Where can I buy/find Crossbow bolts

Wouldn't be possible to add them to the vendors then? :p

As long as nobody knows what the flares do this makes no sense. Maybe they are intended as flares for the helicopter?

About the M16/M4A1: I don't know a lot about modding this game so if you say that the only fixable thing is the name for me it's ok. :)

Okay, I'll change the name then.

Anyway I have to agree with Burning Fish, I really can't wait for your new patch! :D

I think with all these recent fixes a new version is justified very soon :)!

As long as nobody knows what the flares do this makes no sense. Maybe they are intended as flares for the helicopter?

Hm, the helicopters do have these decoy flares though to "distract" incoming missiles.

I think with all these recent fixes a new version is justified very soon !

All I can say to that is "Yaaaaay!" :)

Yes, you start off with 1000 of them so you'd have to shoot a lot, but you would run out.

Hm, then those must be different flares. Also there isn't a vehicle window like with The Precursors to use for installing something.

Update: About the M16/M4A1 issue. Just changing the name would mean changing a lot of items for a detail that most people won't even notice. Especially as the inventory icon clearly shows a M16 and the model could indeed be a M16A4. So I'll leave it like it is…

Last edited:
Update: About the M16/M4A1 issue. Just changing the name would mean changing a lot of items for a detail that most people won't even notice. Especially as the inventory icon clearly shows a M16 and the model could indeed be a M16A4. So I'll leave it like it is…

Well the photo clearly doesn't portray the ingame model, anyway ok I understand why it's not worth it. :)

UPDATE: I have a question, how I can obtain the files that rules the ingame mechanics like weapons behaviour etc? You are an experienced modder and since you succesfully edited some vendors parameters I presume that you know something about theese "config" files (probably xml format, right?), so could you teach me? :biggrin:

Last edited:
I have a question, how I can obtain the files that rules the ingame mechanics like weapons behaviour etc?

All these infos are in a single file called resource.qrc in common files and you can only edit that with a tool called _qre, which should be linked here somewhere. But I had to learn the hard way that even looking at the weapons settings with that tool causes them to disappear in the game, so I doubt that you can change their behaviour using it.

All these infos are in a single file called resource.qrc in common files and you can only edit that with a tool called _qre, which should be linked here somewhere. But I had to learn the hard way that even looking at the weapons settings with that tool causes them to disappear in the game, so I doubt that you can change their behaviour using it.

Ah yes I know where's that tool, I only wanted to know where is this file. :biggrin:
Anyway, in the thread of that tool it's written that the problem with the weapons is restricted with The Precursors… :-/
So it's better if I make a backup of that file before doing anything, right? :)

Anyway, in the thread of that tool it's written that the problem with the weapons is restricted with The Precursors…

Ah, I forgot which forum I was in ;). This indeed a TP issue, most probably because they improved the engine but not the editor.

So it's better if I make a backup of that file before doing anything, right? :)

If you use my patch you can always take it from there :)!

Ah, I forgot which forum I was in ;). This indeed a TP issue, most probably because they improved the engine but not the editor.

If you use my patch you can always take it from there :)!

Great! Thank you very much for the tips! :D

So now I will try to run that tool and see what I can do for the camera-screenshot "feature". :cool:

Ok I checked a lot of things using the resource editor, and I was actually able to see the weapons and their parameters, but I found nothing useful to make the camera captures a screenshot when taking a picture… :-/ Mostly becouse there's no real editable weapons code (the best would have been something like a camera.xml script to freely edit with a text editor like in other games) but just a very restrictive editor that uses only checkboxes and number-boxes… Also there's no reference to the scope mode of the camera, it seems like a special scope function that is not listed in the resource files (or at least I missed it) so I had nothing to check to see if a take-screenshot function could be added. I'm on a dead end about this, so any help or even little suggestion is always appreciated. :)

Ok I checked a lot of things using the resource editor, and I was actually able to see the weapons and their parameters, but I found nothing useful to make the camera captures a screenshot when taking a picture… :-/ Mostly becouse there's no real editable weapons code (the best would have been something like a camera.xml script to freely edit with a text editor like in other games) but just a very restrictive editor that uses only checkboxes and number-boxes… Also there's no reference to the scope mode of the camera, it seems like a special scope function that is not listed in the resource files (or at least I missed it) so I had nothing to check to see if a take-screenshot function could be added. I'm on a dead end about this, so any help or even little suggestion is always appreciated. :)
Noone? :'(

Back
Top Bottom