Prepare for the Awakening - Teaser

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Kalypso media will be showing a new RPG at Gamescom, which I will checking out when I am there. However they have released a video yesterday named: Prepare for the Awakening. That isn't to say that this is also the actual name of the game as they have not mentioned it yet, but it could be the sequel to Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms. All we have now is this teaser video:

More information.

It's the second chapter of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms. This video leaves no doubts about it.

If i recall correctly, the owners of the deluxe edition were promised to get the second Book for free. But i seriously doubt that Kalypso will do such thing. And my guess is that this is the remastered Book 1 and with the Book 2 content added.

So far, nothing concrete was told, though i have that nasty feeling that the Deluxe owners are fragged. And Kalypso as a publisher...From all the european publishers they went with Kalypso. Not Focus Interactive, not THQ Nordic, not Paradox, not Deep Silver (which isn't great either, but is over Kalypso), but frigging Kalypso. Yeah...new happy "customers" incoming

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms? Never heard about that one.

Will however keeping my eye on this Awakening, maybe it turns out good.
About Kalypso, they're hit and miss IMO. An example of great game - they published Ceville.

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms? Never heard about that one.

Will however keeping my eye on this Awakening, maybe it turns out good.
About Kalypso, they're hit and miss IMO. An example of great game - they published Ceville.

Kalyps also has a rather unsavory track record with both devs and customers. If they dont's screw one or another, they screw both. Disciples 3 is such an example. Urban Empire, Valhalla Hills are others.

Yes, they did some good, but like you said: hit and miss.

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms was meant to be the sequel to Kult: Heretic Kingdoms. It had a troubled development and even a more troubled history. The devs signed a publishing deal with bitComposer (now defunct, thank God for the little favors) at a time when EVERYONE knew that the publisher had serious money problems.

The game was pushed out before being actually completed and with the promise that the missing part will be added to a later date. They've called that split Book 1 and Book 2. Needless to say, Book 2 never came out, due to the publisher going bankrupt and Games Farm almost losing the rights over the Heretic Kingdoms IP in the process.

After a few years of legal entanglements, the IP was awarded back to Games Farm by a german legal court. Since then the information got scarce, with the devs posting from time to time reassurements that they will honor the old promises (which it seems that it won't happen, especially knowing Kalypso).

You can read the drama here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/256030/discussions/0/490123938440825325/

And here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/256030/discussions/0/527273452872556534/

So, yeah. While a part me wants to be excited, the other is skeptical.

On the steam board the owner of book 1 have been promised both book 2 and remastered version. It remains to be seen if it happens but ….

I will believe it when i see it. But, i don't see Kalypso honoring such a promise (and i can understand their point of view, this time, because they would honor something promised by a different publisher and by the devs).

The most annoying things is the deafening silence. The devs posts went down and there were only some updates like "we are working on it, but we also need to make some money, to keep us afloat"

If it's good, I don't mind paying for it and I own both of the other games. The first one is VERY fun, the second was a mess.

Nice to hear Tom Baker's voice during the intro. He's been great for those guys through all of the troubles. It just raises my respect all the more for the man.

Back
Top Bottom