Who will win the 2012 US Presidential Election?

Spent the latest weeks improving my tan on top of the ivory tower while reading up on various disciplines analysis of the American polarization and it's diminishing effects on democracy. Here I am hoping that the red and blue paint run out so we can have some color back. I happen to like purple.

Thanks for the assist, Z. I tested the link in #362 and it worked when I posted it, but it's dead now. It's like they keep breaking the link by moving the article. I guess ABC doesn't want to embarass their messiah.

Yeah, but what I REALLY loved was Craig Nelson's "I have been on food stamps and welfare. Anybody helped me out? No!" bit :lol:

Last edited:
Well, as to the original OP, what's been foretold is slowly coming to pass. Obama will win another term in November; his election machinations are obvious now with his about-face on gay marriage (yes, I'm for gay marriage; no, I don't think anything Obama says is fueled by something besides a gallop poll).

So, here we come U.S. insolvency.

Not being funny (and sorry if this has already been said) but is there really that much difference… I mean, there isn't really any wings in America, it's all pretty right-wing or central… Obama (since it's an election year) can't even really take a stance on gay marriage, notwithstanding the Bidenesque antics…

EDIT: I wouldn't worry about U.S. insolvency for a while, China doesn't really want that yet.

Last edited:
Well, as to the original OP, what's been foretold is slowly coming to pass. Obama will win another term in November; his election machinations are obvious now with his about-face on gay marriage (yes, I'm for gay marriage; no, I don't think anything Obama says is fueled by something besides a gallop poll).

I agree with you that Obama was a day late and dollar short on gay marriage but his Republican opponent makes him appear as an outstanding political figure :)

The righties won't admit it, but Obama has been fairly centrist on most of his policies. This has included his gay marriage position. Now that his second term is pretty much a forgone conclusion, I am sure he will continue to drift to the left.

How do you figure he has been consistent about this issue? During his presidential run in 2008 he very explicitly said he was against gay marriage and for gay "civil unions" as an alternative.

His "crown jewel" policy is socialized medicine. How do you, in any universe, call that centrist?

Back
Top Bottom