A Farewell to Dragons - Review @ SquareGo

magerette

Hedgewitch
Reviews for A Farewell to Dragons are still rather scarce, but SquareGo adds one to the list with an over-all score of 3/5:
As with most Action RPGs A Farewell to Dragons focuses on combat and this is unfortunately where the game suffers. Fights boil down to doing damage to an enemy and healing comrades. There is little variety in the battles and even after playing for a considerable number of hours it can feel unintuitive when choosing targets for spells...
Overall A Farewell to Dragons is a nice, story based adventure which suffers from a lack of ambition in the fun aspect of the game. Whilst the exceptionally interesting world and fascinating plot help drive the experience forwards, the badly designed combat system slows you down too often for this to be remembered as a classic.

More information.

When I read this I had a hard time thinking the guy was talking about the same game I played. But while his take was very different from mine as to what he thought worked and why and so forth, yet he managed to come to a very similar conclusion. Very strange to me that he found the 'humorous' dialogue a highlight. O_O

But I'm glad to see the game getting some press, since it actually has some fun elements and even gets a bit addictive at times. I wish they'd patch it.

Back
Top Bottom