Obsidian Entertainment - News

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Farflame has collected some news about Obsidian:

Eurogamer:

We take a walk around Obsidian Entertainment (and narrowly avoid their secret project)

Eurogamer:

The making of Alpha Protocol, Obsidian's secret best RPG

Imagine a glitzy cinematic sequence where you, as a secret agent, fight your way through an aeroplane soaring through the sky. You're pressing button prompts appearing on the screen while your hero whacks, chops, spins and kicks at the baddie in your way. "You fight all the way down until eventually you beat the guy and rip off his parachute and, I don't know, break his neck, and he floats off and you use his parachute to land." Sounds great, like a James Bond or Jack Bauer or Jason Bourne scene, or something from Uncharted 3, which hadn't been made yet.

[...]
Rock Paper Shotgun:

If you treat them as the enemy, it’s not going to be a good relationship.” Obsidian’s Feargus Urquhart on publishers

Since its foundation in 2003, Obsidian Entertainment has worked with seven different publishers. Commencing with LucasArts on Knights of the Old Republic II, Obsidian has since signed contracts with Atari, SEGA, Bethesda, Square Enix, Ubisoft and most recently, Paradox Interactive. In fact, up until Pillars of Eternity [official site], every single game Obsidian had made was funded and distributed by a different publisher.

[...]
Rock Paper Shotgun:

Obsidian on Tyranny’s expansion & writing believable evil

Most games that put you into the shoes of the bad guys are about reveling in evil, gleefully causing havoc and destruction like a toddler who’s got into the stationary box. Obsidian’s RPG Tyranny is different.

[...]
More information.

The making of Alpha Protocol, Obsidian's secret best RPG

I read this as:
"The making of checkpoints on PC, Obsidian's secret how to ensure low sales"

Got a little misty-eyed when Feargus pulled the dusty old NWN PC game off the shelf of the forgotten cabinet in the darkest regions of the building… I miss single player Forgotten Realms RPGs.

Anyway, cool tour. I never would have thought Obsidian was that big-- rent must cost a fortune there! As for the secret project- I desperately would like to see an Obsidian-made Fallout game based in the San Francisco area.

I don't know why I think this, but I wonder if it is a new starwars rpg?

Back
Top Bottom