Children of Morta - Review @ Capsule Computers

Really like the visuals and atmosphere. Wonder if I would be able to overlook roguelike elements in this case. Usually those put me off ... but some reviews indicate developer managed good balance between roguelike and narrative aspects of the game. Probably will wait for more opinions before I decide. Have more then enough games to play currently. Anyway, If I decide to get this one at the end, it would probably be on Switch, so I can play in handheld mode in my bed :)

Same with me, I'm more likely to avoid rogue-like games at the moment. I'll be watching to see if any mates pick this up and then listen to what they might have to say about it before deciding.

I'll be happy to give my input once I play the game. I preordered a copy. From what I understand, most of the traits of the game are rogue-lite, not rogue-like.

That stuttered movement during combat would drive me literally insane. I was getting nauseous after just one minute of gameplay in that vid.

Didn’t watch the video, but I don’t recall it not being fluent when it was shown to me at Gamescom.

To clarify, I didn't mean stuttering as in a framerate issue, but as in a design choice, the character fluently stutters along when it attacks things. I personally can't conceptualise how anyone else could play like that because it's like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

The few reviews suggest the game is basic and narrow. That isn't to say it is bad or not well done just not expansive for an action rpg (such as grim dawn).

Naturally it comes down to the fun factor and I can't really comment in that direction on either game.

Back
Top Bottom