Some music questions

images

pibbur who would like to know what number 11 is.

I'm guessing Blind Melon.

I suspect the musical age-guessing quiz will not go well for me, since most of the best stuff is clearly from the previous generation.

Last edited:
I had to quit the test after question 6 as I hadn't heard of barely any of the answers and there was never a "who are these people?" option.

images

pibbur who would like to know what number 11 is.

1. Pearl Jam
2. Guns n Roses
3. Crystal Church Pope?
4. Crown Cake?
5. The Doors
6. Led Zepelin
7. Radiohead
8. Smashing Pumpkins
9. Nobody and the Mary Chain?
10. Capable of hearing Leopard?
11. Shortsighted Basketball?
12. Twisting Crystal?
13. Sex Gun?
14. Captain Soldier?
15. The Beatles

Good work Lackblogger!

I reckon:
3. Stone Temple Pilots
4. Queen?
9. Alice in Chains?
13. Sex pistols

No idea on some of the others though.

Edit: 12 rolling stones :)
Although there's only one "stone" on reflection, so maybe not…

I think Ripper is right with Blind Melon for 11.

You got:
Late 20s
For your age, your classic rock knowledge is astounding, and you really know your stuff! It was only the fact that you know about more recent bands that make us think you are in your late 20s. There's a whole world of music out there, and you plan to explore all of it. We're betting that more than one of your friends admires your music collection!

They are 20 years off :)
I know music from the 60's 'til now.

Lol:
“You got:
Late 20s
For your age, your classic rock knowledge is astounding, and you really know your stuff! It was only the fact that you know about more recent bands that make us think you are in your late 20s. There's a whole world of music out there, and you plan to explore all of it. We're betting that more than one of your friends admires your music collection!”

I know nothing about rock songs, past or present, let alone classic rock songs. With each question I just picked a random answer.

:D Hahahahahahahahahahahaha :D I got late 20's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My kids are decades older than that!!!!!! LOL

Early 40's. Not quite...

Thanks to pongo and lack. Those were going to drive me nuts. I can fill in one question mark: 14 = Police. Looks like 10 is our last mystery.

I have also robbed time according to the quiz -- but given that the most recent bands it mentions are almost twenty years old, I'm not sure the quiz writer is himself the ideal person to identify youth in others.

Mid-30s
Your enthusiasm for Classic Rock tells us that you are in your Mid-30s. Without a doubt, you know your way around the bins at your local record store and never miss the chance to sing Boston's "More Than a Feeling" at the top of your lungs. You know a lot about both early rock and newer, more alternative rock, but you prefer the power anthems you've heard all your life!
It's not quite precise as I never miss a chance to sing anything (sing, not talk), but I won't complain.

Early 30s for me. Not that far off.
And 10 is Def Leppard, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom