FarCry4 - do not buy EVER!

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Boring, annoying, glitchy, not even close to FC3 fun.

On top of it, expect to see this often in your SINGLEPLAYER campaign:

pic.jpg

That message drops you out to the main menu and leads to repeating the same boring mission over and over as the game has no save anywhere mechanics but is a good old retarded consoley checkpoints crap.

Instead of fixing the bloody game, the most important thing to them was pushing the overpriced season pass. This is not FarCry game. This is yet another bug induced Groundhog Day.
Whatta joke of a game. Whatta waste of money.

1/10 for nice graphics and nice intro, but this bullshit product doesn't deserve more than that.

-

Don't skip FarCry3 though! That game is fantastic, polished, optimized and musthave.

joxer, why are you still buying Ubisoft games?

Because some of them were great.
Because I expected that half a year after a game was released gameprogress stopping bugs will be patched.
And because it was discounted more than 50%.

From games they made in past 2 years M&M10 and AC:R were a top class material, but FC4, WD, AC4 and AC:Unity are either unoptimized mess or utterly broken.
I stepped on a mine again, so this thread is for those who want to buy and try FC4 eventually.
Just please don't repeat my mistake. Don't buy this game even when it's price drops on $1 or gets in some humble bundle.

While FC3 was a polished shooter masterpiece, FC4 is a glitchy product that doesn't deserve a dime (on PC, dunno about consoles).

Last edited:
Can't. Bought it on uPlay store on their daily offer.
It really doesn't matter, it's not like I couldn't play it at all (if that happened I'd contact their support). Besides, just like in case of other buggy games, maybe the community eventually fixes it since developers refuse to do their job.

I wish instead of metacritic there was some bug_critic site to check before buying something.

Playing the third actually right now as I wait for my new GPU…repetitive but fun, especially when all hell breaks loose, with bears and tigers tearing through the pirates and then jumping into fray. There is sooo much fun in killing thugs:p.
Bit too easy and too little mission variety . Main character seems to be turning into a borderline psychopath, so I guess that's a plus though:p.

You forgot to mention magic mushrooms. ;)
Or you haven't reached that point yet so... Don't let me spoil the fun!

Ho ho...just burned Afghanistan's year worth of weed...yep, Jason is definitely losing it.

Boring, annoying, glitchy, not even close to FC3 fun.

On top of it, expect to see this often in your SINGLEPLAYER campaign:

pic.jpg

That message drops you out to the main menu and leads to repeating the same boring mission over and over as the game has no save anywhere mechanics but is a good old retarded consoley checkpoints crap.

Instead of fixing the bloody game, the most important thing to them was pushing the overpriced season pass. This is not FarCry game. This is yet another bug induced Groundhog Day.
Whatta joke of a game. Whatta waste of money.

1/10 for nice graphics and nice intro, but this bullshit product doesn't deserve more than that.

-

Don't skip FarCry3 though! That game is fantastic, polished, optimized and musthave.

Is that the only problem? My son bought FC4 at release, played it and beat it. He said it was good, fun, never said anything about bugs.

Is that the only problem? My son bought FC4 at release, played it and beat it. He said it was good, fun, never said anything about bugs.
On PC?
No it's not. The first problem I got was the lack of sound. No sound by any means till I dropped the quality in soundcard settings. But there is an additional odd thing in it. Not only you hear nothing but also subtitles stop working!
So it's the same directx problem as with TW3 which is not ubi's fault, but nondisplaying (btw, horrible) subtitles at all is definetly Ubi's fault.
Apart from that, sometimes when you detach ftom the rope (graple/hook) you die instantly and it's rince and repeat the whole mission, a loveletter from Ubi.
When you slide down, if you hit an obstacle you start sliding - upwards!
etc etc. Glitchy.

Anyway, this up there on the pic looks as if it's caused by Ubi servers problem, or in other words - bloody always online DRM. I dunno why it happens since I play in the OFFLINE mode (you can see it exists on the pic). Maybe I should disable interent connection first so if it's caused by uPlay client it gets "fixed"?
I'll try to pass through that mission again tomorrow, seriously I don't have any willpower to try it one more time today.

On PC?
No it's not. The first problem I got was the lack of sound. No sound by any means till I dropped the quality in soundcard settings. But there is an additional odd thing in it. Not only you hear nothing but also subtitles stop working!
So it's the same directx problem as with TW3 which is not ubi's fault, but nondisplaying (btw, horrible) subtitles at all is definetly Ubi's fault.
Apart from that, sometimes when you detach ftom the rope (graple/hook) you die instantly and it's rince and repeat the whole mission, a loveletter from Ubi.
When you slide down, if you hit an obstacle you start sliding - upwards!
etc etc. Glitchy.

Anyway, this up there on the pic looks as if it's caused by Ubi servers problem, or in other words - bloody always online DRM. I dunno why it happens since I play in the OFFLINE mode (you can see it exists on the pic). Maybe I should disable interent connection first so if it's caused by uPlay client it gets "fixed"?
I'll try to pass through that mission again tomorrow, seriously I don't have any willpower to try it one more time today.

Yep, on PC. We have all the consoles but they just collect dust, occasionally getting played when there's an exclusive game they want to play. I built them both gaming rigs with Titans in them so it's no surprise really.

I'll ask him if he had any similar problems but he never mentioned any when we've talked before.

I have it sitting in steam maybe I'll fire it up later an see if I have any issues.

I thought the game was pretty good actually?

Did I miss something?

It's got a rating of "Mostly Positive" on Steam from more than 7000 user reviews.
Dunno what to say.
Maybe I'm too touchy when it comes to bugs. :)
Yep, on PC. We have all the consoles but they just collect dust, occasionally getting played when there's an exclusive game they want to play. I built them both gaming rigs with Titans in them so it's no surprise really.
Titans?!
Can I be your kid, please! :D
I'll ask him if he had any similar problems but he never mentioned any when we've talked before.

I have it sitting in steam maybe I'll fire it up later an see if I have any issues.
Deal.
The progressstopper could be a temporary Ubi server issue, not saying it is not. And it can happen it sorts out by itself overnnight. I'm keeping fingers crossed.
Just don't tempt me to retry too soon! :D

So you're playing the singleplayer campaign in Online mode and having some internet issues?

This review gets 1/10 :p

Sorry Joxer, everything worked great for me. no sound or connection problems.

I only played the prolouge and the wolves den quest though. Good fun , I thought it felt very much like Farcry 3, complete with another over the top crazy dude. Felt like a little tomb raider mixed in as well.

The only problem I had was that I didn't want to stop playing and I'm in the middle of playing the Witcher trilogy.:lol:

Oh and I played offline mode. What would be the difference by playing online, other than the fact I'd be online obviously. It must add something?

I'm playing in that offline mode too.
Online mode if I understood it right is needed for coop in cases you think a mission is too hard for just one player or something like that. As usual, I don't give a damn about any kind of MMO bullshit. :D

Maybe he has a bad crack?

Oh and I played offline mode. What would be the difference by playing online…
That was the culprit. Or the issue fixed itself.
I continued the game in online mode and what do you know, I passed the mission without a problem. Now since this garbage of the product saves just one checkpoint I cannot return back to retry offline mode again and check if it was the online mode "that cured" it or some Ubi's server got working again.

I still can't suggest buying this game. Sorry. IMO, wait till they patch everything, especially issues like this "connection" idiocy. If they do it ever. In the meantime, don't forget to buy FC3. That one has no such issues and you can never get frustrated with bugs like with FC4.

Back
Top Bottom