News Section bug/thing

lackblogger

SasqWatch
With most (all) of the board, the thread starter is named underneath the thread title. In the news section the name under the title is the first responder.

What's up with that and is there anything that can be done about it?

I think the news threads are only created when a member comments on a newsbit. Then he is the thread's creator and the actual newsbit is added by the forum software.

Ah, I see. It doesn't really matter, but it's weird, if you know what I mean.

Actually it is kind of a bug, which I didn't solve as I think it looks better this way.

I have a bigger issue that when I am first commenter sometimes I am not automatically subscribed - or at least that used to be true - so I just have a habit of manually adding a subscription after commenting.

Actually it is kind of a bug, which I didn't solve as I think it looks better this way.
The bigger problem occurs when you browse the threads with Tapatalk (which I guess is quite common these days?):

The actual author of the first comment (2nd posting in the thread) is displayed as the author of the newsbit (1st posting in the thread) and vice versa. However the avatars are displayed correctly, meaning the author's name doesn't match the author's avatar.

For example in the thread RPGWatch - Gothic 2 D3D11 Renderer the alleged author of the newsbit (1st posting) is Corwin displayed with Couch's avatar, while the alleged author of the first comment (2nd posting) is Couch with Corwin's avatar.

That's not a show stopper but quite confusing. Depending on how many requests you get by Tapatalk you should perhaps fix it.

Back
Top Bottom