Pricewatch!

Not sure if it is the same for everyone or a random draw from a pool of gifts but the first gift was Rayman for Mobile for me so one to go straight down the shitter :biggrin: .

Its the same for eveyone and here is the list

Day 1 (Today - 24/11) : Rayman Classic on Mobile: Android - iOS
Day 2 (25/11) : 30% off Ubisoft Games
Day 3 (26/11) : Exclusive Collection of E3 2016 Cards
Day 4 (27/11) : Ubi30 Exclusive GIF
Day 5 (28/11) : For Honor GIFs
Day 6 (29/11) : Ubi30 360 Image
Day 7 (30/11) : Just Dance Greeting Card
Day 8 (01/12) : Ubisoft DIY Advent Calendar
Day 9 (02/12) : Steep Wallpaper
Day 10 (03/12) : Exclusive Digital Posters from E3 2016
Day 11 (04/12) : Rabbids Holiday Goodies
Day 12 (05/12) : WWW Wallpaper
Day 13 (06/12) : Ubisoft Cocktail recipes
Day 14 (07/12) : Free Assassin's Creed 3 on PC
Day 15 (08/12) : Ubisoft Wrapping Paper
Day 16 (09/12) : 300 games Giveaway: 300 copies of 3 of the latest Ubisoft titles (1 game per person, first come first serve)
Day 17 (10/12) : Watch_Dogs 2 Wallpaper
Day 18 (11/12) : Ubisoft gift tags
Day 19 (12/12) : Ubisoft Dessert recipes
Day 20 (13/12) : Ghost Recon GIFs
Day 21 (14/12) : Wallpaper for mobile
Day 22 (15/12) : Free Prince of Persia on PC
Day 23 (16/12) : Free Rayman Legends on PC​​
Day 24 (17/12) : Free Splinter Cell on PC​
Day 25 (18/12) : Free The Crew on PC​

Day 26 (19/12) : Rayman GIF
Day 27 (20/12) : Steep GIF
Day 28 (21/12) : Exclusive 2017 Digital Holiday Cards
Day 29 (22/12) : Ubi30 Wallpaper
Day 30 (23/12) : Ubisoft Holiday decorations

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/5eneuh/ubisoftuplay_30_days_of_gifts/

Those two I'd play only if they paid me.

However, Valkyria Chronicles is mere 5€ on that site. If someone still holds the dark secret of not having this game in their collection, I'm not sure what's the wait for. Dying before playing this gem is an unforgivable sin! So buy it already.
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/valkyria-chronicles

EDIT:
Seems the site farted currently probably because of too many visitors, try later.

Doom is pretty good. Definitely worth playing if you enjoy shooters.

I just got a new Dualshock 4 gamepad from Walmart for $39+tax. Pretty good considering they're normally $59.99 and almost never go on sale. That price is for today only, and the Xbox controllers are also on sale if you prefer those. Best Buy, Gamestop, etc, have the same sale price.

Those two I'd play only if they paid me.

However, Valkyria Chronicles is mere 5€ on that site. If someone still holds the dark secret of not having this game in their collection, I'm not sure what's the wait for. Dying before playing this gem is an unforgivable sin! So buy it already.
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/valkyria-chronicles

EDIT:
Seems the site farted currently probably because of too many visitors, try later.

I am sorry, but I could never in a million years enjoy a game combining anime and WW2-era elements. No.

I am sorry, but I could never in a million years enjoy a game combining anime and WW2-era elements. No.
I'm sorry for your loss.
Then again, I don't remember godlike creatures in history classes about WW2, we've probably played a different game.

Doom is pretty good. Definitely worth playing if you enjoy shooters.
Nah. That'd be Far Cry 3. Doom is a game for those who enjoy as short as possible games while occupying as much as possible HDD space.

Speaking of FC3, Deluxe edition ofc, it is currently 7.5€ on both Steam and uPlay.

Also a few notes on Saints Row 4. The workshop issue got patched fast and the game is so far awsome (10 hours). I still can't believe noone hit me in the head with it before. The game is totally crazy and I just can't stop playing it.
Storywise crazy of course. Couldn't care less for gameplay as I'm not playing it on rubbish hardware - that part is something others who played it should talk about. All I know is that it's fluid and feels well designed.
Graphics is far below TW3 level, but I'll be fair and forgive it as it came from consoles where one can't expect miracles. At least there is no motion blur rubbish.

Last edited:
That Gothic sale is straight up awesome, for like four dollars you are going to be gaming for six months straight. Nice!

Means all the Gothic boxes I have will start heading towards E-Bay
I picked up Empyrion-Galactic survival for 10 bucks because I have been watching it progress and I have heard nothing but good things about it. I am also looking at the Homeworld remastered series which I never played and I can get all of it with the new land based prequel that came out this year.
Also...... Spiderweb game ads are plastered all over the Steam sale. I have never played them and I am wondering how well they hold up today on modern systems? Cheap enough to get the whole bundle.

Means all the Gothic boxes I have will start heading towards E-Bay
I picked up Empyrion-Galactic survival for 10 bucks because I have been watching it progress and I have heard nothing but good things about it. I am also looking at the Homeworld remastered series which I never played and I can get all of it with the new land based prequel that came out this year.
Also…… Spiderweb game ads are plastered all over the Steam sale. I have never played them and I am wondering how well they hold up today on modern systems? Cheap enough to get the whole bundle.

Regarding Spiderweb: Personally I'd go for the "newest Generation" which is Avernum 1 and 2, and Avadon 1,2,3.
Graphics are ok, sound is horrible in all of these games.
Avernum 1 is my favorite so far (159h played).
Avernum 2 was still great (137h played).

Avadon 1 (102h played) had a nice story, but the optional companion quests were artificially implemented. The ending was somewhat disconnected with the choices you previously made.
Avadon 2 (82h played) was the easiest of all of them (all played on max difficulty) due to the imbalanced new class "tinkerer". Still a nice game, but it was lacking a bit of a challenge.
This challenge thingy was hopefully fixed in Avadon 3 which I didn't play yet.

Also…… Spiderweb game ads are plastered all over the Steam sale. I have never played them and I am wondering how well they hold up today on modern systems? Cheap enough to get the whole bundle.

Get them all. They hold up well if you aren't overly concerned about graphics or sound design. Everything else that's important in an RPG is there, with the highlights being excellent atmospheric writing (like reading a good book that sparks your imagination), lots of great exploration, turn-based, challenging combat, and all the other aspects that an old-school pen-and-paper style PC RPG has.

Don't skip Nethergate: Resurrection, either. This one seems to get overlooked but it's very good as well.

Recently played Avernum: Escape From the Pit and it's also excellent. If you start with that one it wouldn't be a bad move.

Also…… Spiderweb game ads are plastered all over the Steam sale. I have never played them and I am wondering how well they hold up today on modern systems?

The looks the same as it did back then. ;) Turn based + 2d arts doesn't really deteriorate with time per see. The older games UI might feel a bit dated though.

Get the whole bundle, it's a good deal for these games.

If you're not playing it because of that, you're missing on a great game. But I've been playing JRPGs for like 15 years so it luckily doesn't affect me, in fact in my top 5 list of RPGs, at least 3 if not 4 are JRPGs.

Valkyria Chronicles is ok, but it tends to get a little overhyped around here imo. I played and finished it, but I wouldn't replay it. The combat is pretty good, but the story and characters have a very strong anime flavor that didn't do much for me.

Bundlestars is offering prices I haven't seen lower on Arkham Knight and Doom.

Also worth noting is they have a discount code BLACKFRIDAY11 that nets an additional 11% discount, making Doom ~$17, for example. Which was an easy grab for me :)

Did they watermaster trashmobs so they don't respawn endlessly after being cleared?

Back
Top Bottom