Divinity 2: Original Sin: Which companions for story

Lannister

Watchdog
Hey there,

I recently started divbinity original sin 2 and I am quite enamored. Right now I am at Fort Joy and I don?t know which companions to take with me in my party.. I am playing a human paladin/knight.... I read somewhere that some companions are better story/lorewise while others don`t....

Do you have any recommendations on which companions to take ? As stated above for my optimal RPG experience I want to experience story/lore; I do not look for Optimization/power Gaming....

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Fane would be my pick as a must have. He has a big role in the story. I think I took the Red prince and Lohse and they had okay stories too. My main was a ranger with the Ifan background.

I switched in Sebille and Beast when needed so I still got a good chunk of their stories as well. I think at some point they get locked out (Final act?) and you can't use them if they aren't in your main party.

I think they are locked out earlier, after you leave the first island (Fort Joy).

Definitely Fame for the story and humour, and the Red Prince is interesting too (but quite haughty). Ifan is handy but I found him a little more cliché, though definitely not bad.

I was playing Sebille, but I've heard people in general preferred the other companions to her.

Anyway, you can change your party as often as you like in the first chapter, so it's a good idea to get a feeling of who they are.

Hey , thanky ou for your opinion, So I`ll probably take fane and lohse but i am kind of torn between the red prince and ifan......

Back
Top Bottom