Borderlands Gameplay Trailer

I was trying to embed it from Gamespot earlier put I wasn't having any luck.

Loved the music. The game looked good too. I'll have to keep an eye on this one from now on.

There are supposedly 160 quests, and an incredible level of randomization in the game.

According to a more recent interview by [1UP.com] with CEO and president of Gearbox Software, Randy Pitchford said, the game's astounding arsenal will feature over 650,000 weapons. An addition of 150,000 new weapons came from the inclusion of alien technology. As the game currently now features over a million guns, and thanks to the "manufacturing" system, the player will see different type of weapons every time they play the game.

The features of the maps will also be randomly generated. While towns, and the general paths connecting them will remain the same, Borderlands features a system that randomly instances the surrounding landscape, with randomly placed things such as bunkers, towers, caves, enemies, and exploding cacti. All of this is done without a loading screen. Gearbox plans that the player will not see a loading screen after they boot up the game.

There are supposedly 160 quests, and an incredible level of randomization in the game.

Ok this is sounding better by the minute. I've been getting into Rogue like games (before Blood Bowl of course) and one thing that made ADOM great was it's random equipment. You never know what a blue potion would do because in every game it would change the effects.

I hope they do something similiar with this. I've yet seen any game, not even diablo, make a truly great random equipment generator. If it's just weapons then it might still be good, but it won't have that "OMG what does this do and where is that damn scroll of identification?" effect on me:)

I just won't expect this to be the next Fallout or Witcher as far as the story is concerned, but there is something to be said about a truly great random generator.

Yeah - this one looks interesting. Yet more games ...

There's far too many good games being released in the same time frame. I'm going to have a lot of choices to make in Sep. and Oct.

This looks kinda like a non-MMO Hellgate-style game.

To me, that's a good thing.

So, we'll have to choose among:
- DragonAge
- Risen
- Divinity 2
- Borderlands
- Arcania
- Diablo 3
- Torchlight
- Heretic Kingdom: reluctant hero (?)
- etc.
Now, I ask to myself:"Why all these games at the same (almost) time?"
Summer is a bad season for a game release?
Someone thought the same for big screen movies.....

I wish it was out sooner, but Bliz = inevitable delays upon delays.

Yeah, me too. But we probably won't be seeing D3 until 2011. 2009 is reserved for Starcraft 2, if they manage to pull off what they promised. 2010 is probably gonna be reserved for another WoW expansion or maybe D3, if we're lucky. So 2011 is most probable imo. We shall see.

Yeah, me too. But we probably won't be seeing D3 until 2011. 2009 is reserved for Starcraft 2, if they manage to pull off what they promised. 2010 is probably gonna be reserved for another WoW expansion or maybe D3, if we're lucky. So 2011 is most probable imo. We shall see.

This is what I'm thinking as well, though SC2 is supposed to be delayed yet again.

WoW is dead to me, but I've no doubt they'll keep churning out expansions for at least 5-10 years. Free money, basically.

D2 = 2010 Xmas at the earliest.

the trailer is quite impressive. the graphics also added a certain level of uniqueness. is there a demo some where?

So, we'll have to choose among:
- DragonAge
- Risen
- Divinity 2
- Borderlands
- Arcania
- Diablo 3
- Torchlight
- Heretic Kingdom: reluctant hero (?)
- etc.
Now, I ask to myself:"Why all these games at the same (almost) time?"
Summer is a bad season for a game release?
Someone thought the same for big screen movies.....

I thought the Heretic Kingdoms game was dead?

Also, is Arcania out this fall? I could find pre-orders for Risen, but nothing else ...

Arcania is supposed to come out in Winter 2009/2010 according to the official forum FAQ.

Arcania is supposed to come out in Winter 2009/2010 according to the official forum FAQ.

That I can deal with ... it is the Sept / OCt flurry that annoys me ...

On that list, only Risen and Divinity 2 are "must buys" for me, while Dragon Age and Borderlands are of moderate interest.

On that list, only Risen and Divinity 2 are "must buys" for me, while Dragon Age and Borderlands are of moderate interest.

And what about Alpha Protocol ... day after Risen ...?

Back
Top Bottom