the enemy.
Decades later, deteriorating conditions at home began to drive explorers and treasure seekers farther and farther afield, until a lucky group wandered into the fringes of that fabled battlefield. When the first news trickled back of decks littered with the technological marvels of Old Earth, the scavengers swarmed like maggots devouring a carcass.
Colony ShipSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Encased - Hotfix 2
Games and patches are on a release spree, as Encased receives its second hotfix!
ENCASED - Hotfix 2
Game version 1.0.916.1145
The recent Encased hotfix released a week ago fixed the most annoying and noticeable bugs that interfered with the comfortable playthrough, and also introduced a number of cosmetic fixes, mostly voice acting and localization. Nevertheless, we received a fairly large number of reports from our players regarding not bugs but the interface, game mechanics and unexpected game behavior. Many of these bugs took a long time to fix, so we included fixes for them in Hotfix 2.
Overall, the latest update turned out to be much more voluminous than the previous one, and we hope that traveling around the world of the Dome will become even more convenient.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.4d
Owlcat Games has released patch 1.0.4d for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
Update 1.0.4d - September 17, 2021
Beware of possible plot spoilers below!
- The cursor’s state was incorrectly reset to default in TBM at the start of the turn - fixed;
- Charge ability was getting interrupted randomly before starting - fixed.
- All relics now appear identified;
- Items from the Commander Pack did not appear in the chest when playing the game in Epic Games Store - fixed;
- The Robe of Water was being equipped in the wrong slot - fixed;
- The Robe of Air had a wrong enchantment - fixed;
- Fixed the visuals of Duality of Conjuration and Summoning;
- Game could freeze when using the Lexicon of Paradox - fixed.
- Francest’s Charming Voice was giving -2 penalty instead of -5 - fixed
Tails of Iron - Released
The RPG Tails of Iron has been released:
Tails of Iron
Greetings Royal Rodents,
Get your whiskers straightened out and your fur combed clean because Tails of Iron is OUT NOW - get 10% OFF this week only!loading...
Tails of IronSP/MP: Single-player
Aragami 2 - Released
The stealth-game Aragami 2 has been released:
Dear Aragami fans,
The time has come! Aragami 2 is finally launched and we cannot believe that we are finally at this pivotal moment. It feels like the end of a long journey, but it isn’t quite over yet. Our journey continues as the team works to make the game better and address any of the community’s concerns. And you? Your journey into Aragami 2 is just beginning and we hope you’re having a wonderful time.
Even after the success of Aragami, the team couldn’t imagine we’d be launching a sequel that would incorporate all the features and ideas that didn’t come to exist in the first game. In fact, we didn’t even ask ourselves what we’d do after releasing the first game. But yet here we are, we made it! We’ve worked really hard during the last three years to bring you a new story in the Aragami world that we hope you’ll enjoy.
It wasn’t all smooth or easy, as we faced many challenges over the course of development including a global pandemic. We’re still a small, passionate group of people making games that we love and, at the same time, we are inexperienced in so many aspects.
We had an ambitious vision and things were tough, but our clan did not give up on the hard work despite the hardships of the journey. We’ve learned so much along the way, are very proud of the game we built, and now it’s in your hands!
We look forward to seeing you share your experience with Aragami 2 with friends and loved ones, messing around doing ninja stuff together. Or just enjoying a more meticulous and sneaky playthrough on your own. Whatavere playstyle is yours, we hope that you have fun.
Thank you for your ongoing support throughout this journey!
Our greatest thanks,
The Lince Works Team
Aragami 2SP/MP: Single-player
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Soundtrack
Owlcat Games have released the full OST on Youtube.
Full Soundtrack | Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous OSTloading...
Get lost in the music of the crusade with the full soundtrack of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous!
- Dmitry V. Silantyev
- Mikhail Kotov
- Dmitry “Dryante” Makarov
- Pawel Perepelica
- Sergey Eybog
Encased - Review @ Wccftech
Wccftech has reviewed Encased and given a 7.7 score, details in the article.
Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG Review – The Post-Dome Dream
The first two entries in the Fallout series still hold a dear place in the hearts of many RPG fans, thanks to their post-apocalyptic setting and classic RPG gameplay mechanics. Developers know this all too well, and the fact that the series has changed so much since the second game allowed many studios to attempt to fill the void with their own take on the post-apocalyptic setting made popular by Fallout. The Wasteland series successfully managed to do so, especially with the third entry in the series released last year, but now a new contender has risen. It's Encased: A Sci-Fi Post- Apocalyptic, a game that can definitely rival Fallout in terms of setting and worldbuilding, although some issues prevent it from achieving the must-have status for all sorts of players.
Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG is a worthy purchase for all fans of classic Fallout games, thanks to a well-crafted post-apocalyptic setting, great worldbuilding, reactive world, and solid overall gameplay. The clunky interface, basic combat, verbose writing, and overwhelming amount of status conditions to keep track of damage the experience a bit, however, making Encased a game that only the most die-hard RPG fans will enjoy right from the start.
- Engaging setting
- Great atmosphere
- Highly reactive world
- Solid exploration mechanics
- Competent turn-based combat...
- ... that feels a little too basic
- Writing could have used a little trimming
- Clunky interface
- Underwhelming visuals
Prey - How Arkane Studios Designed Prey
Noclip has published a new documentary on Prey.
How Arkane Studios Designed Prey - Documentary
We talk to the team at Arkane Austin about the design of their immersive sim cult classic, Prey.loading...
Broken Roads - The Morale Compass
Drop Bear Bytes briefly present the Morale Compass, which is their alignment feature to orient the decisions and dialogue options in Broken Roads.
Broken Roads’ Moral Compass Presents an All-New Approach to Role-Playing Game Consequences
Broken Roads’ unique morality system is based on four areas of moral philosophy: Utilitarianism, Nihilism, Machiavellianism and Humanism. In a 360-degree chart of possible options, players are able to choose from those within a certain range of their character’s core alignment.
Your decisions and dialogue options will shift your leaning and thus alter your possible range of future choices.
We believe this will enhance the game’s roleplaying realism - you can not take an evil option and then immediately follow up with the most noble option. Decisions will not be clear cut good and bad – we want to present real moral dilemmas that players will have to carefully consider.
Broken RoadsSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Thursday - September 16, 2021
Gamedec - Review @ Gameffine
Gameffine checked out the Cyberpunk-RPG Gamedec - thanks Yemeth:
Gamedec Review :: The Good Cyberpunk RPG
The number one comment whenever I look up the community posts of Anshar Studios’ Gamedec is, “please don’t be like Cyberpunk 2077“. Well, it’s not like one has anything to do with the other. Aside from the common cyberpunk setting, Gamedec is nothing like Cyberpunk 2077. One is an open-world action game with RPG elements, and the other is a focused detective RPG without a combat system. So people mistaking Gamedec to be a traditional open-world combat-heavy cyberpunk can stop reading right now. Now, with that out of my system, let’s talk (spoiler-free) about Gamedec.
Gamedec is a short but highly enjoyable detective RPG with unique locations to explore, crimes to solve and a shitload of lore to absorb. The choice-driven story, along with the chance to explore meta digital worlds makes Gamedec a must-buy. If you’ve played the demo, then you’ll get a few more hours of that exact experience with the full release.
Avalom: Ancestral Heroes - Released
The open-world RPG Avalom: Ancestral Heroes has been released:
News and information about what the game will provide players over time...
Particularly wish to welcome all new players and hope they have a great game!
What to expect from Avalom?
In addition to what has already been presented, Avalom will undergo constant monthly updates with extra content based on events that players will decide the actions of the world that affect their region, economy, army and challenges. All of this will be decided through achievements on the steam which players have decided to help finish or not. Depending on the occasion and event players can favor for it to happen and thus extra content will be added bringing benefits such as new sets of armor, items, boss, dungeon and so on.
There has been an improvement in HUD and placements;
Fixed minor bugs without major importance;
Avalom: Ancestral HeroesSP/MP: Single-player
Eastward - Released Today
Pixpil and Chucklefish have released Eastward. Admit it, we are spoiled at the moment. :)
All Aboard... Eastward is OUT NOW!
*BING BONG* Weeeeelcome aboard the Eastward Express! This is a multi-stop hype train that will take you all the way to the edges of our known universe. For your safety we would ask you to keep your arms and legs inside the carriage at all times, and please keep your belongings on your person, including any snacks, kitchen utensils, and Earth Born paraphernalia. Any unattended items will be devoured by the miasma. We hope you have a pleasant journey *BING BONG*
We are incredibly excited to finally share Pixpil’s Eastward with the world!
Out now on PC and Nintendo Switch, you can join Sam and John’s adventure through a society on the brink of collapse, filled with delightful towns, strange creatures and even stranger people! The population may be declining, but the world has never been more alive and in need of your help...
Check out the new Cinematic Launch trailer - including a teaser of our future collaboration with our friends at iam8bit on some physical products we know you’ve been asking for... More specific news on that soon!loading...
Gamedec - Released Today
GAMEDEC IS NOW AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE
The time has finally come.
Starting today, you have the incredible opportunity to see with your own eyes the project we've been working on for the last couple of years.
And now all is left for you is to explore the wide variety of virtualias and the realium, solving your cases and making your own story as Gamedec.
We want to ask you for a favor - Spread the good word about Gamedec! We want to get the word out about our launch to as many people as possible, and we want YOUR voices to get the word out.
Share screenshots, gameplay, stream, create content for Youtube and other social networks - also, share our Launch Trailer, information about the premiere today, and if you want - Give us some love!
Join us celebrating the Gamedec release!loading...
Valheim - Update: Hearth & Home arrives!
Iron Gate releases Hearth & Home for Valheim today.
Update: Hearth & Home arrives!
Where the grass grows underfoot,
And the sky is blue overhead.
There will always be a
Hearth & Home.
(Spoilers ahead! If you want to discover the rest of the content yourself, you might not want to read this post just yet.)
Another month has passed since we spoke to you last, and what a month it’s been. First of all, the feedback from our cinematic trailer was incredible, and it has been great to see so many excited comments ahead of the update!
But now the wait is finally over, Vikings – Hearth & Home releases today. We’re incredibly excited to bring our first major update to you all, as well as a new video to show off some new gameplay!loading...
Release: In development
Wartales - The Future of Wartales
Shiro Games share their view of the two next months in Q&A#10.
Wartales Q&A #10: The Future of Wartales
Welcome to this weeks Wartales Q&A!
Today, we take a brief look at what to expect over the next couple of months as we speed towards Early Access release later this year and wind down this round of Q&As as we turn our focus to the rapidly approaching closed beta...
As it’s the last Q&A for a while, is there anything you want to say to the community?
"First of all, the whole team would like to thank you for all your feedback, your attendance and reception to our Q&As and your warmth and vivacity on the Discord. We are delighted with the reception you have given to Wartales and we have the ambition to make this game a reference in the genre. We know how important the community and players are to this endeavour and are delighted to see that you are already helping us to grow and mature Wartales. We genuinely cannot thank and appreciate you all enough"
What have you been doing since the release of the demo ?
"Well, a lot has changed but don't worry, not the essence of Wartales! We've taken your feedback into account and fixed a lot of the issues and areas that saw some negativity while also expanding on gameplay and features that we thought were secondary that resonated with you all. Over the weeks, the whole team has been working hard and you can be assured that we are not behind on the features we wanted to develop for the beginning of early access, there is some absolutely incredible stuff coming to the EA build that we genuinely cannot wait to see your reaction to.
We've added a lot of different content that we've talked about in previous diaries, namely the tombs of the ancients (dungeon crawler), the arenas (complex challenge with a small team), the rat invasions (how far will you go to burn the most nests?), Paths (echoes of the way you play), new elites, new units, new animals, new skills, talents, professions, items and so on. Enough to keep you on the edge of your seat for several dozen hours!"
Release: In development
ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Character Import/Build Guide
Neyreyan shows how to import characters and gives character build tips for ATM RPG: Trudograd.
ATOM RPG Trudograd Full Release- How to import character - Character creation build & tips+EA rewardloading...
- 08:50 Character stats explained
- 10:30 Going over all the distinctions/perks
- 16:50 Skills and their bonuses
- 22:48 Abilities, get a weapon/melee path and Crafting+Suvival
- 28:44 Recap of my build
- 29:20 I will play on Expert + Intro cutscene
- 37:13 When the game truly starts and we can play
- 39:15 Early Acces backer special items and Dhzulbars special photo
ATOM RPG: TrudogradSP/MP: Single-player
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - The Last Azlanti Challenge
Owlcat is organizing The Last Azlanti Streamer Challenge, a streaming competition that starts on September 20th. Details are given in the reddit post.
It's two weeks since the beginning of your journey into the World Wound, and we hope you're having a great adventure!
Today we've got something interesting for you: meet our big event of the autumn - The Last Azlanti Challenge!
Starting from 20th of September, streamers and videogame bloggers who love Pathfinder will engage in a fierce competition of live playthroughs in Last Azlanti mode! In this mode, all decisions are final and losing the main character means losing the game!
Many big names have dared to step up to the challenge - you'll learn more about them in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to our social media as we reveal our participants and track their progress!
Wednesday - September 15, 2021
Asterigos - Announced & Trailer
RPGSite reports the announcement of Asterigos, an action-RPG by ACME Gamestudios. The game is planned for release in late Spring 2022, on PC and PS4.
Taiwan-based independent developer Acme Gamestudios has announced Asterigos, an upcoming action RPG drawing thematic and stylistic roots from the real-world Greco-Roman historical periods. The game is slated for a simultaneous PS4 and PC release in late spring 2022, followed by a PS5 version toward the tail end of autumn.
Here's an overview of Asterigos' story, weapons, and features:
Hilda, a brave North_wind Legion warrior, seeks to find her lost father and enters the mythical cursed city. She will come to realize the rise—and fall—of a great city, witness history in the making, and face difficult choices which will shape the entire kingdom’s fate.
- Exploration – Explore Aphes, the fallen city of the stars. Dive into the truth of history and restore it back to its former glory.
- Challenge – The cursed beasts ravage across the realm. Arm with the power of gods to defeat them.
- Storytelling – A story told from different perspectives. Hilda’s choices will determine the fate and outcome of everyone.
Release: In development
Aragami 2 - Review @ Wccftech
Wccftech has reviewed Aragami 2, verdict below with an extra walkthrough of one mission posted by Lince Works.
Aragami 2 Review – Tried-and-True Exterminator
It doesn’t matter how well you hide, there’s just no escaping the stealth genre these days. In addition to a steady deluge of dedicated stealth games, it seems like every other AAA adventure has the player creeping around at some point. Despite this stealth oversaturation, the indie ninja game Aragami managed to make a bit of a name for itself back in 2016 thanks to its old-school charms and a few clever twists on the standard sneak-and-stab formula.
Five years later, the stealth market is as flooded as ever, and yet, here’s Aragami 2 hoping to carry on the original game’s surprise success. Does Aragami 2 have what it takes to slice through the competition or are its weaknesses all-too-visible this time? No sneaking around, time to tackle this one head on…
Aragami 2 is another enjoyable sneak ‘em up and a solid improvement over its predecessor, but an overfamiliar world and mechanics make it hard to get too excited about the game. Aragami 2 gets the job done cleanly and efficiently, and is worth a shot if you’re into old-school stealth, but its memory may quickly fade into the shadowy recesses of your mind.
- Strong stealth fundamentals
- Movement is more free and fun
- Sharp open-ended level design
- Combat is a thing now
- Plenty of content
- 3-player co-op
- Story is unengaging
- Visuals have lost some style
- Doesn't do anything truly originalloading...
Aragami 2SP/MP: Single-player
Gamedec - Launch Trailer and Launch Party Invite
Anshar Studios has released launch trailer, and invites us to a give-away launch party!
The time has come!
One day before Gamedec's release, we are thrilled to share the brand-new launch trailer with you. Sit at the bar, grab a drink and listen to gamedecs chatting about their job.
After that, you are welcomed to join us in celebrating the launch on the online launch party with the dev team tomorrow, September 16th, at 9:00, AM PT/17:00 GMT on https://twitch.tv/ansharstudios.
Our excitement is not the only thing that we want to share at the event - we will be giving away some gamedec-essential goods from our partners:
- Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless mouse
- Elgato Stream Deck v2
- Corsair Void RGB Elite USB Headset
- Corsair MM800C RGB Polaris Mousepad
- Displate Metal Posters
- MSI baseball caps and backpacks
We can hardly believe that in 24 hours we will show you the outcome of many years of our work. On such an important day, we would be honored to feel supported by our incredible community, so:
Come early, stay late.loading...
ATOM RPG: TrudogradSP/MP: Single-player
Gamedec - Codex
Anshar Studios posted a new short video in their Gamedec Mechanics Onboarding series.
Gamedec Mechanics Onboarding - Codex
Our Gamedec Mechanics Onboarding series ends with the #Codex - think about it as a glossary and everything you need to track.
It gathers excerpts from media, interviews, corporate e-mails, and anything that might help you better understand the world or a particular character.loading...
Dying Light 2 - Delayed to February 2022
DSOGaming reports on a delay into February 2022 for Dying Light 2.
Techland has just announced that Dying Light 2 has been delayed until February 2022. The game was originally targeting a December 7th release date. According to the team, the game is complete, and it’s currently polishing and optimizing it. Thus, Techland will need some extra time in order to deliver a more polished product.
Dying Light 2SP/MP: Single + MP
Release: In development
Encased - First Hotfix
Henriquejr spotted the first hotfix for Encased:
ENCASED - Hotfix 1
20% discount, new trailer and first post-release hotfix
Since the release of Encased, we have been actively collecting your feedback and working on fixing bugs - both critical and minor - which are impacting the game experience. An updated version is already available for download. If you’ve not got the game yet, we have a release discount of 20%. You can find out more about the final version in our newest trailer.loading...
Below is the list of fixes. Some notes may contain small spoilers.
- Fatigue recovery increased threefold with all bed types
- The frequency of attacks on settlements has been significantly reduced
- Corrected the description of the "Dawn" relic
- Description of the Atox stimulator has been changed
- Added progression for buttstrokes
- Fixed being able to equip the Servoshell while in a Servoshell
Quests and Events
- Fixed the position of the Maelstrom beacon in the First Settlers Camp
- Fixed Influence check in dialogue with Pepper
- Fixed completing the "Against All Protocols" quest in case of Monty James’ death
- Fixed some checks in the "Help me" quest
- Fixed some endings
- Reworked mechanics of "The Return of Ursula" quest
- Using the car in the prologue now does not add Fatigue to the character and cannot cause death from it
- The interaction with the Hog loaders has been temporarily changed
- Clicking the "Store All" button now does not close the container window
- Clicking the "Store All" button is accompanied by a sound event
- Esc button correctly closes game windows
- Improved the responsiveness of clicking on buttons in the quick access panel on the right side of the screen
- Changed time preview in the time skip window
Translation and Voiceover
- Added many missing translations Note: already improved but still being worked on is the version for Chinese (Simplified)
- Added Fox voiceover in the Russian version of the game
- Voiceover bugs fixed; narrator lines added in the English version of the game
- Fixed subtitles in the intro cutscene
- Fixed greetings and goodbyes for some characters
- Changed the "Restless" status effect
- Fixed burning skeleton (added name and description - Pyro-Skeleton)
- Fixed incorrect behavior of necroids in combat
Bugs and Errors
- Fixed infinite loading when exiting to main menu in the Nashville cave
- Fixed several types of freezes
- Fixed access to shelves in Magellan's library
- Fixed access to some objects on the Abandoned Film Set
- Fixed the ladder leading from the sewers to the destroyed parking lot in Nashville
- Fixed freezing when pickpocketing from a character at Concord station
- Fixed problems with game launching on systems with some types of oriental calendars
- Changed the appearance of Clara Morgan in the Unknown Place event
- Fixed portraits and appearance of some characters
- Added story illustrations
Tuesday - September 14, 2021
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.3c
Another big patch was released today for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
PF: WotR: patch 1.0.3c
- In chapter 5 don’t skip the scene of getting a Mythic level, it may break the game;
- Re-training your character will break late-game Mythic Paths, such as Legend, Gold Dragon, Swarm-that-Walks, a secret path;
- Sometimes opening a UI that pauses the game, such as level up screen, may pause the game even after. Workaround: open and close the inventory if it happens;
- Characters on a secret mythic path, who have already taken mythic ranks in it, won't be able to get mythic feats or abilities from previous mythic ranks of that mythic path.
- Deep-Rooted Derangement could break if you skipped the cut-scene which started it - fixed;
- Fixed the infinite XP gain in the dialogue with Thaberdine;
- The second dialogue with Nulkineth could start more than once - fixed;
- The logic in the dialogue with Toil in Ember's quest in chapter 5 has been fixed;
- The logic in the dialogue with Melies in chapter 5 has been fixed;
- A romantic event with Galfrey from the 3rd chapter could start in chapter 5 - fixed;
- Fixed inability to complete the Grudges to Settle quest if you kill Chivarro before talking to Herrax;
- Sometimes Arueshalae refused to talk even after leaving the prison - fixed;
- Anevia in chapter 5 now properly recognizes whether the player remained the Commander in chapter 3 or not;
- A cutscene at the end of Death's Embrace sometimes didn’t start - fixed;
- Fixed an error that could give a wrong objective related to the Prisoner of the Abyss quest after talking to Sosiel;
- A cut-scene with Azata’s Free Crusaders could freeze in Midnight Fane - fixed;
- Sometimes Days of Strife wouldn’t fail after finishing chapter 1;
- From a Dead Woman's Hands: in some cases, it was impossible to call Sosiel to talk with Paralictor Aminos Renth in Drezen - fixed;
- A Conversation with Halaseliax sometimes didn’t start after Dragon's Awakening - fixed;
- Above the Clouds: it was possible to get an objective to speak to Desnans about music too early. Fixed. If you already got the objective, just wait until the time is right for this dialogue to trigger;
- In some cases after Azata’s battle at Flesh Markets, a conversation with Rhamisa wouldn’t start - fixed;
- A cut-scene with Rhamisa could trigger twice if you went into her hideout again - fixed;
- A romantic scene with Galfrey didn’t start before Midnight Fane - fixed;
- Dragon's Awakening: Halaseliax could stay in Drezen while he was supposed to leave for Kenabres - fixed;
- Fighting against your previous companions on some difficulties resulted in their resurrection after a fight - fixed;
- In chapter 1, if, after scouting the Tower of Estrod, you failed to report to Irabeth before the attack on the tavern started, this objective wouldn’t be completed - fixed. You will receive another objective;
- Fixed replies in the dialogue with Nocticula during Demon’s quest in chapter 5.
Tales of Arise - Review @ Fextralife
Fextralife reviews Tales of Arise.
Tales of Arise Review: Is the Hype Worth It? Should You Play it? Gameplay Impressions In this Tales of Arise Review, we’re going to be taking a look at the 17th main entry to the Tales series and what this Action-RPG has to offer. Tales of Arise is a part of the popular JRPG series of games that follows up the previous title Tales of Berseria. This is not a sequel or continuation so you don’t have to worry about not having played any of the other Tales titles when it comes to story, but you will find some familiarity in the gameplay systems if you have.loading...
Tales of AriseSP/MP: Single-player
Valheim - Hearth & Home: Fireside Chat
Josefin Berntsson (assistant CM at Iron Gate), Richard Svensson (founder and lead designer) and Robin Eyre (generalist artist) discuss around a cozy fire about Hearth & Home, which will be released for Valheim on September 16th.
Valheim Hearth & Home: Fireside Chat
Come closer and gather ‘round the fire as we sit down and have a chat about Valheim, development and Hearth & Home. Maybe some of your most burning questions will be answered?loading...
Release: In development
Return to Nangrim - First Person Dwarf RPG
Return to Nangrim is described as a dark first-person fantasy adventure with survival and RPG elements. There is a demo available on the Steam page.
Cold winds howl through the abandoned caverns of Nangrim. This forsaken place holds nothing good for those who dare to pass. Now you must survive down in the depths of this ancient dwarven mountain city, and discover the fate of the Stonebeards in their last days.
Return to Nangrim is a dark first-person fantasy adventure with survival and RPG elements embedded in an epic dwarven lore. Go on an adventure and unveil the mysteries and legends woven around the Stonebeards, the once glorious and powerful dwarven family living in the northern Nimbor Mountains. The fabled world of Nangrim awaits you.
- Explore epic locations and unveil their secrets. Collect, combine and craft items, and interact with the environment to progress.
- Find and forge weapons to defend against the dangers that lurk in the dark. Not all creatures have left the mountain fortress.
- Become a master blacksmith. Learn to forge like the dwarves of old.
- Your torch is essential: it is not only a flame to light your way but also your primary weapon of defense; keep it close when the darkness closes in.
- Hammer or axe? Both are unmerciful tools against the evil forces. Forge and upgrade them to unlock their full potential.
- Use Hilduir, the runic language of the dwarves, to piece together the story, puzzles, and culture of this long-forgotten nation.
- Procedural elements guarantee a different gaming experience for every player.
- Experience deep and extensive fantasy lore with tons of side contents, collectibles, and hidden items.
General NewsSP/MP: Unknown
Release: In development