HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couchpotato spotted a new devlog for the roguelike Stoneshard:

Devlog: Denbrie and Global Map Changes

Hello everyone!

Today's devlog is dedicated to changes to the global map and a new settlement of the Grand Magistrate - Denbrie! Let's tackle it one thing at a time.

Denbrie

"By the time the truce was settled, Denbrie had already been turned into ruins. The Council's army razed this quiet fishing village twice: first during their initial advance, and then - while retreating from their defeat under the walls of Brynn.

Right now the only thing keeping this settlement afloat is the garrison sent here by the Magistrate to oversee its western border."

Side note: the list of planned settlements present in the current version of the game is no longer relevant and will be updated in Rags to Riches.

Denbrie is situated in the south-western region of the Brynn March and will be the third and final village of the Grand Magistrate. Its few remaining inhabitants - a couple fishermen and a merchant, who was driven insane by the horrors of war, eke out a miserable, poverty-stricken existence. The only reason why Denbrie still exists is its salt-producing infrastructure, which is being slowly rebuilt by workers from Brynn.

The close vicinity to the Magistrate's borders makes Denbrie an important strategic spot, vital for controlling large swaths of the borderlands - this duty is performed by a squad of soldiers stationed in the village's crumbling chapel. At the same time, the garrison is woefully understaffed and is struggling to maintain order, so the local captain will eagerly accept any help.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Feels like this game has been in Early Access or an eternity, and the reviews are not so great. Too bad, because it looked good at first.

Feels like this game has been in Early Access or an eternity, and the reviews are not so great. Too bad, because it looked good at first.
Agree, it has a cute/fun art style.

Indeed, it's been in EA for quite a long time. I remember the prologue demo seeming promising, but according to Steam I played that back in February 2020.

I think they had a bit of a rocky time due to what's happening in Ukraine, but seem to be active again.
Just noticed they've got nearly 25,000 reviews, how many have they actually sold ? (I already own it) not bad going for a relatively unknown EA title.

Back
Top Bottom