Honkai: Star Rail - Version 2.1 released

The main story became more and more disturbing ... and this is its second part.

I fell off the train (tee hee) when the grinding got really tight and I started to feel the "urge" to pay some money to progress, but I enjoyed the story in Honkai for the while I played.

Could do with less "waifu" feeling, but I can't fight the target audience the game is made for. I still appreciated the art style, the story and the combat.

I'm not the right person to judge, but there's a lot of "husbando" material in the game as well :)

The Penacony story arc is at its core a cosmic detective story with exuberand imagination and sci-fi thrown in. I like it so far. @Alrik Fassbauer Keep in mind not everyone is dead for real in a dream world.

The grinding is manageable if you concentrate character development on a few (8-12) good characters.

The grinding is manageable if you concentrate character development on a few (8-12) good characters.
Yes, I do so nowadays, trying to catch all major weaknesses in bosses. It is difficult to decide which character to take against which boss, though.
I'm so much glad that I got Bailu as a healer so early in the game. Her ability to revive party members is imho priceless.

Well, I must admit that I played through the story when the theme of remembering was very much prominent for me. When I browsed through old items in boxes at that time, I found items I had taken and kept from my grandparents - in some cases just for the sake of remembrance. Old letters, even old toys, from I don't know whom. Old photos showing relatives whom I knew, but who are dead for decades now.

A really sad story was that of Coconia, an NPC. I could resonate so much with her struggles, and at the same time I instantly knew what I had to do - because I had experienced some parts of it myself, in person.
Her story is really, really grim. And it requires a LOT of effort to bring it to an "happy end" - which is possible. But it shows also, how demanding the Real World can be. (One name : Robert Enke.)

Back
Top Bottom