Spell tips for Two Worlds Two?

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
I waited for this game because I knew it'd be buggy on release and I got the Steam version last Friday. I've been playing the game non-stop and I'm surprised at how good it is. I've had a wonderful run with several good crpgs in a row now, and 2W2 is no exception.

I've been playing a battle mage and just using pretty stock spells. I'd love to see some favorite combinations from other Watchers who've finished the game. I was looking over at IGN and this might be the most robust spell system ever created!

If anyone has alchemy hints, I'll be glad for those too. In 2W1 there were permanent stat increase potions, but I haven't found any of those in this game.

I waited for this game because I knew it'd be buggy on release and I got the Steam version last Friday. I've been playing the game non-stop and I'm surprised at how good it is. I've had a wonderful run with several good crpgs in a row now, and 2W2 is no exception.

I've been playing a battle mage and just using pretty stock spells. I'd love to see some favorite combinations from other Watchers who've finished the game. I was looking over at IGN and this might be the most robust spell system ever created!

If anyone has alchemy hints, I'll be glad for those too. In 2W1 there were permanent stat increase potions, but I haven't found any of those in this game.

I really want to get into this...I just can't muster to get by the savanah...it feels like an empty MMO....there are some interesting areas....and killing a rhino is kinda cool. But overall, it runs a bit like a beast.

Have you made it to Hatmandor and Chezsomething? There are a million quests there and some are really fun. Of course, you've got to do this stupid horse race, but that's the worst it gets.

I strongly recommend mixing a direct damage missile with an area effect spell. For example it's a lot cheaper (manawise) to 5x Fire cards on direct damage and 5x Frost cards on AoE than 10x Fire cards on direct damage. The overall damage will be slightly lower, but still more than high enough.

Also, there's an added bonus: Whenever the AoE part of the spell hits, enemies are stunned for a short time. There is no specific card that enables you to get the stun - it's simply a side effect of impact.

Also, I used two such spells: One with Frost single target and Ice AoE (dealing only frost damage) and one with Fire single target + area life leech or whatever (heals you). Obviously, you use the fire one when you meet enemies that are resistant to frost and vice versa.

Haven't found the life leech spell yet. I've been avoiding most forums because of spoilers. Do you know which card combo yields life leech? I'm guessing corpse or decay, but I'm uncertain. Also which carrier and modifier combos trigger it to leech instead of another effect? Thanks!

I'll post one that is probably common, but helps in ambush and exploration. You can modify your jumping greatly by using a Force card with Enchant carrier and a time modifier. Depending on how many cards you use for force, you CAN leap tall buildings in a single bound :)

In 2W1 there were permanent stat increase potions, but I haven't found any of those in this game.
There aren´t any in 2W2 and it´s another missed opportunity how to make exploration more rewarding.

Haven't found the life leech spell yet. I've been avoiding most forums because of spoilers. Do you know which card combo yields life leech? I'm guessing corpse or decay, but I'm uncertain. Also which carrier and modifier combos trigger it to leech instead of another effect? Thanks!

Hmm I think it's just a Corpse card in any damaging combo to be honest. Nothing specific required beyond that. Just Corpse + AOE to get the AoE life leech thing going.

Invisibility is also a pretty good spell, I think it's some sort of Air combination. Enchant and Time or some such thing.

Yep, thanks Maylander. I've got invis going. I used it extensively in the mission called Mazriel's Tear. I'm going to give the AOE leech/heal thing a go tonight, unless I start over again :)

Oooh, these spell combos sound like fun! TW2 just got a bump up on my buy list. :)

Just be aware, even on good machines it runs like a slug. So don't expect to turn up all the details. Other then that it is not a bad game at all.

I'm not having any slowdowns at all and I wouldn't call my machine buff. I've got a rack bought Dell Studio XPS 8000 with 8 gigs of ram and a 1 gig 240 GTS, which is an OEM card, so not super high end at all. It's an I5 quad core, not a slouch, but not top of the line either. I'm running full details everywhere except grass. Grass hides too much that I want to see.

I should point out that I'm running the Steam version and DirectX 10.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be running DX10 on my Dell Precision M6400 with XP. It has a 2.52 GHz quad mobile processor (Intel Q93000), and fairly high end notebook GPU (ATI FirePro M7740).

Let me give you guys an update…I started it up just to see how it was running.

It runs great as long as I don't enable 4X AA I can max everything else.

Interesting. I'll see what I was running AA-wise. I don't normally pay too much attention to that stuff. I just set everything to max and then run around. If it chugs, I start turning off stuff I can live without(grass, shadows). I haven't had to turn anything down since the new machine, but I will eventually.

Hmmm. Well I can deal with lower settings if the gameplay is fun enough.

You shouldn´t have to. If there´s an aspect in which the game is close to flawless, it´s the engine it´s running on.

I've had a wonderful run with several good crpgs in a row now, and 2W2 is no exception.

I started playing TW2 a few days ago. I'm liking the game now more than when I first started.

The developers have put some serious love into this title. But they have overcomplicated and underdocumented their UI. However, if there's one thing the original Gothic game taught me - don't abandon a game just because it has a counterintuitive UI.

While I think I have a good measure of learning to go with TW2's UI (especially spell-making), I feel I'm over the hump and really able to enjoy the content.

I'm loving wondering into dangerous areas and getting one-shotted. The world feels wild and dangerous and at L8 I already have a dozen or so places I'll have to revisit when I'm a bit stronger.

I'm not having any framerate issues and haven't encountered any bugs... yet, so far so good in that department.

Honestly I have one spell that is just a fire missile, 10 fire cards and a bunch of missile cards, and don't see much reason to use anything else. That obliterates pretty much everything.

It's funny people mention the UI, I actually find it the weakest part of the game...those massive item piuctures is just horrible oblivion did this better.

Back
Top Bottom