Dragon's Dogma 2 - Review @ C4G

Another shill hard recommending Dragon Dogma 2 just because it's by far the best ARPG since Elden Ring, ignoring the fact that you can spend $2 on Rift Crystals and potentially drive your household into ruin. Bunch of immoral degenerates.

Last edited:
Try to look at the positive side. At least she stopped parroting "BG3 is the best crpg of all time, and anyone who doesn't agree must be a loser who hates Larian!" with every post.

Try to look at the positive side. At least she stopped parroting "BG3 is the best crpg of all time, and anyone who doesn't agree must be a loser who hates Larian!" with every post.
There must be some therapeutic value behind. At least thats how I tend to explain it to myself.

I really like this reviewer a lot. His voice is so soothing :)
I keep thinking I missed something in regards to the game not hooking me in. I think it's the Action Role Playing elements that might be pushing me away, coupled with the need for a controller for optimal playing.
The last game that drew me in for hours was BG3, damn - I wish Obsidian was working on another Isometric RTWP game rather than the Action oriented Avowed (from what I can see in the gameplay thus far).

Sad to hear that the game didn't grab you, it's definitely not going to be all that attractive for people who are not into action combat. If you enjoyed BG3, give a try to Owlcat games, they are all really good, in similar style. Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader will all keep you hooked for many hours!

I can't think of any games similar to those coming this year, at least none of similar scope, but there's always hidden gems here and there (for example, I'm playing now the Geneforge remastered games). Unfortunately Obsidian has given up on CRPGs it seems, despite Pillars of Eternity games being both really good.

I can't think of any games similar to those coming this year, at least none of similar scope, but there's always hidden gems here and there (for example, I'm playing now the Geneforge remastered games). Unfortunately Obsidian has given up on CRPGs it seems, despite Pillars of Eternity games being both really good.
I don't think any games similar, and of similar scope, to BG3 or Kingmaker/WotR/RT have even been announced as of yet :LOL: There's literally nothing we know of right now...

Sad to hear that the game didn't grab you, it's definitely not going to be all that attractive for people who are not into action combat. If you enjoyed BG3, give a try to Owlcat games, they are all really good, in similar style. Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader will all keep you hooked for many hours!

Yes I'm already a big fan of Owlcat games. When they first came on the scene I was a little apprehensive that they would make something of sufficient quality, but happy to say I was proved wrong, and wrong (POTR was amazing) again.
As for Geneforge, it's not really my cup of tea, but I did like the original exile games.
It certainly seems to me that it is indeed going to be a dry year for rpgs. I mean, I wouldn't expect Dragon's Dogma to be game of the year material - but looking at the rest of the year, it may just be that.
I've gone back to playing BG3 in the meantime, there's still so much to see and do, even after 100 hours.
I do so hope that we get some kind of remaster treatment for Dragon Age Origins, that would make my day (and year).

Back
Top Bottom