The TV Series discussion thread

It's the same ship in Prometheus and Covenant (David and Elizabeth Shaw escape in it at the end of Prometheus and land on the planet in Covenant, but it never leaves that planet) but yeah, it can get confusing especially because all the planets are named LV-(numbers)
There's also the ship that crashed near the end, in Prometheus. But after checking again, the environment is completely different than the 1979 Alien's planet (which is apparently close to the other one, and which already interested Weyland because of that transmission they caught, according to the lore).

There's also the ship that crashed near the end, in Prometheus. But after checking again, the environment is completely different than the 1979 Alien's planet (which is apparently close to the other one, and which already interested Weyland because of that transmission they caught, according to the lore).
That particular piece of lore reads more like fan fiction/speculation to me.

That particular piece of lore reads more like fan fiction/speculation to me.
It apparently comes from a Blu-Ray menu (image [6] - yeah, that reference's only on the Wayback Machine now) which gives it some sort of legitimacy. I don't own the BR, though, so I didn't check.

I just found it amusing, nothing more.

78HS0a5.png

Interesting. Who is watching this stuff ... I thought Big Bang Theory had a serious drop in viewship towards the final seasons, no?
So who's watching a spin-off of that.

Interesting. Who is watching this stuff ... I thought Big Bang Theory had a serious drop in viewship towards the final seasons, no?
I think I may have watched one episode of the spin-off, out of curiosity. I've enjoyed BBT for a while, but I need to be in the right mood to watch something casual like that, and the new series didn't really hook me.

I think I may have watched one episode of the spin-off, out of curiosity. I've enjoyed BBT for a while, but I need to be in the right mood to watch something casual like that, and the new series didn't really hook me.
I also liked the first 2-3 seasons of BBT. But then it kind of fell off a cliff. It was also around the time when I noticed that most of the comedy was simply referencing geek-culture. Suddenly it felt very pandering.
And just out of curiosity, I also watched 1 episode of the spin-off. No pulse.

78HS0a5.png

I've never known anyone who watched The Big Bang Theory at any point during its run. Obviously a ton of people did, but we, uh, run in different circles. ;)

I saw episode of Fallout and thought it was pretty good. I think Lucy is nailing the character and I'm having a hard time understanding why people didn't like her.

I wish there was a show like 'Last of Us' that could get the whole family to watch together since my daughter's coming home for three weeks. There's just nothing my son wants to watch with me. Hopefully, season 2 will come out when we're all together.

I saw episode of Fallout and thought it was pretty good. I think Lucy is nailing the character and I'm having a hard time understanding why people didn't like her.
"This fictional person isn't making perfect decisions at all times, so I don't like them."

Seems like another example of that phenomenon. I'm also watching Fallout, and her character is great.

The last show I watched was Shogun, and complaints about Blackthorne "not doing anything" were common on the subreddit. As if they'd do better dropped in the middle of a complicated civil war, not understanding others and not being understood.

The last show I watched was Shogun, and complaints about Blackthorne "not doing anything" were common on the subreddit. As if they'd do better dropped in the middle of a complicated civil war, not understanding others and not being understood.
The last episode seemed very good to me. His reactions seemed natural, and he did what he could. Toranaga was quite cynical when he was talking about him at the end, which probably made him look more incompetent than he deserved.

The only (unimportant) question I keep asking myself is: why is Blackthorne's old self holding Mariko's crucifix at the beginning of that episode, since he and Fuji, his 'consort', dropped it into the sea?. Is there more to the story, did he somehow get it back? Anyway, not very important, and maybe just a mistake.

The only (unimportant) question I keep asking myself is: why is Blackthorne's old self holding Mariko's crucifix at the beginning of that episode, since he and Fuji, his 'consort', dropped it into the sea?. Is there more to the story, did he somehow get it back? Anyway, not very important, and maybe just a mistake.
I was momentarily confused by that too, until he dropped the crucifix into the ocean. That scene with the grandkids didn't actually happen. John Blackthorne never left Japan.

We just started 'Lessons in Chemistry' - I've heard others say it starts slow, but two episode in we've enjoyed it so far.

People didn't like her? Dayum. I still haven't finished it (away on holiday! weee), but my concerns pre-show were from seeing her in other stuff and not being sure if she was the right fit. Six episodes in and I think she's nailed being "naive but capable" and transforming to a less naive, survivor type.
The Steel Brotherhood dude, though... juries still out on that one.

Back
Top Bottom