Hellgate London - v 1.2 Patch Trailer @ GamersHell

magerette

Hedgewitch
Gamershell has put up a new Hellgate:London trailer with scenes from Flagship's multiplayer 1.2 patch, now released to live servers. You can view the trailer here, the changelog details here, and here's the short description:
Electronic Arts today released a new trailer from the v1.2 multiplayer patch for Hellgate: London. The patch adds the in-game mail system, the "pets with abilities" feature, various gameplay tweaks, the option to adjust the difficulty of the Nightmare end-game, and more.
More information.

When patch 1 (Stonehenge Chronicles) appeared, Flagship Studios stated that people prefering the singleplayer game would not have to wait long for the singleplayer patch to appear.

Now, about three months and eight days later, we have multiplayer patch 1.2 on the doorsteps, but the singleplayer game's version remains at 0.6.

It is certainly debatable whether 0.6 signifies completion status in the developers' eyes, but the fact remains that there are serious technical issues like memory leaks and sound problems that were only fixed in the multiplayer patches 1 and higher still left in the singleplayer side of the game. This makes version 0.6 clearly unfinished at least from my point of view.

Normally, I would have expected that when the issues are actually identified and fixed in the multiplayer version, patching them also for singleplayer -- even if it means some additional work due to the odd division into a single- and multiplayer installation -- would be the decent thing to do regardless of any statements. Actually announcing to patch the game and simply not doing it later on is plainly cheating the customers, although admittedly they are not alone in this in the gaming industry.

Of course, they might still be coming out with a patch sometime in the future. Or, by now a distinct possibility, spending money once for this game is not enough for Flagship Studios / EA to trouble itself and you simply have to pay a monthly rate and have an internet connection available at all times to get the finished product.

Edit: the singleplayer patch 1.2 is starting beta this week (first week of april); I guess things look a bit brighter, after all.

Last edited:
i believe that this is the first game Ive ever seen in which the patches have actual trailers. It's kinda funny

Back
Top Bottom