Divinity: Original Sin II - Review @ GiN

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
GiN has reviewed Divinity: Original Sin II:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is Best PC RPG in Years

I realize that I am really late with this review, given that Larian Studios released Divinity: Original Sin 2 in late September. I have an excuse, though it’s a poor one. I started with this series playing the original Divinity title, and was very underwhelmed. With that one, the first town was extremely confusing as to which direction you were supposed to travel, with certain death and overpowered monsters in every other direction. Plus, the characters were flat, and the story was forgettable. So when I started playing Obsidian Entertainment’s Pillars of Eternity, it was so good that I forgot to go back and give Original Sin 2 a try.

Only, here is the thing, as good as Pillars of Eternity is, Divinity: Original Sin 2 is so much better. In fact, having dived deeply into the main campaign, I can confidently say that I know how I’m voting for RPG game of the year. Divinity: Original Sin 2 captures the magic of PC RPG gaming in a fantastic way. The world is gorgeous. The combat is balanced and extremely tactical. And the storyline is interesting, with engaging main characters and even a great supporting cast.

[...]

Score: 5/5
More information.

Yeah - best in years! Not many, though - Witcher 3 wasn't that long ago. ;)

When he says "the original Divinity title" does he mean DOS1 or Divine Divinity? Because I don't know how you forget a game with Pontius Pirate in it.

Yes but The Witcher 3 wasn't party based or isometric so there is that. ;)

Seems to me that the reviewer may have been thinking of DOS1 (but I may be wrong).

Back
Top Bottom