Encased - Dev Update & Halloween Stream

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Dark Crystal Games posted a dev update, mostly related to the voice acting posted previously and the Halloween event. The stream of the event is on Youtube now.

A new development update and the beginning of Halloween under the Dome!

[...]

Development update #15: Voices under the Dome

The first post-release development update is dedicated to voice acting. How the inhabitants of the world under the Dome got their own voices and how it affected the atmosphere and immersion into the game's story.

What other details about the game's development would you like to hear? Suggest your video ideas in the comments!

Halloween event and discounts

The Encased Halloween event began on October 28. It will last until November 8.

Battle the cursed skeletons right now! They were once employees of the CRONUS Corporation, but now they are servants of evil, hungry for only one thing -- the death of all living things.

Sylvia Halen, an up-and-coming scientist from the mysterious White Swan Station, hunts for the Cursed Seeds, little-explored relics that can be extracted from the bodies of dead employees. Sylvia is not stingy on rewards: in addition to various chemicals, she is ready to offer the player a unique artifact. [...]
And here is the Steam Halloween Event stream which presents the event, and gameplay / Q&A with Creative Director Viacheslav Kozikhin:

More information.

Info from the stream, summary of what to expect in the 2 next patches:
Patch 3 (Winter update) will be more dedicated to adventure and narrative content, and improvement of the existing narrative. There will be new locations, new quest lines, new equipment, vehicles like cars and trucks that can be driven.

Patch 4 (next year) will be about gameplay and balancing combat. It will add the Arena mode, accessible from the main menu, and provide improvement to the current in-game arena.

Driving vehicles and the Arena mode were two other stretch goals that were not reached during the KS campaign IIRC.

They seem to be addressing everything though. Always nice to see.

Ok I started this.
And I do not know if I like or not this interesting steal mechanics.
I stuck in the loop where I robed everybody and everything at the beginning and now I wait in the corner of the room for one hour for them to forget about this little misunderstanding. :D

And that door. They opened by themself, why are you searching for me next half hour? :D

Ok I started this.
And I do not know if I like or not this interesting steal mechanics.
I stuck in the loop where I robed everybody and everything at the beginning and now I wait in the corner of the room for one hour for them to forget about this little misunderstanding. :D

And that door. They opened by themself, why are you searching for me next half hour? :D

The "cool down" for theft is very long, and the "wait" feature doesn't work at the moment, so you should make sure you can evade when picking an important lock. And you have to make sure your companions don't get caught either.

The system is very forgiving, both on the stealth and on the resolution if you're caught. It's so easy to say "I'm sorry" and get away with no punishment. Even if you do it multiple times, though that depends who catches you.

I just started and testing mechanics. Steal looks like game breaking. with minimal investment you can rob anyone for fixed value. I can rob for 1040 coins each merchant and it looks easy for now. I still haven't left first map and tutorial.

I have 3 kindergarten kids so I can play only when they sleep for hour or two daily so I will play this game whole winter. :)

I want to play this by Christmas 2022. I wish we could have a world still functioning by that time tho.. :(

Back
Top Bottom