Mass Effect: Andromeda - Can't be fixed

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Guilded is sceptical about the likelihood of Mass Effect: Andromeda getting fixed completely:

BioWare Can't Patch What Sucks About Mass Effect: Andromeda

A lot has been said of Mass Effect: Andromeda in the past few weeks. Whether it’s goofy saddle walk cycles, tired faces, or awkwardly forthcoming trans characters, BioWare’s latest has had its fair share of humiliation since release. And while the Canadian RPG gurus have promised to patch the more laughable issues plaguing Andromeda’s launch, there’s no getting around the fact that this isn’t the game players expected.

[...]

SCOPE & EXPLORATION

Once players get past the technical disappointments in the game’s opening hours, Andromeda’s most glaring and omnipresent problem begins to come into focus: its scope. While the game BioWare promised was grand and sprawling, the game players get is anything but. You’d think a new galaxy would have more than two new alien races, but you’d be wrong. In fact, it’s even worse than it sounds, because Andromeda actually rejects the opportunity to mine its catalog of races by cutting all but four of the classic aliens from the game.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Excellent Review! Spot on! But, to be fair, we had a warning, BioWare committed DAI before. Lo and behold, we still chose to believe than this kind of people could do something even average.

inquisition might be mmoesque but its decent and compared to this piece of shit a masterpiece

In fact, it’s even worse than it sounds, because Andromeda actually rejects the opportunity to mine its catalog of races by cutting all but four of the classic aliens from the game.

Less is more.

Stopped at that story of two races.
Even before the release, players demanded races from the MW to be imported. They wanted the hanars, the vorchas, the drells etc in

Bioware anticipated the demand, some species had to yield.

The game has it's share of issues ( and perhaps wrong direction), but this really only proves Internet bandwagon mentality.

Share of issues is Boring, dull, badly executed and relies solely on its name to do its sales.

I'm currently playing ME:A and though I'm certainly not a fan of Bioware, and do hate the combat changes making it an action game, I think the game is excellent, I'm loving it. Sure, sometimes I see the running animation a bit awkward, and the 'duck mouth' is a bit bigger that it should be, and the game does have its fair share of bugs (none game-breaking so far), but in spite of that, the game is great. I've been playing and enjoying it for about 78 hours so far, shouldn't be much longer to finish it now (colonized the colonizable worlds, just need to finish a few loyalty quests, go one so-called 'new world' (not sure how long that'll take) and then go for the big baddie).

I wish it had, say, Mass Effect 2 combat, but other than that, I fully recommend it.

I enjoyed DAI even though it wasn't exactly what I wanted out of a DA series game.

I never could really get into any of the ME games because I think the combat is weak and the RPG systems are weak, and Andromeda feels the same with one of the worst UIs ever created to top it off.

Well I've had this game on the backburner but, after reading few articles like this one, it's in the freezer now...

MEA is really really boring. Inquisition was very MMO-like, but at least it had cool characters and the areas weren't so damn boring and empty (or maybe I wasn't so sick of AAA RPGs before The Witcher 3 was released).

Playing and mostly enjoying MEA but there is a lot of truth to the article. This is why I buy all my new release games at 25-30% discount through Green Man, etc. Softens the blow for me knowing I didn't pay $60.

Scope is a problem in a game that's bigger than ME1-3 combined? The only AAA RPGs that are bigger than MEA are various Elder Scrolls games and The Witcher 3..

It doesn't have to be a contradiction Maylander. Universe is HUGE but mostly empy. So ME:A's scope might be bigger but (from what I'm reading) it appears that big chunks of it are filled with fedex side quests, repeatable contents and nothing much sprinkled with the (very) occasional good bits.
Some of the things described in the article are just incomprehensible to me… No storage space on a fricking SPACESHIP? Only 3 active abilities slots? You can’t equip weapons from your inventory? No tracking of the materials needed for any given project? R&D Terminal on the other side of the ship than Loadout Station? etc., etc., etc.

It doesn't have to be a contradiction Maylander. Universe is HUGE but mostly empy. So ME:A's scope might be bigger but (from what I'm reading) it appears that big chunks of it are filled with fedex side quests, repeatable contents and nothing much sprinkled with the (very) occasional good bits.
Even so, it's bigger in every way than the previous ME games. ME1 is the only one that's heavier on the story/lore.

Some of the things described in the article are just incomprehensible to me… No storage space on a fricking SPACESHIP?
There is no system for putting objects into containers at all. There wasn't in ME1-3 either. This is no different. The "inventory" is actually on the ship; you only carry the actual load out + consumables.

Only 3 active abilities slots?
Yes, but with four different profiles that you can set up, so it's 12 in total.

You can’t equip weapons from your inventory?
I think the reviewer has misunderstood a great deal. The "inventory" is stored aboard the ship (see above). Your load out is carried around (only a few weapons + consumables). You can change load out at certain stations that are sent down from the ship (where you can basically ask for a new load out).

No tracking of the materials needed for any given project?
There's tracking. No idea what this is about. Maybe a console bug?

R&D Terminal on the other side of the ship than Loadout Station?
Other side of the ship? There's one hallway and a door between them. It takes 10 seconds or something to run to it.

ok that clears it up. Thanks!

That article is one huge bullshit.
ME4 is not a perfect game, but it can be fixed to be nearperfect. With a simple norespawn mod and SkyUI reworked for this game mod.

But no, according to the article author it can't be fixed because you have to walk between two consoles because… You just have to do all stuff onboard the ship, walk forward and walk backward, I mean why would you use both R&D and loadout on planet surfaces' frontbases it's stupid, no you need desperately to pass the ship boarding loadscreen, do some walking similator stuff, then go through loadscreen again and return to a planet.

The media first crowned a grinder/filler DA3 as GOTY and now are spitting on irrelevant things in the same godlike bears design. Hypocrites, each and every single one of them. Or are just blind. Or… Okay I won't insult, I'm not saying they're stupid to realize what's bugging them is meaningless timewaste grinding.

Finally my opinion and surely those of the ME1-3 developers and Julian Gollop gained traction:
"BioWare Can't Patch What Sucks About Mass Effect: Andromeda"
:D

The BioWare trolls are in full force on the official ME forum, as usual. I saw another busy post discussing what everyone wants in the ME:A sequel. Based on the reception and presumed poor sales figures, do you think there will be a sequel?

Back
Top Bottom