Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Review @ TechRaptor

Sure, but NWN (and probably most of the rest of the games you're referring to) wasn't isometric, it had a 3D perspective. The quote from the article is: "A lot of it comes down to upgrades to the design. I mentioned previously that the addition of a 360° camera control was both innovative and frankly a long-needed addition to isometric RPGs." As people have pointed out, there actually have been isometric RPGs that had rotatable cameras…although not a whole lot of them.
I don't think that's very important, let's not get lost in semantics.

Having lots of fun with the game. Not too far in though, taking my time. This will be real long play. Probably will start over anyway, till Im really content with my character.

To say it makes the game more modern and that it changes the experience a lot is probably stretching it a bit though. ;)

No, I agree with the reviewer this time.
Rotating camera was the biggest improvement that "isometric" CRPGs got in the last decade. it DID change the experience to me.

No, I agree with the reviewer this time.
Rotating camera was the biggest improvement that "isometric" CRPGs got in the last decade. it DID change the experience to me.

I can't say it made much of a difference at all to me. In fact, sometimes I find it more of a distraction than anything.

Back
Top Bottom