EA has just put the Mass Effect franchise on ice now.

Good, then please move right along without responding. Seems like you label anyone who says anything negative about ME "haters". I played ME3, yes I didn't enjoy it much but I was interested in playing ME:A based on some of Watch opinions - now I changed my mind because someone like you label someone like me as a "hater" and try to defend EA/Bioware in the most undiplomatic way possible calling people "losers" etc.

Hateboys spite hate, it's no insult, just fact.

If you let some anonymous loser guide your decisions, it's firstly your problem don't you think?

Selling any Bioware game? Who care when they are shot down as the hateboys succeed?

I don't remind anything ever stopped the flow of hate of hateboys, ha yeah dev are robots and no souls when hateboys are fragile… Really? I doubt people liking so much their hate to make it a major activity and so much passion in something they hate, are fragile people.

Bizarrely you consider normal some totally toxic and weird behaviors of harassment, but hateboys is a word that is too much for you. I name stuff like they worth it nothing more.

Hateboys spite hate, it's no insult, just fact.

If you let some anonymous loser guide your decisions, it's firstly your problem don't you think?

Selling any Bioware game? Who care when they are shot down as the hateboys succeed?

I don't remind anything ever stopped the flow of hate of hateboys, ha yeah dev are robots and no souls when hateboys are fragile… Really? I doubt people liking so much their hate to make it a major activity and so much passion in something they hate, are fragile people.

Bizarrely you consider normal some totally toxic and weird behaviors of harassment, but hateboys is a word that is too much for you. I name stuff like they worth it nothing more.

Its isnt the "hateboys" fault Bioware made a less than stellar game. They mismanaged funds and we got a sub par game. Simple as that. If Bioware scaled back the game in terms of graphics more, we would have had better animations and bugs in the game. Then the game would have been a reasonable sequel to the Mass Effect Franchise.

Subpar?

Well, it's the best Mass Effect so far. Wouldn't call it subpar, personally. I think it's very good.

Far from perfect, though.

Subpar?

Well, it's the best Mass Effect so far. Wouldn't call it subpar, personally. I think it's very good.

Far from perfect, though.

That is a personal opinion which i can accept. But the general consensus is that it is sub par scoring 73 in metacritic. So really it is normal to have people think it is both the best thing ever and people thinking it is the worst thing ever subjectively.

Objectively I dont see how it isnt sub par. Things like many animation issues, dialogue issues, bugs, save issues all add up to the game being objectively sub par at launch. Now after patches, I think it may be considered an average game objectively, but i think it's too late.

That is a personal opinion which i can accept. But the general consensus is that it is sub par scoring 73 in metacritic. So really it is normal to have people think it is both the best thing ever and people thinking it is the worst thing ever subjectively.

Objectively I dont see how it isnt sub par. Things like many animation issues, dialogue issues, bugs, save issues all add up to the game being objectively sub par at launch. Now after patches, I think it may be considered an average game objectively, but i think it's too late.

Have you played it yourself?

Yes, and there was a general consensus that Avatar was the best movie of all time for a while, too.

I guess you'd agree with that one, as the animations were great ;)

Which makes your opinion uninformed and nearly worthless.

Why do I have to play a game if I have seen videos of the game in actions with the horrible dialogue to know I wont like the game?

You still can't read, I see :)

You said they praised it at the start, but there is no evidence of that.

Why do I have to play a game if I have seen videos of the game in actions with the horrible dialogue to know I wont like the game?

You're talking about the quality of the game. You can't know whether you will like the game - but you can make an educated guess, which is entirely different.

Seeing videos of some dialogue won't give you a very good idea at all.

You said they praised it at the start, but there is no evidence of that.

Why would you need evidence? I'm telling you - and I know you trust me.

It was number 1 on IMDb for a while, and it was in the top 3 for many, many months. It's still absurdly high on that list.

You're talking about the quality of the game. You can't know whether you will like the game - but you can make an educated guess, which is entirely different.

Seeing videos of some dialogue won't give you a very good idea at all.

The dialogue is the most important thing in an RPG, if all the dialogue of the game i have seen is bad, I can make the assumption that the game is bad as an RPG can i not?

Why would you need evidence? I'm telling you - and I know you trust me.

It was number 1 on IMDb for a while, and it was in the top 3 for many, many months. It's still absurdly high on that list.

Just because something sells well, doesnt mean it is seen as the best movie ever. It just means it sells well.

Avatar is not even in the top 250 in the top rated movie list:.
http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?ref_=nv_mv_250_6

The dialogue is the most important thing in an RPG, if all the dialogue of the game i have seen is bad, I can make the assumption that the game is bad as an RPG can i not?

You can make whatever assumption you like, but it's still just an assumption. Also, exaggerating won't make your uninformed opinion any more convincing.

Just because something sells well, doesnt mean it is seen as the best movie ever. It just means it sells well.

Avatar is not even in the top 250 in the top rated movie list:.
http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?ref_=nv_mv_250_6

Why are you talking about sales, now? I'm talking about consensus.

It's rated 7.8 - which is still absurdly high.

Point is, however, that consensus doesn't really mean much at all.

Of course, it means a little more than a completely uninformed opinion.

You can make whatever assumption you like, but it's still just an assumption. Also, exaggerating won't make your uninformed opinion any more convincing.

I wasn't exaggerating. Even the most benign dialogue was bad. I far prefer AoD over it.

Why are you talking about sales, now? I'm talking about consensus.

It's rated 7.8 - which is still absurdly high.

Point is, however, that consensus doesn't really mean much at all.

Of course, it means a little more than a completely uninformed opinion.

7.8 is not high.

Which makes your opinion uninformed and nearly worthless.
So obvious but again and again I have to "argue" with hateboys about games they didn't play.

A classic category of hateboys are those in crusader, they don't only have a cause but it justifies anything including be dumb and stupid.

The point is forums like here are specialized and in sort of crusaders too. A majority firmly believe know specificity of the best RPG if not of a RPG.

There's nothing wrong, but, not sure when, probably when they realized they could have some significant influences, it started evolve more and more on the hate side, up to generate RPG forums that ended be cancer of RPG hate, a stinky disease mutating players into hateboys.

There's a logic but I see hate is promoted not love of RPG that should be a lot more welcoming, or at least not that blinded by certitudes.

Sigh…..

The problem is why you or me lost your time to argue about a game with hateboys that didn't even bother play it?

Because nowadays hateboys are heroes and they spite lies and hate again and again with harassment and players applaud and admire how smart caustic and "exigent in quality" they are. But nope just blinded hateboys.

I'm very violent, sure, and it's deliberate, I just want hurt, too much time lost with hateboys, and too many players silently complice, tired of all of this.

It's ironic how you're complaining about generalizing mindset while doing exactly the same.
There are plenty of well thought out reviews that go in depth about MEA's flaws far beyond the superficial facial animations...are they also done by "hateboys"?
And "hate" for Bioware has been going on for far longer than this...but having a high quality product, speaks louder than this.
Mass Effect II was Bioware's strong departure from more classic rpg design and provoked a similar reaction (from the same "type" of people), but it still managed to receive high user and critic acclaim.
In this case, Andromeda is more disappointing for it's release in a poor technical state right after several releases of far more polished, quality titles...video games are not judged in "vacuum"
And as a reboot of the series, it fails on core strengths of the original series ( critical to it's "identity"): World, characters, OST.
"Hateboys" had nothing to do with this, no matter how you want to see it.

It's like we can no longer judge whether a game is worth our money anymore based on previews.

Back
Top Bottom