Name that game!

This one just came to mind:

3795049734_180dd9b957.jpg

That would be StarFlight :)

It's slow at work, sorry, but here's another one.

Attachments

• test2.png
    test2.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 56
@D'Artagnan: Betrayal in Antara is correct :).
Let me see, I still have some other elderly games under my belt... like this one (though it's hardly obscure):

Attachments

• gameguess8.png
    gameguess8.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 57
@D'Artagnan: Betrayal in Antara is correct :).
Let me see, I still have some other elderly games under my belt... like this one (though it's hardly obscure):

But I didn't guess :)

Your new game is definitely Thunderscape, though. Brilliant music - mediocre game.

Hehe, Albion is the first I could have named in this thread. ^^

Those games are *old?* Bah, whippersnappers...

Attachments

• screenie2.png
    screenie2.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 55
Dungeon of Doom is correct! It was a pretty decent game, sort of a NetHack with tiles. (Personally, I preferred the real NetHack, though.)

The only reason I recall that is I didn't play it until I had a Quadra, ~1992-ish. And then soon after came id's Doom.

Oh - and based on your TaskMaker I got 'Basilisk II' emulator up and running and loaded up TaskMaker. Here it is in default startup (despite me allocating 1GB of RAM, the old 'manual memory allocation' thing dumped it into B&W)
3794321391_0c42be115e.jpg

Then I gave the game 5MB of RAM, and it started in color ... but sadly I was soon greeted by one of those wonders of the old System 7 era ...
3795142048_7575095efd.jpg

Then I gave the game 5MB of RAM, and it started in color ... but sadly I was soon greeted by one of those wonders of the old System 7 era ...

Ugh, I can practically hear the "booop!"

Hope you get it working; I think it's still a pretty good game.

But I didn't guess :)
Oh, sorry - you're right, it was Gothic Gothicness...
Your new game is definitely Thunderscape, though. Brilliant music - mediocre game.
Yes, Thunderscape! I found it so exciting :).

Here's another one - one cutscene pic, one gameplay pic:

Attachments

• gameguess9.gif
    gameguess9.gif
    31.2 KB · Views: 55
  • guessgame11.gif
    guessgame11.gif
    22.3 KB · Views: 39
Those games are *old?* Bah, whippersnappers...
Yeah, Zork... :)
I came late to value the franchise, however (after Zork Nemesis got me hooked... even though it was rather atypical). Used to play several of the Infocom text games on my PDA after that

Yup, a true classic.

I really liked this one, although it had its share of flaws. The beat-em-up/shoot-em-up gameplay has yet to be... well, beaten, I guess, in a similar third-person game IMO. None that I've played, anyway. It's a real shame there's never been a sequel:

9-836_1.png

Zork Nemesis was cool!

Zork never really got its hooks into me, but ok - I was like 6 years old when I first played it. Back in 1981 or something - don't quite remember.

The first adventures I played in a serious way, were games like The Hobbit or Guild of Thieves - text adventures with static images. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom