The TV Series discussion thread

Personally, I'm constantly amazed that Jamie Lannister is still alive. This piece of dung threw a child out of a tower window, hopefully after all the wars are settled, the survivors gather and agree to plant this waste of humanity on a very thick barbed spike. I imagine his death in the books will be one for the ages.

Personally, I'm constantly amazed that Jamie Lannister is still alive. This piece of dung threw a child out of a tower window, hopefully after all the wars are settled, the survivors gather and agree to plant this waste of humanity on a very thick barbed spike. I imagine his death in the books will be one for the ages.

Nooo he is my current fav character :) He will atone for throwing bran out of the window by killing Cersei :)

Trying to slay a child is only his worse crime. This piece of filth also stabbed the king he was sworn to defend in the back, and attempted to kill a Hand (Eddard Stark) while the man was simply traveling around the city. Although his attempt to kill the Hand failed, he did kill members of his retinue and wounded the Hand as well. Like I've said, I find it difficult to imagine the slow, agonizing death this thing should suffer....that death might start the atonement process. Might.

97ov0ew6z2hz.jpg

My favourite characters are Drogon and Tormund :) I loved Tormunds conversation with the hound :D.

I think my favorite character is Jorah Mormont. If only he would stop the insufferable pining for that blonde adolescent - he would be the perfect character :)

I will spare you my thoughts about why something didn't happen. There are too many very odd decisions in that show :)

What I don't understand is

Why didn't Dani take out the night king and his minions with the dragons?

She doesn't know who the night king is? its the first time she is seeing these stuff. She only cares about saving her "not boy friend"!

She doesn't know who the night king is? its the first time she is seeing these stuff. She only cares about saving her "not boy friend"!

Yes, why bother to let the three dragons wipe out the army in 2 minutes right as you have the perfect opportunity. That wouldn't make any sense at all :)

That doesn't bother me actually. First, she doesn't know there are 'undead generals' or 'night king'. Also her dragons are burning the undead left and right, and only realize her dragons are actually in any danger when one of them goes down, before that it was just 'pfft! zombies vs. dragons ROFLSTOMP!' and after that she just wants to get the hell out to protect her other two babies.

That doesn't bother me actually. First, she doesn't know there are 'undead generals' or 'night king'. Also her dragons are burning the undead left and right, and only realize her dragons are actually in any danger when one of them goes down, before that it was just 'pfft! zombies vs. dragons ROFLSTOMP!' and after that she just wants to get the hell out to protect her other two babies.

I guess that kinda makes sense, actually. Will have to watch the fight again to be sure. But I interpreted the situation as if she was deliberately focused on the rescue and didn't seem to have the easy option in mind. Maybe she did.
Also, I have to say I'm really disappointed that the Walkers are essentially mindless zombies for the most part. The very first episode made them seem a lot more powerful and intriguing. I guess that's only for the leaders. Well, and their new toy.

I think you guys are focusing on minor details. The biggest question obviously should be…

Where the fuck did they get those giant chains from? Is there an industrial hardware store north of the wall?
;)

I think you guys are focusing on minor details. The biggest question obviously should be…

Where the fuck did they get those giant chains from? Is there an industrial hardware store north of the wall?
;)

Dead Bath and Beyond

;)

doesn't bother me either. I mean the whole 'North of the wall' belongs to them, and maybe they were bringing them to the wall for whatever plan. Also the area was inhabited by what's the name, the old ones? the Andals? forgot the name, but maybe it has ruins of the old civilization with giant chains holding giant bridges or whatever.
That is unexplained but possible. But the whole supersonic raven flight after Gendry's marathon-on-snow is impossible.

I started watching Into The Badlands.

If you enjoy martial arts movies and like post-apocalyptic worlds with some light fantasy, then this might be for you. The acting is pretty mediocre, especially in the first season. It does get better in season 2, but is not amazing. I think it's a fun show if you aren't watching anything else at the minute, but if you are not a fan of the above elements, I cannot recommend it.

The Mist was just released today on Netflix. I liked the movie (haven't read the book) and the story is especially intriguing, since a lot of the plot was an inspiration for Half-Life, so i'm interested to see how the series turns out.

Back
Top Bottom