Steam summer Sale - 2015 edition

Painful, survival, sacrifice, perverts… yup, that sums up my everyday experience perfectly! :biggrin:
Sounds like the perfect game for you then. ;) Go watch the trailer on the game's Steam page. It's really… something.

And I actually resisted grabbing KB: Dark Side, because I still haven't finished Armored Princess and Warriors of the North. :eek:

Got Icewind Dale EE, that should be fun. Was thinking about maybe getting Grimrock 2, although I wasn't over the moon with Grimrock 1 and the UI was a bit of a problem for left handers (UI click areas stuck on far right of screen). Maybe 2 is better though?

Was going to get Southpark: The Stick of Truth, but Steam only offers the censored version in Germany (and other countries). What the...? Bummer.

Was going to get Southpark: The Stick of Truth, but Steam only offers the censored version in Germany (and other countries). What the…? Bummer.

Schnittberichte says the only difference in the PC version is that all forbidden symbols have black boxes over them.

edit: Seeing that the game cost more than 10€ you might as well buy retail and make sure there's an 18 sticker on it.

Last edited:
Are you saying the nocensor mod doesn't exist?
It's hard to believe.

Was thinking about maybe getting Grimrock 2, although I wasn't over the moon with Grimrock 1

Grimrock 2 is a big upgrade from the first game in every way. Grander scope, looks better, far more variety of environments, expanded skills and more flexible classes.

Controls, though, are much the same -- the main difference being in magic, where you can now swipe the symbols with a single motion rather than clicking each one.

Finally grabbed shadow warrior 2013 from steam sale.

What an EPIC game. If you like classic first person shooters that don't take themselves too seriously. this is a game for you. The game is just so much fun to play and hugely entertaining. Great music score and the main character, Lo wang has tons of funny oneliners :)

I just grabbed Lichdom: Battlemage. It's part of the current flash sale for $5.19

Missed that one ... oh well, between Steam and GoG and Amazon I have added to both my 'played before but want it digital just in case' or 'will probably never play this' piles :)

Missed that one … oh well, between Steam and GoG and Amazon I have added to both my 'played before but want it digital just in case' or 'will probably never play this' piles :)

The flash sales are 24 hours long. Under the current flash sales there's a button to show all which shows the flash sales from the previous 12 hours. Lichdom is still there for about 5 hours.

Just found "Banished" on the sale for very cheap. This is sort of a cross between a town builder game and a survival game. You have to maintain your outpost in the face of various calamities. I suspect, from the reviews, that the devs may pile it on a little bit heavy handedly, but it does sound intriguing.

Picked a digital backup copy of Morrowind (one day I won't be able to use my good old CDs to install it).

I'm intrigued, yet suspicious of this business model.

2s0d1n8.jpg

I'm intrigued, yet suspicious of this business model.

2s0d1n8.jpg

I suppose the point is that if people haven't bought the game at full price by now they probably never will. The difficulty is that these sales may act to train people not to buy stuff early - but the lure of hot new games is probably sufficient.

The advertised price for the first Risen game is especially good. I'm wondering what would happen if I bought hundreds of copies.

The advertised price for the first Risen game is especially good. I'm wondering what would happen if I bought hundreds of copies.

Reminds me of the old business sim Hanse on C64. There you could sell negative ships.

Back
Top Bottom