Report: Crysis 2 Leaked

I loved fear mainly for the ai. Best ai in any fps i've played imo. Does the city environment help? Sounds like a fun concept but doesn't sound like they utilized it well. Bought fear 2 recently but haven't played it yet rpg's come first.

Is this better or worse than fear 2 in your guy opinion? If you've played fear 2 that is and if you have did it stay true to the first one?

Is this better or worse than fear 2 in your guy opinion? If you've played fear 2 that is and if you have did it stay true to the first one?

Opinions on FEAR 2 seem to vary greatly. I loved the original FEAR, but I hated FEAR 2. It looks and plays like a game that was developed for consoles, but that's just my opinion. I also hate how FEAR 2 ignores the events of Extraction Point, which I thought was an excellent expansion to the first game.

Crysis 2 > FEAR 2 imo. I still enjoyed Crysis 2 for the most part, despite all my bitching. :)

Or is it better or equal to the original FEAR or its expansions?

Not even close.

It's better than FEAR 2, yes.

I compared it to FEAR because of two things: the very visceral combat and the open-but-not-too-open environments. The AI in FEAR is still better than any AI I have seen since to be honest, they just managed a miracle of presentation with FEAR's scripting so make the AI seem to perfect.

As for the aliens in Crysis 2 I guess my opinion should not be counted on because I thought the aliens in Crysis were fine. Crysis is a sneaky sandbox human mess-around-a-thon for the first half and then a Doom or Quake-like full-on shooter with monsters for the second part. I like both styles of shooter so I liked both halves of the game, I don't get people who hated the second half. That said in Crysis 2 the aliens are much more human-like and there is really not much difference between the human/alien sections.

Opinions on FEAR 2 seem to vary greatly. I loved the original FEAR, but I hated FEAR 2. It looks and plays like a game that was developed for consoles, but that's just my opinion. I also hate how FEAR 2 ignores the events of Extraction Point, which I thought was an excellent expansion to the first game.

FEAR 2 certainly was not a PC exclusive like the original but if you can like console ports in general (Bioshock, Crysis 2, Bad Company 2, Call of Duty 4, etc.) I don't see why FEAR 2 would be worse than any of those. I also liked its environment design a lot more, i.e. every level looked distinct and visually pleasing while FEAR looked mostly the same throughout and not very unique to begin with.

I never played Extraction Point or the other expansion... I was under the impression they both sucked, so I never bothered with them.

I don't get people who hated the second half. That said in Crysis 2 the aliens are much more human-like and there is really not much difference between the human/alien sections.

Are a lot of people saying they didn't like the 2nd half? I actually thought the better designed levels were mostly in the latter parts of the game. That might also have something to do with the fact that I didn't think the human enemies were as well done as in FarCry or Crysis 1.

FEAR 2 certainly was not a PC exclusive like the original but if you can like console ports in general (Bioshock, Crysis 2, Bad Company 2, Call of Duty 4, etc.) I don't see why FEAR 2 would be worse than any of those. I also liked its environment design a lot more, i.e. every level looked distinct and visually pleasing while FEAR looked mostly the same throughout and not very unique to begin with.

Well, that's your opinion. As I said, the opinions vary on that game. It's a shame you never played Extraction Point though..

+1 on Extraction Point. I *think* I liked it more than the original. They all tend to blur together though. The 3rd one, Perseus Mandate, was a real bitch.

Are a lot of people saying they didn't like the 2nd half? I actually thought the better designed levels were mostly in the latter parts of the game. That might also have something to do with the fact that I didn't think the human enemies were as well done as in FarCry or Crysis 1.

I meant the second half of Crysis.

Well, that's your opinion. As I said, the opinions vary on that game. It's a shame you never played Extraction Point though..

Well, can you give me something FEAR 2 did that made it more "console" than a game like Bioshock? I honestly can't think of anything.

Well, can you give me something FEAR 2 did that made it more "console" than a game like Bioshock? I honestly can't think of anything.

I don't need you to think of anything. Those other games have nothing to do with FEAR 2 being a disappointment (imo), and it's not just about it being "console", there were quite a few things I didn't like about it. I'm not going to shift this into a FEAR 2 debate though, so we'll just leave it at that.

I should have been more clear I didn't mind the aliens it was the alien level.where you were either in an alien ship or in an alien or whatever, things were kind of floating around. Don't remember exactly it's been a while. Thats too bad about fear 2 because the ai in fear was amazing and thats what drew me to the game. The first time i saw an enemy dive through a window to avoid my bullets I about s*** my pants.

Yep, the AI was fun in the first+expansions. But after a while it became very predictable. All you had to do pull enemies one at a time. I would sneak around, until I exposed myself, run back, wait for a head to appear aorund a corner, go slow mo, and insta kill with a headshot. Then runaway / sneak, and repeat. Only a few of the toughies offered variety. Still liked it though.

Last edited:
Yep, the AI was fun in the first+expansions. But after a while it became very predictable. All you had to do was sneak around. Until you exposed yourself, run back, wait for an appearance aorund a corner, go slow mo, and insta kill with a hardshot. Then runaway / sneak, and repeat. Only a few of the toughies offered variety. Still liked it though.

I never tried that tactic i'm more of a stand my ground and fight it out guy which proved quite futile on many occasions.:lol:

The enemies were fairly challenging in FEAR 1+ expansions, especially if you didn't use the slow-mo feature a lot. I almost never used the slow-mo because I kept forgetting I even had it. :)

The enemies were fairly challenging in FEAR 1+ expansions, especially if you didn't use the slow-mo feature a lot. I almost never used the slow-mo because I kept forgetting I even had it. :)

Ditto would have come in handy too.

I don't need you to think of anything. Those other games have nothing to do with FEAR 2 being a disappointment (imo), and it's not just about it being "console", there were quite a few things I didn't like about it. I'm not going to shift this into a FEAR 2 debate though, so we'll just leave it at that.

Don't be defensive, I just hear the console remark a lot about FEAR 2 and I don't remember it being any worse of a port than most games. Maybe it's just because the original is an exclusive, much like Crysis 2.

Don't be defensive, I just hear the console remark a lot about FEAR 2 and I don't remember it being any worse of a port than most games. Maybe it's just because the original is an exclusive, much like Crysis 2.

Well like I said, it's not just about it being consolish. There were things I didn't like about it that had nothing (afaik) to do with it being a console-first title. Things like the large HUD, or that they chose to make the enemy soldiers a lot easier to kill compared to the first game, in favor of throwing larger numbers of them at you.

Well like I said, it's not just about it being consolish. There were things I didn't like about it that had nothing (afaik) to do with it being a console-first title. Things like the large HUD, or that they chose to make the enemy soldiers a lot easier to kill compared to the first game, in favor of throwing larger numbers of them at you.

I definitely agree with the easier enemies… also I remember the levels being much more linear, and that grain filter was the worst (though they patched in a toggle for that). It's nowhere near the first game, for a ton of reasons. I just thought you were focusing on the console thing in your first post about it... no sweat though, I hear ya.

BTW I just ordered Perseus Mandate from amazon for $5... not sure if that one is good, but Extraction Point is way too expensive on there for some reason. I'll try to get EP on ebay or something.

BTW I just ordered Perseus Mandate from amazon for $5… not sure if that one is good, but Extraction Point is way too expensive on there for some reason. I'll try to get EP on ebay or something.

Yeah, same thing over here (you're in Europe right?).

It's weird because I purchased the FEAR Platinum Collection only about a year ago for 20 or 30 dollars, and now it's $75 on Amazon.

There is budget version of EP that can still be found cheap over here, although few copies remain.

Back
Top Bottom