RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 Last »

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Witcher 3 - Insider on the Graphics Downgrade (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28768)

Gorath May 13th, 2015 22:01

Witcher 3 - Insider on the Graphics Downgrade

WhatIfGaming used an inside source to obtain information on the alleged The Witcher 3 graphics downgrade. Please take their article with a grain of salt. Nothing is confirmed. Here's only their intro:

Quote:

It seems The Witcher 3 graphics controversy never ends, and it is for good reason. Recently it has been quite apparent to a lot of people with footage showing up all over the web of newer PC build gameplay demos supposedly running on ULTRA on the PC (Poland preview event) which pales in comparison to the 2013 gameplay trailer. We contacted our insider who provided us information on The Division downgrade and apparent delay into 2016 months ago – who managed to connect us with someone in the know-how at CD Projekt RED last night to further explain the situation and set the record straight.

Here is simply what they had to say in regards to the whole thing (we advise everyone to take it with a grain of salt, despite having vetted their identity ourselves):

More information.

danutz_plusplus May 13th, 2015 22:01

I don't even care anymore. Just bring this beauty into my hands. :D
I'm sure CDPR will give it the support it needs with the enhanced edition.

The one thing that bothers me, and this applies to most games, is that I don't think they're using their engines to the full extent they could be used. They're practically rebuilding their engine for every iteration. I would give anything for 2-3 more Witcher games using this same engine, just with improvements. I mean, it's already ahead of the competition. The effort that goes into writing something like this from scratch is enormous, and would be better spent producing content (story, quests, dialogue, design, worlds, etc). Or at least have part of the team work on the next engine iteration, and let the other produce 3D/audio/gameplay content for the current engine. I mean, that's the actual meat of the game. Not how well that meat is rendered.

HiddenX May 13th, 2015 22:02

Witcher 3 Newsbit flood incoming… :)

vurt May 13th, 2015 22:03

Stream of PC gameplay: http://www.twitch.tv/gaminglive_TV1

though i believe they're playing dress-up or whatever currently. It's in french (you have been warned, volume to 0 is recommended!)

joxer May 13th, 2015 22:17

That's not PC - it shows A, B, X controls.
And of course, toiletpaper ads.

Next fraud please!

Dez May 13th, 2015 22:21

Now this was an intresting thing to read. Thanks for posting it!

Gorath May 13th, 2015 22:22

And thanks to whoever posted it in one of the other threads!

vurt May 13th, 2015 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061326686)

Next fraud please!

It says PC + most PC games (ports/multi platform) shows the buttons if you're using a controller, try Skyrim, Dark Souls, Far Cry and you'll see…

kobold May 13th, 2015 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061326686)

Next fraud please!

Couldn't that be just PC using an xbox controller, because mouse and keyboard support is not there yet?

joxer May 13th, 2015 22:38

Everything is there, it's just not PC version they're showing.

kobold May 13th, 2015 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061326698)
Everything is there, it's just not PC version they're showing.

How do you know? It's either that or xbone and neither are supposed to be out for review yet. Could easily be.

DArtagnan May 13th, 2015 22:43

Where are they supposed to have received a copy for streaming?

kobold May 13th, 2015 22:45

Don't know but since it's clearly PC or xbone controller they must have got hold of something we thought wasn't out.

EDIT: Unless a fake livestream using video from that preview event from last week.

vurt May 13th, 2015 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DArtagnan (Post 1061326701)
Where are they supposed to have received a copy for streaming?

umm, you've never heard of review / preview copies? It's very common that journalists gets a copy before it reaches the stores, it's been a standard since the 1980's, if not before ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobold (Post 1061326695)
Couldn't that be just PC using an xbox controller, because mouse and keyboard support is not there yet?

lol.. they were sitting in a sofa, which i would say they do in 99% of these "social" events.. would've been fun to see them struggling with a mouse though. i'm pretty sure mouse support is there, we're a few days before relase.

DarNoor May 13th, 2015 22:55

Don't know if it's XBox or PC, but, it looks bad.

joxer May 13th, 2015 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobold (Post 1061326700)
How do you know? It's either that or xbone and neither are supposed to be out for review yet. Could easily be.

Could, should, would…
I didn't see them hitting ESC and showing people some options like ubersampling.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarNoor (Post 1061326706)
Don't know if it's XBox or PC, but, it looks bad.

Everything looks crappy on twitch, so don't worry. :)

JDR13 May 13th, 2015 23:00

I'm not going to take the bait. I'll see the game when I start playing it in 5 days and 21 hours from the time of this post. :)

kobold May 13th, 2015 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061326707)
Could, should, would…
I didn't see them hitting ESC and showing people some options like ubersampling

So that proves it is NOT pc?

Drithius May 13th, 2015 23:03

Resolution is too low to make any comments on actual graphics and the combat mechanics again involve jumping around like a circus acrobat.

joxer May 13th, 2015 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobold (Post 1061326709)
So that proves it is NOT pc?

No it does not. But this airing looks better and it could be PC:
http://www.twitch.tv/ign

Yea, that site… But IMO better looking than french stream.
Also controller used.