The Mandate - Dead in the Water?

Isn't this the KS that had the guy pledge 1000 (or so) bucks and then backed out right after they reached their goal. And the development team got so mad that they put the fake KS backer in the game as one of the evil villains????

Failing to make a game happens. Failing to even post on the boards with an apology, though, and leaving the fans to look up the legal documents!? That's another level of failure.

Kinda premature to say "they never posted that it was dead" when, for all we know, they might not consider it dead. What you're reading is just speculation based on a company dissolving. It's quite possible there's some members of the game's team out there still holding out hope they'll make it happen eventually in some form.

Don't get me wrong though, personally I don't expect to ever see it released.

I suppose a dead forum, scrubbed info, personal contacts removed, expired DNS host on email addresses, no answer via LinkedIn, deleted twitter and facebook accounts mayyyyyy just be premature.

On the other hand, just cause Cleve took 20 years and then came through, I'm not giving that benefit to everyone else for the rest of time.

Forum isn't dead, it's still up and running. There is speculation that its domain name registration won't be renewed later in August when it comes due, but it's just speculation.

The point is, as long as there's one team member who's still trying to make the game happen, nobody's going to post that it's dead. Because it's not…technically. And to post that it's dead when there's someone still holding out hope would just be rude.

But sure, it would make sense to at least post an update about the company now being out of business. (Assuming that is actually true)

If you start scrubbing contact info from the Web, you should put out a statement letting people -- you know, the people who gave you $700k -- know what the hell is going on. Don't be so chicken shit. Hiding isn't going to help.

The writing was on the wall when they brought in the arse-kicking axe man who looked like he stepped out of a Molly Hatchet video. Shame, though. It was a good idea.

Whining articles about this particular MMO vaporware surface every now and then.
For all I know there is absolutely no MMO project from Kickstarter that turned out a positive example, yet only Mandate is brought up frequently. Not sure why.

But whatever. Anyone who wants to see this case repeated, do back more MMOs please.

The Mandate wasn't anything even remotely close to an MMO...

Sure.

In Joxer's opinion, every game which failed its Kickstarter = game is/was MMO. Even if it isn't. Go figure!

In Joxer's opinion, every game which failed its Kickstarter = game is/was MMO. Even if it isn't. Go figure!
No.
Most are phonegame. You sure that needs figuring? :evilgrin:

No.
Most are phonegame. You sure that needs figuring? :evilgrin:

Ok Joxer, my bad here. Semantics!

In your eyes, phonegames, MMOs, they all share the same, failed DNA, right?

Company was registered in Luxembourg and was closed down the 30.06.2017

Perihelion Interactive S.à r.l.
B192315
Information
Trade name(s) or trading name(s)
Perihelion Interactive S.à r.l. Registered office
48, Boulevard Grande-Duchesse Charlotte
L - 1330 Luxembourg Registration date
03/12/2014 Legal form
Société à responsabilité limitée Disclosure of the domiciliation agreement
The domiciliatory Exequtive Management S.à r.l. discloses that the domiciliation agreement ended. The effectiveness and obligations of the agreement therefore stop upon filing of the disclosure with the Luxembourg Trade and Company Register, which is on 30/06/2017.

Registre de Commerce et des Sociétés :
https://www.rcsl.lu/mjrcs/jsp/DisplayConsultDetailCompanyActionNotSecured.action?id=B192315

When they wound up the company, I wonder if they disclosed the $700K of unmet liabilities.

Ok Joxer, my bad here. Semantics!

In your eyes, phonegames, MMOs, they all share the same, failed DNA, right?

Games cannot share DNA, CEOs can. Failed DNA CEOs praise and bless:
phonegames, MMOs, season passes, gambling falsely advertised as videogames, taxfree virtual currencies and generally pay2win/pay2cheat/lootboxes microtransactions.

I'm actually agreeing with Joxer. This was going to be an MMO in the end. It was advertised as a 6 player Steam game where you could recieve alerts from your friends and jump into their world to help them.
The second this got any traction they would have shifted to MMO. If you read forums they were talking about persistant shared world etc.

Yeah, indeed. It started as a pure SP (and I backed it at that time) and they started to add MP more and more. They could barely cope with a SP game and they certainly had not the technical resources for a MP.
The videos they were showing were underwhelming to say the least.
As every time in this kind of context, you started to get those Faithfuls promising a burning at the stake to everyone not believing the Word of the Dev.
You have to love Cognitive Dissonance.

When they wound up the company, I wonder if they disclosed the $700K of unmet liabilities.

EuroVideo was the game's publisher, and they're still in business. The backers are never going to see a single dime of their money returned to them, but the people who pre-ordered the game should try contacting EuroVideo about a refund.

edit: This page is still accepting pre-orders for the game, sent via PayPal to Perihelion Interactive. Since Perihelion Interactive has officially closed its doors, leaving that site up is really scummy.

And the pre-orders on that site are officially declared as "Donations", so you can't get a refund on those orders either.

Last edited:
Well, i am glad that i did not support this puppy. It had interesting idea, but my feel was that it was overambitious for the asked money.

But, seriously, closing doors without a notice and leaving the pre-order page is kind of scummy.

Back
Top Bottom