Your favourite weapon in an RPG?

Double-bladed, two-handed axes in any game ever. I love that despite being relatively ineffective and certainly unwieldy weapons, they're often the most destructive weapon in heroic fantasy.

Second place goes to the triple crossbow in UVII - I had so much fun with that as a kid. A weapon that makes the game a cakewalk but randomly kills all allies? Yes please!

My top 3 of weapons in a CRPG that I have played:
1. The Aikurn Sword - Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption

2. The Dragon Tooth - Deus Ex

3. Carsomyr, The Holy Avenger - Baldur's Gate II - Shadows of Amn

All swords - so cliché, I know. But what do you expect from a player who nearly always plays a Paladin?

Top choice is the Super Sedgehammer in the original Fallout. So satisfying when you get a critical hit, knocking your enemy to the floor and sending them sliding sloooowly across the screen to collapse in a pool of blood. :) Honourable mention to any ranged weapon in the same game, just for the comedy gold of when you do a critical miss and accidentally a) spray loads of random friendlies with bullets or b) melt your only friend and companion with a plasma gun. Brutal. So many reloads, so much fun!

It's going to sound pathetic, but my favorite weapon was one I either bought or crafted in NWN2 for Bishop. I remember it was a dagger with permanent coating of poison. I was back then a teen and had a big crush on Bishop, and I was pretty pissed when he
betrayed our party and walked away with my present

All other weapons were less memorable. I'm surprised you guys remember how they were called.

Short Sword of Ykesha. Yak or SSoY for short. Camped for it very early on in EQ and got it after waiting for it to drop after 10 hours. There were better weapons but this was the first magic sword my warrior got and was very excited at the time.

Also, loved some of the weapons you could make in Knights of the Chalice.

Wasn't there a dagger in Wizardry 1 that was called the Thiefs Dagger? Could turn your thief into a ninja. I thought that was cool as hell when I was like 11 :)

nvm. I misread the title. I gotta think on this.

A great thread but since I am not as big on combat I don't recall any weapons that meant anything to me. Generically speaking Daggers and Swords are my favorite weapons of choice. Usually dual wielding daggers or a great 2-handed sword.

I enjoy weapons with history and lore, as well as equipment, but I don't recall a single one that stands out in memory. I am sure I had favorites but it would have been any "good" weapon that was either a sword or dagger.

YouTube embeds never work for me, either, except on the front page. If you View Source and find the code for it (e.g. 4vCdRo3xzBM) then use that code to search on YouTube, it will pop right up.

In Witcher 3 I used that shovel from Hearts of Stone for a long time. It was ugly, didn't have a fancy name, didn't take any crafting, and wasn't really the goal of a quest but it healed me as it hit. I would just pound away and get back enough health to make up for the damage I took! The Lady of the Lake finally convinced me to put it away. I wasn't happy that the sword mounts in my manor wouldn't display it.

That talky sword in the NWN expansion.

Also, every prot warrior in WoW remembers their first Quel'Serrar.

You mean, Enserric? :p

I never played prot warrior in WoW so the name Quel'Serrar doesn't ring the bell but sounds like it's a drop from Sunwell?

I already posted a while ago - all my favourite weapons are from BG2 but I also liked a few from WoW too like Golden Staff of the Sin'dorei (yes, I play lots of female belfs :p)

You mean, Enserric? :p

I never played prot warrior in WoW so the name Quel'Serrar doesn't ring the bell but sounds like it's a drop from Sunwell?

I already posted a while ago - all my favourite weapons are from BG2 but I also liked a few from WoW too like Golden Staff of the Sin'dorei (yes, I play lots of female belfs :p)

Yes! Enserric!

Quel'Serrar was from vanilla. You'd get a book drop in Dire Maul that started a quest chain ending with placing an unforged blade in the ground when you fought the dragon Onyxia. Then she'd let out a flaming breath, it would forge the sword:

1quel.jpg

I remember the Ripper rather fondly from Fallout 2.
latest

The Ripper vibroblade has a number of steel teeth that rotate at an extremely fast pace. This allows the Ripper to easily cut through a target's flesh and bone. It has excellent damage statistics and is one of the best melee weapons available. However, to operate the Ripper, small energy cells are required.

So many good weapons from bg2 it is hard to pick one but I liked the Flail of Ages quite alot. Great to kill trolls or just to suss out an opponents immunities.
latest

The Flail of Ages +3 is an enchanted flail with three heads. The weapon inflicts 1d6 +3 points of damage with addition + 1 point of acid, fire and cold damage from the heads and it may slow down enemies hit by the weapon. Because the weapon deals fire and acid damage, it can be used to kill trolls, which can't be killed without dealing fire or acid damage.

If I had to pick one from bg it would be the cursed sword of berserking because I liked the story around it and found it useful in the final battle because a berserked character has many immunities.
latest

Two-handed Sword, Cursed Berserking +3 is a cursed two-handed sword which bestows the wielder the status effect of berserk. It has a +3 bonus to THAC0 and damage, but it has the same weight and speed factor of normal two-handed sword. It is a powerful weapon, but the character wielder of the sword can't use any other weapons until the Remove Curse spell is used upon him/her.

Story wise, holy avenger from Icewind Dale II. Cliche, but it works.
Gameplay...half the weapons from Severance. Move sets were really something.
And whole damn lot from Diablo II.

Aestethics? Those demon hunter blades from Warcraft.

Murasma blade, and Blade Cuisinart, both from the Wizardry series. Honorable mention to some sick looking club that my ogre wields to this day from Arcanum.

I was always fond to the magical returning throwing axes in U7.

I think you meant Baldur's Gate 2, unless it's in IWD 2 as well. I don't remember that though.

It is in IWD2. I believe it comes from the graveyard towards the end of the game.

There's one in IWD1 as well. They're both well hidden Easter Eggs that you likely wont find without a walkthrough.

Interesting. I wonder if it's the same sword from BG2 or a different sword with the same name.

*Edit* Different swords.

I have two favorites. Won't disclose games where those appear, it's just I didn't expect those to exist in there, both basically broke game rules:
Entropic blade and Operator's staff.

Back
Top Bottom