Witcher 3 So, 1.06 is out. Need advice.

The Witcher 3
D

DArtagnan

I can see 1.06 is out, fixing the mutagen/alchemy problem.

I'm thinking about taking a few days off to play this, but I'm not going to do it if I can expect to run into significant issues.

Can anyone who's completed it give me some idea of the issues that remain? Preferably someone who's observant and doesn't glaze over problems ;)

I guess it depends what you consider significant issues. Imo, there haven't been any since the first or second patch. The last few patches have basically just been about cleaning up minor annoyances.

My advice is to stop procrastinating and play the damn game. ;)

I guess it depends what you consider significant issues. Imo, there haven't been any since the first or second patch. The last few patches have basically just been about cleaning up minor annoyances.

My advice is to stop procrastinating and play the damn game. ;)

You're right, of course.

Looks like I can't take days off this week, as my coworkers are busy doing other stuff.

Guess next week is the answer :)

How come you're not done with it yet?

I was just kidding tbh. I'm actually not done yet, although I've done almost everything at this point. I could have finished it more than a week ago if I really wanted, but I've barely played it lately due to my new GF.

I doubt I'll post any kind of review though, as my thoughts on it don't differ much from what others have already said.

I was just kidding tbh. I'm actually not done yet, although I've done almost everything at this point. I could have finished it more than a week ago if I really wanted, but I've barely played it lately due to my new GF.

I doubt I'll post any kind of review though, as my thoughts on it don't differ much from what others have already said.

Ah, the good old girlfriend-to-game ratio balance.

I think I've gotten better at that, actually ;)

I can see 1.06 is out, fixing the mutagen/alchemy problem.

I'm thinking about taking a few days off to play this, but I'm not going to do it if I can expect to run into significant issues.

Can anyone who's completed it give me some idea of the issues that remain? Preferably someone who's observant and doesn't glaze over problems ;)

They haven't fixed the mutagen bug yet, after every load you still have to unequip them reequip the mutagens to correctly apply their bonus.

I haven't really played much since I want to play at 1440p but still deciding what graphics card (currently gtx 770) and monitor to buy! I hope prices drop later this week once AMD announces their new cards later today.

They haven't fixed the mutagen bug yet, after every load you still have to unequip them reequip the mutagens to correctly apply their bonus.

Are you sure it's not a UI issue? It usually is with this kind of bug. The numbers might not display correctly on the character screen, but it could be applied during combat anyway.

I just started it last weekend. Enjoying it quite a bit so far and still learning the ropes. I'm very picky on games I spend time on and generally dislike crafting in single player games but the crafting isn't to bad here. Haven't run into any bugs so far that I can tell.

Are you sure it's not a UI issue? It usually is with this kind of bug. The numbers might not display correctly on the character screen, but it could be applied during combat anyway.

Not sure if its a UI bug or not but I don't know how to check if its working in combat. I have to equip my sign intensity mutagens every time I load to get the UI to display the bonus correctly.

I have seen other people mention this on other forums but no response from CDPR about it to say if its UI or real bug etc.

Not sure if its a UI bug or not but I don't know how to check if its working in combat. I have to equip my sign intensity mutagens every time I load to get the UI to display the bonus correctly.

I have seen other people mention this on other forums but no response from CDPR about it to say if its UI or real bug etc.

Find some enemies, save the game.

Load the game without re-equipping the mutagens and check the floating damage numbers when using Igni on the enemies.

Then load the game again and do the equip routine (taking them off and on, I guess) - and compare the numbers that float when using Igni.

If they're the same, it's an UI issue. If the numbers are higher upon re-equpping, then it's a real issue.

One thing which I find slightly annoying is the problem with runestones and glyphs. I have picked up about 8 Igni lesser glyphs which can't be combined by an artisan into glyphs. But artisan made lesser glyphs can be combined into glyphs and those into greater glyphs. Same story with runestones. They have to be artisan made to combine them into higher level ones...

I haven't really played much since I want to play at 1440p but still deciding what graphics card (currently gtx 770) and monitor to buy! I hope prices drop later this week once AMD announces their new cards later today.
I played the game on GTX 760. True, I couldn't do hairworx nor everything on ultra, but with settings nVidia experience applied, the game looked spectacular in any case.
The rumor is that nVidia acquired such tech that their next cards series will pwn even your wildest dreams. I suggest sticking to your good old 770 at least for one more year.

These are existing games you can't run maxed on your GTX770 without any problems:
- TW3 (optimized, but still too demanding for 770)
- Assassins Creed 4 (you'll experience Gothic 3 microstutters on maxed game here and there because the port is not optimized, uses only 2 CPU cores of them 8734563845)
- Assassin Creed: Unity (unoptimized garbage that needs itanium CPU and probably quadSLI to work properly)
- Thief (unless there was a patch that fixes this another unoptimized garbage)
- Shadow of Mordor (needs 6Gb VRAM for ultra textures)

Are you really desperate play all of these maxed? If yes, sure, buy GTX 980 that alone costs equal to one decent machine that can run everything on high, just not on ultra. But IMO, unless you're a hotel owner who earns $1000 per hour, you don't need to change your current GPU.

Monitor… New… Get g-sync module equipped one. It's not cheap, but is about to become a standard.

Find some enemies, save the game.

Load the game without re-equipping the mutagens and check the floating damage numbers when using Igni on the enemies.

Then load the game again and do the equip routine (taking them off and on, I guess) - and compare the numbers that float when using Igni.

If they're the same, it's an UI issue. If the numbers are higher upon re-equpping, then it's a real issue.

I will give that go later tonight and report back. Note that the bug only affects my build by 10% less sign intensity (it will be different based on your build) so I am not sure I can do an accurate measurement .

I will give that go later tonight and report back. Note that the bug only affects my build by 10% less sign intensity (it will be different based on your build) so I am not sure I can do an accurate measurement .

You can't cook up some greater mutagens for 40%? :)

He is lost... forever...

I played the game on GTX 760. True, I couldn't do hairworx nor everything on ultra, but with settings nVidia experience applied, the game looked spectacular in any case.
The rumor is that nVidia acquired such tech that their next cards series will pwn even your wildest dreams. I suggest sticking to your good old 770 at least for one more year.

These are existing games you can't run maxed on your GTX770 without any problems:
- TW3 (optimized, but still too demanding for 770)
- Assassins Creed 4 (you'll experience Gothic 3 microstutters on maxed game here and there because the port is not optimized, uses only 2 CPU cores of them 8734563845)
- Assassin Creed: Unity (unoptimized garbage that needs itanium CPU and probably quadSLI to work properly)
- Thief (unless there was a patch that fixes this another unoptimized garbage)
- Shadow of Mordor (needs 6Gb VRAM for ultra textures)

Are you really desperate play all of these maxed? If yes, sure, buy GTX 980 that alone costs equal to one decent machine that can run everything on high, just not on ultra. But IMO, unless you're a hotel owner who earns $1000 per hour, you don't need to change your current GPU.

Monitor… New… Get g-sync module equipped one. It's not cheap, but is about to become a standard.

I am currently on ultra with 770 and my FPS is about 30 - 40 and I am fine with those numbers so I am guessing 970 will do ultra at 1440p. I can sell my 770 for about £100 and new 970 is about £250 so I have pay £150. I am *hoping* the new AMD cards will also push the price of 970 down so I have to pay less than £150!

I can't afford G-sync yet, i mean 1440p version are about £500 and no way I am spending that much money. My budget for 1440p monitor is about £200!!

You can't cook up some greater mutagens for 40%? :)

Ah its not that. If you have 3 blue skills in one part of the tree and you put blue mutagens in that section, you get a bonus and its that bonus which does not work. I am not high level (15) enough to have 2 section with all blue skills or I need to find skill trainer whom I haven't found yet. I hope I am making sense.

Surly someone here is very high lvl and can try this? :)

I am currently on ultra with 770 and my FPS is about 30 - 40 and I am fine with those numbers so I am guessing 970 will do ultra at 1440p. I can sell my 770 for about £100 and new 970 is about £250 so I have pay £150. I am *hoping* the new AMD cards will also push the price of 970 down so I have to pay less than £150!

I'm assuming you're playing without Hairworks and HBAO. Otherwise, I can't see you getting 30-40 fps on Ultra with a 770.

Back
Top Bottom