11 days to Grimoire release. Yay.

From: http://twocredits.co/columns/grimoi...test-delay-one-decades-worth-broken-promises/

A non-comprehensive list of previously promised release dates I dug up:
Sometime in 2003 (promised via Grimoire website)
October 2004 (via Grimoire website and again on Grimoire website)
“Mid 2005” (via Grimoire website)
July 2008 (promised via Grimoire website)
“Fall 2010” (via Grimoire website)
May 2013 (promised via Indiegogo)
May 31, 2014 (as promised on Indiegogo)
May 29th, 2017 (as promised on Greenlight)
July 7, 2017 (as promised via Steam page, reported on at TechRaptor, PCGamer, among others)

pibbur who makes no promises

EDIT: This message from the Steam Forum is kind of cute: "You do know the original Release date was back to something like 2014, right ?"

I like this one

Scratchy 6 hours ago said:
Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar might be the best text based games I've encountered so far. I had LOTS of fun reading about it

XD

From: http://twocredits.co/columns/grimoi...test-delay-one-decades-worth-broken-promises/

A non-comprehensive list of previously promised release dates I dug up:
Sometime in 2003 (promised via Grimoire website)
October 2004 (via Grimoire website and again on Grimoire website)
“Mid 2005” (via Grimoire website)
July 2008 (promised via Grimoire website)
“Fall 2010” (via Grimoire website)
May 2013 (promised via Indiegogo)
May 31, 2014 (as promised on Indiegogo)
May 29th, 2017 (as promised on Greenlight)
July 7, 2017 (as promised via Steam page, reported on at TechRaptor, PCGamer, among others)

pibbur who makes no promises

Don't forget Halloween 1997

Where did you find that? I found something from 1997 that sounds like Cleve but it didn't site a source. Its difficult to find stuff from the 1990's.

What did Myrth say, our first article on it was 2001. Was there anything in Blinkingdot?

Where did you find that? I found something from 1997 that sounds like Cleve but it didn't site a source. Its difficult to find stuff from the 1990's.

What did Myrth say, our first article on it was 2001. Was there anything in Blinkingdot?

Someone posted some Usenet extracts on the Codex thread, seems to check out from what I've been able to find in the Google archives. I think the Halloween 1997 release promise was a fairly big thing and he was reminded about it for years.

29/8/97
Neil Fradkin wrote:
> Bring on the Grimoire epoch ( 5 days!!)

The whole pointless flamewar aside, I though the game was going to be
publicly available on Sept. 1? What is the new release date?

1/9/97
Cleve Blakemore wrote:
> The whole pointless flamewar aside, I though the game was going to be
> publicly available on Sept. 1? What is the new release date?

October 31st ... HALLOWEEN ... (eerie John Carpenter tune starts to play
in background, Neil breaks out in cold beads of sweat on his forehead in
terror thinking about how awesome final product is going to be)

2/9/97
Neil Fradkin wrote:
> October 31st ... HALLOWEEN ... (eerie John Carpenter tune starts to play
> in background, Neil breaks out in cold beads of sweat on his forehead in
> terror thinking about how awesome final product is going to be)

I can't ask a simple question without you crazed obsession over me
kicking in, please just forget my name. Why the hell would I be scared
of grimoire? I didn't start a thread saying, "Grimoire, the reaming
ceremony begins", and harp on about your missed released date. All I
did was nicely ask when it would be out, but you can't resist the need
to make it personal. I disagreed with your posts, now you have made me
your nemisis in your mind. Get over it and act like an adult.
If it's an awesome game, I'll be happy, despite your crazed arrogance.

You have to salute the sharpness of those Codex cats. Nothing gets past those degenerates.

Cleve seems to be back to his usual disappear mode, where he just vanishes for awhile and ignores everyone after one of his claims is proven to be untrue. As epic as his trolling is, it also gets kind of predictable after awhile.

Another comment on Steam:

"I think I finally understand what Grimoire is…it's not some old-school RPG, it's actually an ARG, and we're playing it right now, with all this back-and-forth drama and whatnot, and it's been going on for 20+ years! Grimoire is simply the background lore. We're already in the game, people! WE'RE ALREADY PLAYING THE GAME!!"

pibbur who thinks that unlike that queen he is slightly amused and is aware that the related quote attributed to the queen is actually not attributed to the queen but incorrectly attributde to the queen

There's also this one: "This is a lie but I believe it."

Last edited:
Holy crap.
It just released! You can now buy it on Steam. 70mb download apparently.
Look forward to the reviews!

Gotta start selling winter coats in hell, hell has frozen over!

I was on Usenet when Cleveland Mark Blakemore posted all those years ago. I can't believe the game actually released. This is bigger than the Cubs winning the series after 108 years!

...okay only in Cleve's miniscule mind, but still!

Man that is a high price, $35.99. Don't think I can support him unless people here just love the game. It's the kind of game I would usually buy.

Well $35.99 for 20+ years of work seems like a steal. He should charge $10 for every year he worked on it. :)

Last edited:
...............wow

I'm tempted, but there's quite a few bug reports already appearing in the Steam forum. I'm going to wait a while and see which way the general feeling is going.

Wow, I was not expecting to log on and see that! Still kind of unclear what state the game is in though, initial reports suggest pretty major bugs, frequent crashes, and poor UI. But I guess we were kind of expecting that after the demo. I guess we just have to wait until people have had time to play it to see if there is a real game underneath that.

Wow, I was not expecting to log on and see that! Still kind of unclear what state the game is in though, initial reports suggest pretty major bugs, frequent crashes, and poor UI. But I guess we were kind of expecting that after the demo. I guess we just have to wait until people have had time to play it to see if there is a real game underneath that.

Other thread is saying Windows 10 issues?

Back
Top Bottom